LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
I really hope this thread turns into another d*ck measuring contest between Gooner and 252. Bring out your microscopes!

Advertisement
Have you guys actually watched the Spring films on Burrow's time at OSU? He doesn't look all-world, but he looks like a guy with the ability to step up and run a bit (think Syracuse QB) and a guy with a very clean release. He fit a number of passes into windows - and some of this was 2 years ago. I'll defer to OSU people who've seen him more, but that's what the plays on the actual videos show.

Have you guys actually watched the Spring films on Burrow's time at OSU? He doesn't look all-world, but he looks like a guy with the ability to step up and run a bit (think Syracuse QB) and a guy with a very clean release. He fit a number of passes into windows - and some of this was 2 years ago. I'll defer to OSU people who've seen him more, but that's what the plays on the actual videos show.

Hope he throws us the ball 4 times like the Syracuse QB did

I hope they are scrubs, but 10 plus years of history say there is at least 1-2 NFL backs on that roster kid

I stand by my statement that they wouldn't be going to a 4 WR offense if they had a stud waiting in the wings. They would lean on the stud. Especially since they know we lost our top 3 DTs so the middle of our D could be ripe for the taking. This would be the perfect game to unleash a beast at RB considering they are supposed to be "SEC tough, physical, blah blah" but yet Orgeron is talking up this "finesse, spread it out, throw the ball all over the field" type offense. Just sayin..

I stand by my statement that they wouldn't be going to a 4 WR offense if they had a stud waiting in the wings. They would lean on the stud. Especially since they know we lost our top 3 DTs so the middle of our D could be ripe for the taking. This would be the perfect game to unleash a beast at RB considering they are supposed to be "SEC tough, physical, blah blah" but yet Orgeron is talking up this "finesse, spread it out, throw the ball all over the field" type offense. Just sayin..
Again, I hope you are right, but I've got 10 years of NFL players at the position from them saying there will be some talent back there. We will be ready up front (I hope, a bit worrieed about DT depth), but I hope the D is not taking their RB talent as lightly as you guys are.

Advertisement
So do you think we should be worried about him vs. our defense? Do you think he has a good chance to have a big day and win the game? I'm just asking because I have not seen a lot of his film.

I have watched it and spoken to OSU fans who are die hards and they say there is a reason why he left. The starting job was his for the taking this year and he bolted. Not trying to downplay him just yet but I am just relaying what I was told because it made zero sense for him to leave OSU to go to LSU where they had 3 other QBs vying for the job... He is expected to be the starter for Game 1 though.

Hope he throws us the ball 4 times like the Syracuse QB did
The Syracuse QB got thrown a curveball when we went Nickel and man. They had torn it up throwing the ball and we challenged the **** out of their offense. We basically hadn't shown it much up to that point. Also, I'm not comparing this QB directly to the Syracuse QB. Just that ability to scramble a bit. Think Craig Krenzel-ish.

Hope the LSU kid is thrown at least a few blitz and coverage packages we've never put on film. I'm not saying much about what he will do, but the videos do not back up the statements he is a wild thrower. Hope he is, though.

The Syracuse QB got thrown a curveball when we went Nickel and man. They had torn it up throwing the ball and we challenged the **** out of their offense. We basically hadn't shown it much up to that point. Also, I'm not comparing this QB directly to the Syracuse QB. Just that ability to scramble a bit. Think Craig Krenzel-ish.

Hope the LSU kid is thrown at least a few blitz and coverage packages we've never put on film. I'm not saying much about what he will do, but the videos do not back up the statements he is a wild thrower. Hope he is, though.

When Joe Jackson and Garvin drive him into the turf in Arlington we will see what he's got. I expect to see the TO CHAIN 3 times, at a minimum.

Advertisement
So do you think we should be worried about him vs. our defense? Do you think he has a good chance to have a big day and win the game? I'm just asking because I have not seen a lot of his film.
Until we tighten up on 3rd down coverages, I worry about any QB who can throw an accurate pass. I've only watched the youtube films, too, so I don't have any deep insight here. Just haven't seen the "wildness" and inaccuracy some alluded to. Now, it's his first game and in a bigtime setting. He will probably face only 1-2 other DLs with our talent. Sounds like a recipe for a lot of traps we can set.

Advertisement
And that was with Les Miles as the coach. More and more, Miles players are starting to graduate/go pro, and more of Orgeron's players are coming in.

That's fair, Oregeron is a DOPE, but they still got some highly recruited RBs on the roster. I hope they have 7 scrubs back there, don't get me wrong, but no way I dismiss a team that has had that much talent as easily as you guys do, but that's just me. Hopefully the team/coaching staff is taking my approach to their RB talent level, not you guys.

That's fair, Oregeron is a DOPE, but they still got some highly recruited RBs on the roster. I hope they have 7 scrubs back there, don't get me wrong, but no way I dismiss a team that has had that much talent as easily as you guys do, but that's just me. Hopefully the team/coaching staff is taking my approach to their RB talent level, not you guys.

Oh we definitely shouldn't dismiss LSU. They're still a talent rich state where the kids decide to stay loyal to their school.

Their defense is definitely concerning to me, especially with the question marks we have at QB and OL.

Defensively, I feel we should be fine.

Until we tighten up on 3rd down coverages, I worry about any QB who can throw an accurate pass. I've only watched the youtube films, too, so I don't have any deep insight here. Just haven't seen the "wildness" and inaccuracy some alluded to. Now, it's his first game and in a bigtime setting. He will probably face only 1-2 other DLs with our talent. Sounds like a recipe for a lot of traps we can set.
Auburn, bama, Mississippi state all have very talented dlineman in addition to Miami on their schedule

Advertisement
Back