LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
I do not see this being a close game past the first half. LSU is just not a good team. We have way more experience, better players, and way better coaches. They return 10 starters total—among the lowest in FBS. They only return 64% of their letterman overall which may be the lowest in the FBS.

What I think will happen is a close first half, and I could even see us going down at one point. In the second half, Manny will make adjustments to their offense, our pass rush will start wearing on them, and we will create turnovers. Our skill guys are just too much for them to handle all game, and we will win by 14-21 points.

Big picture is they will have to work wayyyy harder to score than we will. Their fans are delusional and do not understand the slide their program is about to take.

So many of our fans have this penciled in as a win. I think this and FSU are the toughest two games we have.

This will be a very difficult and hard fought game. Think more of the FSU and GT games last year than the VT, ND games.

Brosette and Curry were both highly rated RB recruits. You guys are fooling yourselves if you think they won't have talent, name me the last LSU RB starter that didn't play in the NFL? We will be ready, but I hope the D is not as ****sure of lack of talent at RB for them as you naive kids are...…...

Nick Brossette? You mean the guy who fumbled on the opening play against Troy last year. The guy who tore his ACL as a Freshman? The guy who has 46 total carries in his college career, and was the No. 2 back coming out of Spring (behind a 3* true sophomore)?

Chris Curry? The same Chris Curry our staff (who knows RBs) had behind Lingard and Davis last class?? I like him some as a recruit, but he has ZERO college snaps and would be RB5 and a redshirt candidate on our depth chart.

Meanwhile, the guy who was actually starting coming out of Spring, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, was a composite 3* recruit and is a sophomore with all of 10 career carries.

There may be some talent at RB, but it is clearly inexperienced and unproven at the college level.

Advertisement
So many of our fans have this penciled in as a win. I think this and FSU are the toughest two games we have.

This will be a very difficult and hard fought game. Think more of the FSU and GT games last year than the VT, ND games.
Convincing stuff

I don’t see either team scoring more than 20. 17-13 type of game.

Both QBs will struggle and both teams running game won’t be able to get going against the defenses. It’ll come down to who turns it over and which D capitalizes from the ****** offensive play.

Nah this team struggled to beat ND, wont be easy but it shouldn’t be a close game either

Advertisement
I waS surprised to see how easily they got him out of plays in that game. He’s good but he can be washed out certainly

Still learning LB, we need to use that, he was a 4* RB recruit that moved to LB @ LSU. He's physically maybe the best LB in the nation, but you are right, he can be confused/ran on.

Advertisement

This is a game that should be penciled in as a win. LSU isn't even ranked. There is a reason for that. They are questionable at best on O and there D will have the carry them. Now I don't think anyone should be saying this will be a blowout, but this should be a game that we feel comfortable saying is a W.

This is a game that should be penciled in as a win. LSU isn't even ranked. There is a reason for that. They are questionable at best on O and there D will have the carry them. Now I don't think anyone should be saying this will be a blowout, but this should be a game that we feel comfortable saying is a W.
I THINK we win, but I'm not anywhere near as comfortable as you are, and the boys in the desert are not as well. If we win 21-20 I'll be a drink **** in Dallas Sunday night. That said, I'm not "penciling" in a **** thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They are #24 in coaches poll (just fyi.) We are #8.

I got lsu coming out in the 4 & 5 wideout sets in order to test our young db's, they know we got a decent starting 2, but the rest havent made a name for themselves yet. As far as lsu's offense, we need to set the tone and come out blitzing and force them to adjust early, they got talent on offense for sure.

As long as we score points, should be a strong solid game, a win no matter how we get it is straight, if we dominate, that would put alot of teams on notice, at the same time we cant sleep on lsu or Fsu, they both have championship caliber rosters, with Fsu having the better qb's. With all these gimmick offenses, this is why having coach simpson here is more important than coach kool, cause we will be a better run defense and start forcing alot of these qb's to be qb's!

I come in peace and want to learn a little about this Miami team I know nothing about and maybe share some info on the tigers. I think it will be a great game. Seeing the comments on the RB situation at LSU. Yes it isn't near the quality of the last few teams, but the talent is there. CEH is a stud. He's been waiting his time and will be a handful for Miami. Behind him it's average at best. I'm not a fan of Brossette, but Curry I think will do well at LSU once he learns the offense. Leonard Fournettes younger brother is a serviceable back and I think will get some playing time if given the opportunity. The reason you are hearing LSU focus more on the WR's is because they are loaded. Chase is going to be a real good player and may even start as a true freshman. He just has it. Giles, the transfer from Texas Tech had to sit out last year and he has been awarded the #7 jersey which doesn't mean anything to fans from opposing teams, but that means he will be the face of the WR core. This is probable the deepest they have been in a while and IMO more loaded then the couple years we had Jarvis Landry and Beckham. The entire defense is really good this year. Even better than last year and the draft took a lot of talent. The Dline for the first time in a while has a lot of depth so they will be fresh all game where last year it wasn't the case and it had a big impact in a couple games. The LB core is lead by Devin White and will be an early 1st round pick after the season barring injury. The secondary is lead by Greedy Williams who is our lock down corner and another early 1st round pick, but the talent drops after him unless the NCAA reinstates Fulton (was the top DB come out of high school a few years ago) which I believe is looking at his appeal any day now. IF he plays this season he will be the starter opposite Greedy which would be huge for LSU. If both defenses live up to their hype I don't see either team scoring more than 20 points. I'm really thinking about dropping a grand on the under for this game.

Advertisement
Back