LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Its official.. One of their QBs is gone. Lowell Narcisse, I thought he was their best guy, not sold on the OSU transfer Burrow.
Apparently, the other guy in the competition McMillan is likely to leave as well. Both were no shows at practice today.
Honestly, doesn't matter for us because all three of those guys would've thrown a couple picks in the game. LSU offense is garbage always has been, especially the passing game.

In all likelihood, they may come into the game with only two QBs on the roster.

Here is the link. Lowell Narcisse Announces He Is Transferring

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really though...nothe being live in camp going into a game with a defense that had a ton of turnovers generated last year? Helmet on the ball every time please...these guys will look like they dipped their hands in Crisco.

Advertisement
Burrow is the most talented passer on their roster and the fact that 2 kids ran away as soon as he got there tells me 2 things:

1. He's in line to start
2. He's talented enough to make the other kids realize they're not playing over him

I agree on both points. First thoughts that popped in my head after hearing about the transfer requests.

Yes he may be good. But if Weldon and Perry transferred today would everyone be happy bc it means Rosier and Williams are the truth?

I feel like any news can be spun any way.

Burrow is the most talented passer on their roster and the fact that 2 kids ran away as soon as he got there tells me 2 things:

1. He's in line to start
2. He's talented enough to make the other kids realize they're not playing over him

Exactly. Burrow was a 3 star to Narcisse 4 star and recruiting rankings at times don't mean crap. **** look at Baker Mayfield, who was a former walk on. From the tape I've seen of Burrows at camp, he looks good and passes are crisp, but I'll wait and see till he's taken a few shots to see how good he is

Exactly. Burrow was a 3 star to Narcisse 4 star and recruiting rankings at times don't mean crap. **** look at Baker Mayfield, who was a former walk on. From the tape I've seen of Burrows at camp, he looks good and passes are crisp, but I'll wait and see till he's taken a few shots to see how good he is

what tape?

Advertisement
I'm not buying it, but I hope you are right. I can guarantee you at least on of those backs plays in the NFL. Brosette/Curry were both highly ranked recruits, just because they backed up Guice/Fournette doesn't mean they can't play.

LSU should be particularly concerned w them fumbling either way

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude throws a nice ball

Hope he struggles picking up the offense

He's talented and he already made 2 kids leave the program. There's zero doubt he's got a ton of talent.

I just don't think there's a chance in **** he will have the whole offense down at this point and no way he's developed rapport with his receivers. He just got there in late May. He's had very few full speed practices under his belt. Plus he's never gotten the snot knocked out of his nose by a 270lb defensive end running at full speed with very bad intentions.

I think he's a good player with a lot of talent, but getting them game 1 is a huge advantage. No way he's comfortable in that offense. My guess is they have about 25% of the playbook installed by game time and they'll get him as comfortable as they can with a small amount of plays.

Those were my thoughts as well. He looks the part but you never know till everything goes live.

He looks solid finding the underneath stuff. His deeper balls float -- see WRs stopping or turning around or slowing down for the deep ball attempts.

His first TD throw he gets obliterated in live action and seemed completely oblivious to it. How did the refs not call that a sack? That's either a decapitating sack or he gets rocked as he releases the ball resulting in a likely pick.

I don't get too much from that. Def a mystery heading into this game.

Dude throws a nice ball

Hope he struggles picking up the offense

He throws a nice intermediate ball. Not a big time arm down the field, and doesn't seem like he likes to stretch the defense. Kind of reminds me of an Air Raid QB.
Hopefully Diaz isn't having linebackers covering slot receivers, or Burrow is going to be able to pick that apart (but so will everybody as we saw last year).

It's also not shocking where those defensive performances against Iowa and Oklahoma came from when you watched that spring game. Those fans had to have known they were in serious trouble based on that DB performance.

Advertisement
Back