LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Yes he may be good. But if Weldon and Perry transferred today would everyone be happy bc it means Rosier and Williams are the truth?

I feel like any news can be spun any way.

This is it right here. The transfers don't tell us chit because nobody knows how good any of these guys actually are. For all we know they are transferring because they thought they outperformed Burrow but are not getting looks at the starting job because the coaches promised Burrow the starting job for transferring to LSU. In fact, I think that makes more sense given the fact that McMillan was looking like the surprise starter in spring and how Burrow chose LSU when he could have chosen a terrible qb room like Florida (lol feleipe franks and kyle trask) or Nebraska (a walk-on and a freshman are competing for the starting job).

I don't know if hes actually any good, but if you're scared of Joe Burrow, plz go to church, because only the Lord and our defense can save you.

Advertisement
He's talented and he already made 2 kids leave the program. There's zero doubt he's got a ton of talent.

I just don't think there's a chance in **** he will have the whole offense down at this point and no way he's developed rapport with his receivers. He just got there in late May. He's had very few full speed practices under his belt. Plus he's never gotten the snot knocked out of his nose by a 270lb defensive end running at full speed with very bad intentions.

I think he's a good player with a lot of talent, but getting them game 1 is a huge advantage. No way he's comfortable in that offense. My guess is they have about 25% of the playbook installed by game time and they'll get him as comfortable as they can with a small amount of plays.
25% was installed by the spring game, i think we will have a good bit more installed than that by game day!.. But who knows

25% was installed by the spring game, i think we will have a good bit more installed than that by game day!.. But who knows

Burrow wasn't there for the Spring game, right? Regardless, I'm sure most of the offense will be installed for the season.

The question is how strong of a grasp all of the newcomers will really have of it.

Burrow has a very weak arm.

He throws with pretty good anticipation, at least in Meyer's offense. So that negates it some.
But you're right, it's not a cannon. And you can see in that one throw where he's not able to fully step into it and it's badly under thrown but the DB is beaten and yet still has a chance to catch up to the ball. He just also falls down so the pass is completed.

Advertisement

Lot of people in the know think this is not a good sign. Between things like this and no full contact all fall camp, it's not hard to see why O is looked at as a joke in CFB.

Those were my thoughts as well. He looks the part but you never know till everything goes live.

Agree with both of ya'll...nice throws under "pressure". Curious how he'll perform under those Sunday night lights on national TV against our edge guys/ballhawking DBs.

He looks solid finding the underneath stuff. His deeper balls float -- see WRs stopping or turning around or slowing down for the deep ball attempts.

His first TD throw he gets obliterated in live action and seemed completely oblivious to it. How did the refs not call that a sack? That's either a decapitating sack or he gets rocked as he releases the ball resulting in a likely pick.

I don't get too much from that. Def a mystery heading into this game.
He would have gotten killed from that hit like JH against Virginia back in 2010.

Advertisement

He wasn't there in the spring.

Joe Burrow had never seen a single one of Steve Ensminger's plays until June. There's no possible way he executes for 60 minutes without several mistakes.

He looks solid finding the underneath stuff. His deeper balls float -- see WRs stopping or turning around or slowing down for the deep ball attempts.

His first TD throw he gets obliterated in live action and seemed completely oblivious to it. How did the refs not call that a sack? That's either a decapitating sack or he gets rocked as he releases the ball resulting in a likely pick.

I don't get too much from that. Def a mystery heading into this game.
Yeah that definitely would have been a sack on the first td he threw

Advertisement
Willis???? Lmao. Come on with these retread players. Lots of eating crow over here if LSU wins.
I was going to keep quiet. But dude you have no idea what Willis has turned into. Revisit this after the game regardless of the outcome that dude is going to eat.
ND had great L side of that o-line and a freshman (Garvin) and a sophomore (Jackson) we’re eating like it was Sunday brunch. i doubt your starting LT is anywhere as talented as ND”s was last year (9th pick overall at 6’8 309lbs) Also remember that winbush can move and run a lot better than Burrow and he actually got pulled from the game at one point. Just like you lost some games last year we did too. But we made ND look really and I mean really bad.
Whatever you guys do, better not let our defense see a video like this before the game.

Advertisement
I was going to keep quiet. But dude you have no idea what Willis has turned into. Revisit this after the game regardless of the outcome that dude is going to eat.
ND had great L side of that o-line and a freshman (Garvin) and a sophomore (Jackson) we’re eating like it was Sunday brunch. i doubt your starting LT is anywhere as talented as ND”s was last year (9th pick overall at 6’8 309lbs) Also remember that winbush can move and run a lot better than Burrow and he actually got pulled from the game at one point. Just like you lost some games last year we did too. But we made ND look really and I mean really bad.
Whatever you guys do, better not let our defense see a video like this before the game.

That aged well

He actually looks extremely accurate in those clips. Not sure why everyone is acting like he is some walk-on scrub just cause he transferred.
He’s looks average and like someone said he’s making some anticipation throws in the clip ... but the refs also let him played .. he will get rattled at Miami unless manny Diaz does some bull**** with our lbs covering smaller guys

He actually looks extremely accurate in those clips. Not sure why everyone is acting like he is some walk-on scrub just cause he transferred.

Agreed he looks accurate on the underneath stuff. And made some nice anticipation throws. You responded to a guy saying he's not making the throw at 33 seconds in a real game.

1534351554895.png

You disagree? The defender was already letting up at that point and stepping away from the QB rather than into him. That throw was one of his TDs btw

Advertisement
Back