LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

I was going to keep quiet. But dude you have no idea what Willis has turned into. Revisit this after the game regardless of the outcome that dude is going to eat.
ND had great L side of that o-line and a freshman (Garvin) and a sophomore (Jackson) we’re eating like it was Sunday brunch. i doubt your starting LT is anywhere as talented as ND”s was last year (9th pick overall at 6’8 309lbs) Also remember that winbush can move and run a lot better than Burrow and he actually got pulled from the game at one point. Just like you lost some games last year we did too. But we made ND look really and I mean really bad.
Whatever you guys do, better not let our defense see a video like this before the game.

Jon garvin and joe Jackson are going to destroy LSU OTs

Advertisement
I was going to keep quiet. But dude you have no idea what Willis has turned into. Revisit this after the game regardless of the outcome that dude is going to eat.
ND had great L side of that o-line and a freshman (Garvin) and a sophomore (Jackson) we’re eating like it was Sunday brunch. i doubt your starting LT is anywhere as talented as ND”s was last year (9th pick overall at 6’8 309lbs) Also remember that winbush can move and run a lot better than Burrow and he actually got pulled from the game at one point. Just like you lost some games last year we did too. But we made ND look really and I mean really bad.
Whatever you guys do, better not let our defense see a video like this before the game.

We all know how this turned out for them.

He throws with pretty good anticipation, at least in Meyer's offense. So that negates it some.
But you're right, it's not a cannon. And you can see in that one throw where he's not able to fully step into it and it's badly under thrown but the DB is beaten and yet still has a chance to catch up to the ball. He just also falls down so the pass is completed.

meyer's offense is predicated on creating open throwing lanes where arm strength isn't the most important attribute for his qb (although it certainly helps). timmy f'ing tebow had a 66% completion percentage for his career running that. ensminger hasn't been a full-time oc in 20 years, and had fournette and guice when he did his interim stint a few years ago. all we have to do to win this game is convert a few third downs and take care of the football. the rest will take care of itself.

meyer's offense is predicated on creating open throwing lanes where arm strength isn't the most important attribute for his qb (although it certainly helps). timmy f'ing tebow had a 66% completion percentage for his career running that. ensminger hasn't been a full-time oc in 20 years, and had fournette and guice when he did his interim stint a few years ago. all we have to do to win this game is convert a few third downs and take care of the football. the rest will take care of itself.

Yeah, Burrow is def. a "system guy." If you have an offense that just needs somebody to spot the open guy (because they will be open) and make the accurate throw and move the chains and not make a mistake, he seems tailor made for that.
The question for LSU fans would be: how much do they need Burrow to do on the field? Is the offense just as "just add water ready" as Ohio State's offense? If it is, they might have something.

Yeah, Burrow is def. a "system guy." If you have an offense that just needs somebody to spot the open guy (because they will be open) and make the accurate throw and move the chains and not make a mistake, he seems tailor made for that.
The question for LSU fans would be: how much do they need Burrow to do on the field? Is the offense just as "just add water ready" as Ohio State's offense? If it is, they might have something.

If LSU's Oline lives up to their talent then Joe B would just be the final ingredient because of the talented wideouts he's throwing to. Not to mention stacked TE depth.

Advertisement
If LSU's Oline lives up to their talent then Joe B would just be the final ingredient because of the talented wideouts he's throwing to. Not to mention stacked TE depth.

I can't say I thought the LSU offense was a "final ingredient" away last year, but I guess we'll see.

Can you expand on the breakdown of the projected starting OL for LSU?

Is the starting group set or likely group competing?
Returning starters?
Any all-conference guys?
Experienced transfers?
Promising young talent?

That's one unit I've heard little about and would be interested in having a better idea.

your tight ends wont be that big of a factor, those linebackers and Dbs were covering NFL and first round draft pick TE's as freshman and sophomores. and I promise, you don't have any freak TE like Njoku or Herndon on LSU's roster

At tackle Saahdiq Charle, Badara Traore, Austin Deculus, Cameron Wire
Charles is a legit tackle, but I'm not sold on Traore. He was the #1 juco tackle LSU got last spring, but he was disappointing in the spring game. Deculus is very talented, but I think he is more geared as a guard. Cameron Wire is a prototypical tackle, but lacks experience.

Guard Garrett Brumfield, Ed Ingram, Damien Lewis, Adrian Magee

Brumfield is a really good lineman and a road grader. Lewis was the top guard coming out of junior college and has been looking very impressive. Since Ingram is suspended, I see Lewis starting and I thought he was going to beat out Ingram anyway. Magee is also talented, just not a lot of experience.
Center Lloyd Cushenberry, Cole Smith Cushenberry has experience and will get the nod.

Advertisement
Charles is a legit tackle, but I'm not sold on Traore. He was the #1 juco tackle LSU got last spring, but he was disappointing in the spring game. Deculus is very talented, but I think he is more geared as a guard. Cameron Wire is a prototypical tackle, but lacks experience.

Brumfield is a really good lineman and a road grader. Lewis was the top guard coming out of junior college and has been looking very impressive. Since Ingram is suspended, I see Lewis starting and I thought he was going to beat out Ingram anyway. Magee is also talented, just not a lot of experience.
Center Lloyd Cushenberry, Cole Smith Cushenberry has experience and will get the nod.
Good to know. So instead of returning 5 offensive starters you saying it's 4? You not doing bad, I'm kinda still listening to you man. But I'm skeptical after your "hands down better defense" in SEC comment.

Do I think LSU's defense is better than Miami? Yes, but not by a lot. Besides Clemson, will probably be best defense you play. Unfortunately we will face a tougher defense this year in Georgia and Alabama. Our schedule is brutal. All said and done, we will face at least 4 top 10 teams this season. I don't think anyone else faces that.

Thanks--seems like you're returning 2 OL starters. One being Brumfield, who was 2nd team All-SEC last year. Then it's a pool of younger emerging guys who have gotten some limited experienced and a couple JUCO newcomers.

Not too different from our OL situation. Should be interesting.

Advertisement
Do I think LSU's defense is better than Miami? Yes, but not by a lot. Besides Clemson, will probably be best defense you play. Unfortunately we will face a tougher defense this year in Georgia and Alabama. Our schedule is brutal. All said and done, we will face at least 4 top 10 teams this season. I don't think anyone else faces that.
Have you seen what Georgia lost? Miami’s db and front 7 were better than Georgia’s talent wise and still is

refs are gonna keep this close, Idk why ya'll even bother because you should know this

even the lsu fan should know it.. how the **** you go like 8 straight ******* games without having a single hold called on the other team?

that's never happened in HISTORY

the pitt corner flat out tackled our WR think it was harley in the endzone FIVE feet from the ref with the ref looking right at him, have we forgotten this?

refs are gonna keep this close, Idk why ya'll even bother because you should know this

even the lsu fan should know it.. how the **** you go like 8 straight ******* games without having a single hold called on the other team?

that's never happened in HISTORY

the pitt corner flat out tackled our WR think it was harley in the endzone FIVE feet from the ref with the ref looking right at him, have we forgotten this?

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the referee crew is coming from for this game?

I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything.

Advertisement
So your "hands down better defenses" in SEC was based on your projections? Gotcha, I thought initially you were speaking of the most recent year. I stand corrected.

And if Georgia has a better defense than Miami after losing like 8 starters, the planes will be flying, and I get Bama, but they lost a lot, and I aint giving them nothing! Miami has AA candidates at EVERY level.(In my '80s voice) "Believe that"

I say we smoke these fools. LSU starters don’t have much game experience and Miami is ready to take it to the next level. I’m predicting a blow out 41-17. I think Rosier takes the next step because he has the right attitude. Last year he was a gamer (not perfect), until Pittsburgh. The D will be dominant and the offense progresses to the point of surprising the Miami fan base. The ACC title game will come down to Miami vs Clemson. It will be a close game and I’ll call it 50/50 at this point. Last year I saw, for the first time in 15 years, the team get better as the season went on. Wait a second, we lost the the last three games of the year. Injuries occur every year but the last year we lost our best players who I guarantee the team believed in. Barring devastating injuries this team will deliver.

And if Georgia has a better defense than Miami after losing like 8 starters, the planes will be flying, and I get Bama, but they lost a lot, and I aint giving them nothing! Miami has AA candidates at EVERY level.(In my '80s voice) "Believe that"

Yes Georgia has a better defense. They are loaded. Their head coach learned under Saban. They will finish the season in the top 10 just like last year.

Advertisement
Back