Louisville

Advertisement
Amditis barely beat out a ball hit to the right fielder. Toral represents the tying run with 2 out.

I think if you bench him, you could lose him. Most of his errors and bad at bats are from lack of focus. I think he’d completely check out and be worthless for the rest of the year which is why you DH him and get him refocused. Just my opinion. We’ll probably never find out though

I actually don't see this as a bad loss. Our true freshman in a totally unfamiliar role vs their ace against a top 10 team on the road. Reality is we fought the whole way and brought the tying run to the plate in the ninth with Toral hitting. If we get swept, then yes it sucks. We'll see how far they have come in the next two.

Advertisement
I actually don't see this as a bad loss. Our true freshman in a totally unfamiliar role vs their ace against a top 10 team on the road. Reality is we fought the whole way and brought the tying run to the plate in the ninth with Toral hitting. If we get swept, then yes it sucks. We'll see how far they have come in the next two.

Even if we get swept none of them are bad losses, unless we blow one late. Im saying we have a monster chance in front of us, and it’s a real measuring stick type weekend for the team and staff as a whole

Advertisement
Even if we get swept none of them are bad losses, unless we blow one late. Im saying we have a monster chance in front of us, and it’s a real measuring stick type weekend for the team and staff as a whole

Concur, but a sweep would be a serious blow to any chance at hosting, don't you think? Drops us below .500 in ACC play and hurts chances of winning the Coastal.

We clearly aren't at Ville's level. Big issue is Zamora.
Really though? 2 run game starting our midweek freshman? I came away thinking this series is very different if we don’t lose our most reliable starter the week before we play them.

Advertisement
We looked like we belonged. If we continue to look like that we can still host even if we are swept because we will win most of the rest of our games. UL is legit.

Really though? 2 run game starting our midweek freshman? I came away thinking this series is very different if we don’t lose our most reliable starter the week before we play them.
Would tend to agree but all the runs we give away game in n out difficult to overcome against a good/better team regardless. Still 2 to play and win hopefully.

Advertisement
The pitching sets up nicely, kind of like the way Duke used to throw their #3 in game one of every series.

Advertisement
Back