Louisville

Advertisement
If you ever get the chance it's unreal to visit the factory and take the tour. I was lucky enough to get a special tour and go into the vault where they have all the original models from all the players that used their bats. There's a pic of the canes players from yesterday who got to take a tour and go in the vault.

Most major leaguers swing an average bat of 31-32oz....Babe Ruth swung a 44oz bat.
It really is such an amazing tour

Advertisement
That’s a slippery slope man. You can’t sit him in the biggest series of the year, you’ll kill any confidence he has left. You move him down in the lineup and DH him. Tell him it’s a rest day and give him a chance to focus on one thing
Well if you sit him he can’t make an error/errors or k in a potentially big spot. I’d bench him for a game or two, let him refocus then bring him back as DH and lower him in the order like you said. It’s been at the point where you expect him to make an error a game.

Our middle relief is just not good enough to compete against a top ACC team. The quality of pitches is not there. Easy takes by the batters when they get two strikes because the pitches are so far off the plate. It lets the hitters back into the count.

Well if you sit him he can’t make an error/errors or k in a potentially big spot. I’d bench him for a game or two, let him refocus then bring him back as DH and lower him in the order like you said. It’s been at the point where you expect him to make an error a game.

I think if you bench him, you could lose him. Most of his errors and bad at bats are from lack of focus. I think he’d completely check out and be worthless for the rest of the year which is why you DH him and get him refocused. Just my opinion. We’ll probably never find out though

I think if you bench him, you could lose him. Most of his errors and bad at bats are from lack of focus. I think he’d completely check out and be worthless for the rest of the year which is why you DH him and get him refocused. Just my opinion. We’ll probably never find out though

We don’t have anyone staff trust to play SS. I’ve already said what the need to do with him next year.

Advertisement
WTF is Lala doing? There is no point in trying to take 2nd on ball in the dirt (turf). We need three runs. He just ran us out of sn inning. Can't have it!!!

Advertisement
We don’t have anyone staff trust to play SS. I’ve already said what the need to do with him next year.

I don’t believe we don’t have anybody that can play short. If that’s really the case, it’s embarrassing. For a major D1 school to only have one guy on the team that can make routine plays there is a joke. You don’t need a Furcal or a Jeter. All you need is a guy who makes the routine plays

I don’t believe we don’t have anybody that can play short. If that’s really the case, it’s embarrassing. For a major D1 school to only have one guy on the team that can make routine plays there is a joke. You don’t need a Furcal or a Jeter. All you need is a guy who makes the routine plays

I agree, never said we don’t have 1. I said one that staff trust. We’re stuck with him at SS this year.

Advertisement
Not withstanding the pitching today, we just don't play a clean enough game. It seems that every game someone is making an error or a base running mistake. The Zamora throwing error cost us a run. Bases loaded walk by Cook when he had the hitter in a 1-2 count was another run. Lala getting thrown out at 2nd down 3 runs killed a potential rally. There were 2 runs we gave away that would have made it a 5-5 game going to the 9th. Although Louisville had more hits, this was a winnable game. Louisville played a cleaner game all the way around and that was the difference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back