Louisville Will Be a Problem

My concern is our inability to run the ball which then puts all the pressure on the QB.

Our OL has made great strides in pass protection but not vs the run. We ran the ball for 40 yds against FSU while every other team ran wild against them.

Hopefully, we can run the ball Sat.

Advertisement
My concern is our inability to run the ball which then puts all the pressure on the QB.

Our OL has made great strides in pass protection but not vs the run. We ran the ball for 40 yds against FSU while every other team ran wild against them.

Hopefully, we can run the ball Sat.
True, but I think we score against this defense, just not sure that we score enough compared to their offense

I agree with you, our defense is much better, but they can score in bunches. If they catch us being complacent or on a off night, I'm not confident our offense can score enough to get the dub.

How do they score in bunches? They scored 24 against FSU, 21 against UVA, 17 against ND and 10 against Clemson. Boston College has the worst defense in college and Wake is close behind. Wake has 17 sacks as a team and only got 1 against FSU.

UL has a lot of trouble with pressure and they cant dish out pressure either. They also only have 17 sacks on the season and only got 2 against FSU.

We have faced 3 of the top 10 pressure defenses this year (UF, UVA and Pitt).

UL is going to be facing another top defense and we are going to be facing one our weakest pressure and pass defenses of the year.

i dont trust us against anyone right now.

And you shouldn't...Gotta hope we enjoyed the taste of winning after all this torture. Again they don't have a defense, and Williams may be in the process of giving us our best QB play in about 30 games. Time to grow up

Advertisement
Louisville has gotten better, as have we.

It's going to be a close game, so the Rock needs to be shook.

We need the conference win.

Don't believe for a second we can't still lose to anyone on the face of the earth. The overconfidence of this fan base is nuts. Every year

Advertisement
After watching this team for at minimum the last 5 years what in God's name would possibly make you think Miami would come out focused and intense outside of a rivalry game? When does that actually happen?

This is some weird **** to read.

Advertisement
Louisville is ultra athletic on offense and defense. Thankfully they usually look lost in coverage but not exactly like we have a big old play sheet we call from.

Their O will get theirs at times we need to for once act like we watched a shred of film or made a coherent gameplan

The Cardinal " ultra athletic on DEFENSE!:confused: HuH. Dude, are you a FUNCTIONAL alcoholic ( Seriously. )? Because to make a suspect opinion about the Cardinal's defense, you probably finished off a " 12-pack " of CHEAP domestic beer. Ouch.

The bottom line is this: The winning outcome by Miami will come down to how well their defense plays! No ifs, buts or what. In other words, Miami " bottled up " and " kept in check " FSU's two-headed beast on offense Saturn day past. So now comes the defenses next exam against a well-tuned Cardinal offense. hUh.

True, but I think we score against this defense, just not sure that we score enough compared to their offense

MR. DOUBTING TOMMY CANE. May be you should turn in your Hurricane membership card, and CHEER for another Power 5 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good day and good evening.

Advertisement
How do they score in bunches? They scored 24 against FSU, 21 against UVA, 17 against ND and 10 against Clemson. Boston College has the worst defense in college and Wake is close behind. Wake has 17 sacks as a team and only got 1 against FSU.

UL has a lot of trouble with pressure and they cant dish out pressure either. They also only have 17 sacks on the season and only got 2 against FSU.

We have faced 3 of the top 10 pressure defenses this year (UF, UVA and Pitt).

UL is going to be facing another top defense and we are going to be facing one our weakest pressure and pass defenses of the year.

I dig this Hurricane fan! He seems like a reasonable sound GENUINE Miami, Florida Hurricane fan!

We are the better team. This will be another test of Manure. Like I said the other day, there are plenty of bad coaches who get their teams to be play great every once in awhile like we did against FSU.

All of our bad HCs have had big games here and there. If we play at the level we did against FSU we handle Louisville. If we revert to the way we’ve played much of this season Louisville will tune us up.
The question for me is whether we "turned the corner" like Andrew and others say or not. You make a good point that bad coaches we had (e.g Golden) had the team play great once a while. We are the better team so if we lose this game then "we turned the corner" statement is just a wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Back