Louisville Will Be a Problem

Advertisement
So true. A blue blood FBS program ranked #5 at the time losing at home to an FCS school vs. Miami losing to a bad Power 5 team at home? No comparison. That Michigan-App State game is still talked about to this day nationally. The only place you will hear about Miami losing to GT a year from now is on here.

Dont kid yourselves...it has nothing to do with "national" significance, but rather what it meant to losing program.

App St then and App St today would destroy today's GT.

As far as conference snobbery/snubbery, how did that work out for all the P5 teams Boise State mushroom stamped?

Structurally to the program, losing to this GT team is a bottom 3 all time worse loss for Miami.

My observation obviously, there are those that will differ.

Advertisement
If this wasn't Sr day I would be a little more nervous then I should be. We have a very solid Sr class full of guys with pride for this program. (Shaq, Pinck, Finley, Knowles, Bethel, etc) That is the intangible for this game. They aren't going out against these guys in their last game at the Rock. As you can see most of our Srs are on defense. This D will win us the game even if the offense comes out flat. I don't see UL scoring anymore then 10 points. All Enos needs to do is score 11..JMO.

There scheme reminds me of Perkins and UVA. If we implement the same sort of defensive approach (maintain rush lanes, staying gap sound), we SHOULD be fine. Unless we get ahead, this wont be another 9 sack game....

Offense is going to have to continue to move the chains and take shots when available. I have a feeling they are going to play prevent and force us to sustain drives. Miami is gonna have to show it can take what's there and stay in front of the chains....

Advertisement
Just watched a few of their games this season, and they have serious speed on offense. They run the type of offense that we wish we had. If we come out sleep walking like we have done for most games this season, they will spank us. Just check out the Louisville vs. Wake Forest game

Hopefully they'll have spank us the same way Pitt and the semenholes were supposed to.

We are the better team. This will be another test of Manure. Like I said the other day, there are plenty of bad coaches who get their teams to be play great every once in awhile like we did against FSU.

All of our bad HCs have had big games here and there. If we play at the level we did against FSU we handle Louisville. If we revert to the way we’ve played much of this season Louisville will tune us up.
All you know is to **** talk here and get conned by Dan Sileo Jr. Remember when you were playing recruiting “insider” a couple of years ago? LOL.

Hassan Hall will be back for the Birds....supposedly a dynamic kick returner. Anyone seen this guy play?

Advertisement
Man do people on this site not know what if means, read my post bro I said if they come our this way they have a chance. If not why may lose I hope for there sake it’s a new day and they left that **** in the past.
“If” implies there’s a chance

UL is something like 90th in the nation in sacks allowed. You can’t win games when your OL is being torn apart. Our D will show up once again, need our OL to make it 3 weeks in a row of looking like they’ve actually played the game of football before

Advertisement
The defense will do their thing and hold them to 10pts. This is on Enos and his unnecessary complex scheme to put up points.

1. They have the type of QB and run the type of run heavy, vertical passing game offense that should be in Miami. 2. How do u not recruit Tutu

Rousseau needs to GO EAT!!!!!& I think he will! I’m looking for two sacks from him at least!

...and we run the defense they wish they had. You saw 59 points scored in that WF--atrocious defense. Watching their games is good and all but it's about the match ups and we got guys to hang with them.

Out of Louisville's 5 wins (two against FCS), only one came on a top 20 defense (UVA #17 - overall). The rest we're against the outside 50. Our defense (#14 - overall) will be the second toughest they've seen all year only after Clemson (#4 - Overall) whom they only hung 10 on.

What I mean to say is that there is nothing they are going to do to win this game. If we lose, it's because the Canes got in their own way which has been the same tired story all year long.
You could make the same argument about our defense not facing top offenses no? From what they were last year, they will be a challenge. We have struggled with much worse team at home this season. With the way we have played we cant underestimate any team.

I hope you're right but I'm sure you thought the same when we played UNC, VaTech, and GT. This game has the potential to be dangerous. I can definitely see us losing this game.

If the coaches has the team ready to play we should be able to control the game with our D and their D isn't that good so we should be able to move the ball.

It amazes me how people miss sarcasm on this board.

Advertisement
Back