Louisville Will Be a Problem

Just watched a few of their games this season, and they have serious speed on offense. They run the type of offense that we wish we had. If we come out sleep walking like we have done for most games this season, they will spank us. Just check out the Louisville vs. Wake Forest game

Cardinals offense is fast. Fastest we will face, said it in an earlier thread. The defense needs to be sharp and make sure the edges are always set. Set edges and come down hill and make little Hawkins pay

Advertisement
Didn't fsu beat them?

Didn't GT beat us? Who's worse....FSU or GT? Seriously, we have to take EVERYONE seriously this year. We are not very consistent or good at times.

Louisville has a rush good offense with Hawkins and offensive coach in Satterfield.
- They ran for 227 (5 ypc) on UVA. Miami ran for 83 (3.3 ypc). UVA is a good defense.
- They ran for 124 against FSU. Miami ran for 40.
- Hawkins put up 126 against Clemson at 5 ypc.

Where Louisville struggles is against the pass. That awful FSU offense lit them up with 2 different QB for 380 yards. BC threw for 304. We need to come out throwing, get Jarren in a rhythm and score some points early....then take their souls on defense. Once they get behind that run game loses its effectiveness.

You again. Why you always got to bring YOUR NEGATIVE VIBES and what not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was meant as a compliment. Personally I think he is still gonna eat but will command more help which will open up more 1 on 1 matchups for the rest of our line. Trevon hill and garvin will benefit as will our DTs

Didn't GT beat us? Who's worse....FSU or GT? Seriously, we have to take EVERYONE seriously this year. We are not very consistent or good at times.

Louisville has a rush good offense with Hawkins and offensive coach in Satterfield.
- They ran for 227 (5 ypc) on UVA. Miami ran for 83 (3.3 ypc). UVA is a good defense.

Where Louisville struggles is against the pass. That awful FSU offense lit them up with 2 different QB for 380 yards. BC threw for 304. We need to come out throwing, get Jarren in a rhythm and score some points early....then take their souls on defense. Once they get behind that run game loses its effectiveness.
This is what I'm talking about. Not just what the team but with the "fans". When Miami players actually take their craft seriously, playing and beating all ACC teams seriously, the program can evolve. When the "fans" actually understand, these games aren't walkovers in the ACC, some can be but most aren't and we lose plenty of them. When this program takes beating ACC teams seriously, we may actually right the ship. Maybe, we have been waiting for what, 16years now?

Advertisement
Don't like this matchup at all. We will need to outscore them, and that's not a strength. Make their QB throw for 350 to beat us - sell out on the run. Hope our rushers get home.

The question for me is whether we "turned the corner" like Andrew and others say or not. You make a good point that bad coaches we had (e.g Golden) had the team play great once a while. We are the better team so if we lose this game then "we turned the corner" statement is just a wishful thinking.
I’ve heard “we turned the corner” so many times the last 20 years that it’s become a bigger joke to me than “we’re back.” Folden alone had about 4 corner turns.

Yeah. I think these guys are brainwashed by the “you gotta run the ball!” puppetheads on TV. Everyone who thrashes Louisville has done so with the throw game. Make them stop your throw game by overcommitting to it then gash them up with the run a little if they’re giving it to you.

Advertisement

I'm not saying we are not taking loserville seriously. But I know we have improved almost in every way. Unless there were smokes and mirrors on the last wins, we should be able to beat them. We have to play disciplined football

MR. DOUBTING TOMMY CANE. May be you should turn in your Hurricane membership card, and CHEER for another Power 5 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good day and good evening.
Oh Macky, I see they turned the Wifi back on in the Paul Rein Det Fac...Go back to the SOTU site

I’ve heard “we turned the corner” so many times the last 20 years that it’s become a bigger joke to me than “we’re back.” Folden alone had about 4 corner turns.

Which essentially put us right back where we started....

Advertisement
Let me fix...

Miami lost to a borderline HS team in GT...

dont underestimate how crushing that loss was, and will remain for the program.

Worse, much worse, than Michigan's L to App St.

Impressive. You just posted a candidate for dumbest thing I've ever seen on CIS.

Just watched a few of their games this season, and they have serious speed on offense. They run the type of offense that we wish we had. If we come out sleep walking like we have done for most games this season, they will spank us. Just check out the Louisville vs. Wake Forest game

We always have a way of playing down to teams. I’ll say this, I think it’s a dog fight, but if we get good OLine play like last week, we will beat them.

Litmus test. Manny almost has me believing that the first part of the season was weeding out the weakness. If that's the case, I can forgive the poor start. Its not like Miami was coming off a 10 win season. Now pretty much every unit is playing better. Win this game- even by 1 point- and I'll be a believer .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back