Louisville Will Be a Problem

Advertisement
So much for, "You're only as good as your last game."

Around here it's, "You're only as good as your worst game.

It’s imperative on long down and distance to get our athletic defensive ends who can play the three technique on the field to help out against the QB scramble on early Long down a distance. PATCHEN CANT BE ON THE EDGE THIS WEEKEND TOO SLOW IN OPEN SPACE AGAINST THIS QB

Advertisement
Just watched a few of their games this season, and they have serious speed on offense. They run the type of offense that we wish we had. If we come out sleep walking like we have done for most games this season, they will spank us. Just check out the Louisville vs. Wake Forest game

You make it sound like they are National contenders. We should beat them!!!

Advertisement
No, I'm making it sound like we have a track record of coming out unmotivated, playing down to competition, and losing to trash teams like GT
Exactly. We "should" have beat GT and look how that turned out. Can't wait for that energy to leave the program or we bring guys in to exterminate it.

Just watched a few of their games this season, and they have serious speed on offense. They run the type of offense that we wish we had. If we come out sleep walking like we have done for most games this season, they will spank us. Just check out the Louisville vs. Wake Forest game

Man. I been thinking about this a lot.

Louisville gets a lot of rushing yards with the cutback off the zone run.

We should be doing this.

That cutback is how Terrell Davis lead the Broncos to two straight Super Bowl titles.

We always try to take the outside zone run around the corner and bad things usually happen for the offense.

There are cut back lanes in the middle but we almost never hit them and DJ has the vision to do it.

I think the backs are coached to do this because Enos has a hard on for running outside.

We are leaving a lot of yards on the field and keeping the run game from hitting a new level.
DJ and Cam can get up field quick and beat the backside end to the hole.

The best way to get rush yards is north and south. These guys can execute that play regularly.

Man. I been thinking about this a lot.
Louisville gets a lot of rushing yards with the cutback off the zone run.
We should be doing this.

We are leaving a lot of yards on the field and keeping the run game from hitting a new level.
DJ and Cam can get up field quick and beat the backside end to the hole.

The best way to get rush yards is north and south. These guys can execute that play regularly.

here is Taint executing exactly what you are talking about.

DacIEhz.gif

here is Taint executing exactly what you are talking about.

DacIEhz.gif

The cut back is what makes zone running so deadly.

You get a wall of blockers moving in one direction and the defense flows with it.

Without perfect defensive execution, a gaping hole almost always opens, usually on the backside. The back jukes or jump cuts to the hole and he is hitting the second level with a full head of steam.

Without penetration from the dt, it is **** to stop it.

Imagine DJ hitting a cut back lane like that......

Advertisement

WAKE has squat for defense. I'm counting on our D to show up in a big way and not get embarrassed on the home turf.

They played Clemson tough for a while but they made too many mistakes. Also, Clemson's WR made some great plays that I don't see our WR's making

Advertisement

They played Clemson tough for a while but they made too many mistakes. Also, Clemson's WR made some great plays that I don't see our WR's making

Clemson had a 300 yard advantage, even with turning it over twice and having more penalties. It was only close for a half because Lawrence threw 2 more INTs, both in that half.

Louisville's OL is pretty terrible. Miami is going to pressure the **** out of Cunningham, the key will be just getting him on the ground. But if Miami plays defense anywhere near where they have the past couple weeks, Louisville shouldn't have much success offensively.

It always comes down to this. Which team shows up Saturday? The VT and GT Hurricanes or the FSU UVA Pitt Hurricanes.

Advertisement
Back