Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

The barners are being slowly torn apart by bickering BOTs. We are now getting to Tennessee-level weirdness. Billy Napier was offered and wanted no part of that dysfunctional family. To wait for your head coach to take a vacation to Mexico and then blast away at his coaching tenure publicly is just pure bad intent.

Advertisement
They’re gonna owe Harsin about 18mill in order to fire him & they’re still paying off the rest of the buyout from the Malzahn firing.

They have old school money, but they were only paying Harsin $5.6 mill a year, unless they’re ready to break open the bank LSU/USC/Miami style & make a big time hire, I think they’re not gonna try to overspend & find someone they can hire within the similar price range as Harsin.

I think most AU fans would like Clark due to his success within the state, plus they’re too late to get Kiffin & nor do I think he would make a lateral move to another SEC West school & they can’t justifiably hire Hugh Freeze if they’re about to fire Bryan Harsin over a morality clause lol.
I hear Dan Mullin is available...........and will be cheap for awile.

The barners are being slowly torn apart by bickering BOTs. We are now getting to Tennessee-level weirdness. Billy Napier was offered and wanted no part of that dysfunctional family. To wait for your head coach to take a vacation to Mexico and then blast away at his coaching tenure publicly is just pure bad intent.
I heard he wanted some insane salary and other demands. He then had to take less at UiF

How about the fact that the head coach .. goes on a vacation to Mexico .. ON NATIONAL SIGNING DAY?? Anything odd about that?? That should be cause right there.

Advertisement
How about the fact that the head coach .. goes on a vacation to Mexico .. ON NATIONAL SIGNING DAY?? Anything odd about that?? That should be cause right there.
Jim Harbaugh sees no problem with it.

The whole **** program at AU is mental. Always have been. Even when they're winning.
Fo sho ... "Little Brother syndrome" and all that comes with it.

But even with Saban's shadow, Auburn is still a **** good job for the right coach (i.e., not an Idaho weirdo who doesn't understand The South).

Again, if the RB doesn't go out of bounds with about a minute left, the Tigers beat Alabama last season and we're probably not even having this conversation.

Sen. Tuberville finished in the Top 10 twice at Auburn. Gene Chizik won a National Championship there and Gus Malzahn **** near did — both since Saban's been in Tuscaloosa.

Don't think anyone would confuse Tubs, Chizik or the Gus Bus with an actual elite-level CFB head coach.

A legit coach has got a real chance to win big there ... same as with UM, fsu, uf and the other good jobs in this part of the country.

I heard he wanted some insane salary and other demands. He then had to take less at UiF
Not what I heard. Napier pulled out of talks with the barn way back in 2020. A few days ago, outgoing president Jay Gogue decided to speak publicly to the BOT about how they’re essentially running an investigation of why so many players and assistants have chosen to leave. Most people would’ve kept internal things internal until a decision had been made, but that’s how they decided to attack this thing. That is the auburn way.

And why Brent Venables is the head coach at Oklahoma and not Auburn. Venables said publicly at his intro presser at OU that a lack of alignment was the reason he didn’t go to AU. "Alignment" is code for everyone pulling on the same end of the rope, plenty of money being spent on the right things, and everyone getting out of the way and letting the head coach decide how the program is going to be run. You can bet Mario Cristobal got his guaranteed "alignment" promise before he headed to South Beach.

Pat Dye was the last guy who had these barner boosters under full control. That was 30 years ago.

Fo sho ... "Little Brother syndrome" and all that comes with it.

But even with Saban's shadow, Auburn is still a **** good job for the right coach (i.e., not an Idaho weirdo who doesn't understand The South).

Again, if the RB doesn't go out of bounds with about a minute left, the Tigers beat Alabama last season and we're probably not even having this conversation.

Sen. Tuberville finished in the Top 10 twice at Auburn. Gene Chizik won a National Championship there and Gus Malzahn **** near did — both since Saban's been in Tuscaloosa.

Don't think anyone would confuse Tubs, Chizik or the Gus Bus with an actual elite-level CFB head coach.

A legit coach has got a real chance to win big there ... same as with UM, fsu, uf and the other good jobs in this part of the country.
If you look at their athletic department as a whole they're actually in really good shape results-wise. Football is obviously king though which makes the Harsin hire seems all the more weird and inept even prior to any "scandal".

Advertisement
And why Brent Venables is the head coach at Oklahoma and not Auburn. Venables said publicly at his intro presser at OU that a lack of alignment was the reason he didn’t go to AU. "Alignment" is code for everyone pulling on the same end of the rope, plenty of money being spent on the right things, and everyone getting out of the way and letting the head coach decide how the program is going to be run.
We'll see how aligned OU is if Venables loses a couple in a row to Texas, OU's playing in the Cheez-It Bowl and recruiting tanks.

EVERY SCHOOL that consistently wins in CFB has maniacal boosters who are going to insert themselves into the process when things go bad.

tbh, it's a big part of what makes the sport so crazy and so much fun to follow.

I mean, would we all be so fired up here if John Ruiz had hadn't entered the picture and ManDi was back for another season?

Not what I heard. Napier pulled out of talks with the barn way back in 2020. A few days ago, outgoing president Jay Gogue decided to speak publicly to the BOT about how they’re essentially running an investigation of why so many players and assistants have chosen to leave. Most people would’ve kept internal things internal until a decision had been made, but that’s how they decided to attack this thing. That is the auburn way.

And why Brent Venables is the head coach at Oklahoma and not Auburn. Venables said publicly at his intro presser at OU that a lack of alignment was the reason he didn’t go to AU. "Alignment" is code for everyone pulling on the same end of the rope, plenty of money being spent on the right things, and everyone getting out of the way and letting the head coach decide how the program is going to be run. You can bet Mario Cristobal got his guaranteed "alignment" promise before he headed to South Beach.

Pat Dye was the last guy who had these barner boosters under full control. That was 30 years ago.
Right, JABA

Advertisement
[say it sounding like Gregorian Monk chant]

Urbanus Franklin Meyer III

Splash hire ✅
Proven Coach✅
Proven Coach with something to prove✅
Outstanding recruiter✅
****es off Saban✅

War Eagle!!!!
Think Urbs might be washed when it comes to this era of College Football.

These young cats ain't about to put up with his Woody Hayes tough guy routine in 2022.

And Meyer lacks any sort of humility or self-awareness to recognize how tired his act has become and the need to reinvent himself.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Advertisement
We'll see how aligned OU is if Venables loses a couple in a row to Texas, OU's playing in the Cheez-It Bowl and recruiting tanks.

EVERY SCHOOL that consistently wins in CFB has maniacal boosters who are going to insert themselves into the process when things go bad.

tbh, it's a big part of what makes the sport so crazy and so much fun to follow.

I mean, would we all be so fired up here if John Ruiz had hadn't entered the picture and ManDi was back for another season?
And you have football programs that can't take a dump unless a booster is directing traffic. Check the record, a lot of these football programs are wandering through the wilderness because of constant politics and bickering from above. Frankly, the head coach needs to be scary enough to command obedience.

Bill Clark would be the best hire for Auburn.

He’s the most respected coach in the state of Alabama not named Saban.

I think he’d do really well recruiting there too, especially with AU’s resources.

If not Clark, would love to see the spectacle of Jamey Chadwell at Auburn lol

El:

This is Auburn we're talking about.

It's going to be their typical clown show.

Which means that while Bill Clark is very much a logical and possibly very good hire, the Auburn powers that be will go about the process of missing the forest as they stare at the **** trees.

So, this is how it will play out .....

First, they will make the run at Kiffin. Being totally clueless, of course, that in Kiffin's mind, living in Auburn, Alabama is just like living in Mississippi, (similar pile of sh*t, just a slightly different kind of stink). Kiffin is holding out for a job in a city where he can see the ocean. So he'll tell them no, if he doesn't decide to laugh at them on Twitter in what would be a wonderful SEC troll job.

Next, they will go after Hugh Frieze. He'll take the job, figuring: (a) the 19 year old interns he'll want to bang at Auburn are hotter than the ones at LIberty, and (b) he could have a shot to break his record for getting a school on probation in under 3 years.

That all sounds about right.

Advertisement
Back