Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

Bill Clark would be the best hire for Auburn.

He’s the most respected coach in the state of Alabama not named Saban.

I think he’d do really well recruiting there too, especially with AU’s resources.

If not Clark, would love to see the spectacle of Jamey Chadwell at Auburn lol
[say it sounding like Gregorian Monk chant]

Urbanus Franklin Meyer III

Splash hire ✅
Proven Coach✅
Proven Coach with something to prove✅
Outstanding recruiter✅
****es off Saban✅

War Eagle!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spoke with my Auburn buddy today finally. Unfortunately he was in Atlanta this last weekend because his brother passed away and I didn’t want to bother him out of respect.

I asked him about Harsin today only because he brought up our hires and likes them a lot for us. Says Mario is relentless…

Anyway he says a lot of their legit insiders say the Harsin thing is bull because there are some major boosters who don’t like him because of the kind of access he’s cut them off from. These guys don’t like being told no and they’ve made the connection between the girl and Harsin so the story is being fabricated
He was a bad fit from the start, the hire never made any sense at all.

Some place the blame on Allen Greene for hiring Harsin against the wishes of the old guard of their board, but apparently there’s a major rift within AU’s boosters where some of them actually greenlighted the hire & pushed for them to get him.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the old guard is absolutely trying to sabotage his tenure & leaking these stories in an effort to get him fired because they don’t like him & didn’t want him from the start. We saw how hard the old guard fought within our own BOT to keep things status quo, so I could only imagine how that old school Alabama money would react when some hotshot Mormon dude from Idaho comes into town & gets high-handed with them lol.

Even if they don’t fire him now in February I think they would still fire him in December at the end of this season, with him losing both coordinators & over 20 players to the Portal AU is set to have a really bad season this year & I don’t see how he survives...

He was a bad fit from the start, the hire never made any sense at all.

Some place the blame on Allen Greene for hiring Harsin against the wishes of the old guard of their board, but apparently there’s a major rift within AU’s boosters where some of them actually greenlighted the hire & pushed for them to get him.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the old guard is absolutely trying to sabotage his tenure & leaking these stories in an effort to get him fired because they don’t like him & didn’t want him from the start. We saw how hard the old guard fought within our own BOT to keep things status quo, so I could only imagine how that old school Alabama money would react when some hotshot Mormon dude from Idaho comes into town & gets high-handed with them lol.

Even if they don’t fire him now in February I think they would still fire him in December at the end of this season, with him losing both coordinators & over 20 players to the Portal AU is set to have a really bad season this year & I don’t see how he survives...

Lol **** El I would have thought you were in the office with us today dropping the name Allen Greene. He said the same thing about him

He legit said they can’t fire him because they’ll owe him hence if they fire with cause they’ll owe nothing…they had to pay a ton to get Gus out and just gave Bruce Pearl that massive contract.
If they do try (and he naturally contests it), I wonder how Brett McMurphy would describe that situation?

[say it sounding like Gregorian Monk chant]

Urbanus Franklin Meyer III
One thing about Urby, he ain’t going to a program that ain’t a readymade machine in waiting...

Auburn is legit 4-5 year build away & while he can recruit really well in his own right, having to be the second tier program to Bama while also having to fight off UGA, TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss & with Texas & Oklahoma on their way, I don’t see him viewing AU as being all that attractive of a job for someone of his profile.

Urby could wait it out & wait for a better job to open up in a season or two.

Advertisement
He legit said they can’t fire him because they’ll owe him hence if they fire with cause they’ll owe nothing…they had to pay a ton to get Gus out and just gave Bruce Pearl that massive contract.
If Auburn has nothing else they have money, they are going to have to fire Harsin this has gone to the point of no return. Hugh freeze would walk to Auburn from liberty but I doubt SEC gives them clearance to hire him.

If Auburn has nothing else they have money, they are going to have to fire Harsin this has gone to the point of no return. Hugh freeze would walk to Auburn from liberty but I doubt SEC gives them clearance to hire him.

I like the Bill Clark hire if they ultimately fire Harsin. He’s well respected in Alabama

I think he’d do really well recruiting there too, especially with AU’s resources.

Clark wouldnt impress anybody outside of the state of AL but I think he could do well there as long as they don't throw ridiculous expectations at him too early.

Chadwell would be fun. I was glad he didnt end up at VT. Give him the right QB he can compete with just about anybody

Last edited:
Advertisement
Boosters were so mad at the AD for going against them and hiring Harsin they essentially removed any involvement he had with the football program since last January. Harsin is in the crosshairs right now but Greene will be their next target. The DC taking a 400k pay cut for a lateral move should tell you all you need to know about how bad it is there right now

Advertisement
Clark wouldnt impress anybody outside of the state of AL but I think he could do well there as long as they don't throw ridiculous expectations at him too early.

Chadwell would be fun. I was glad he didnt end up at VT. Give him the right QB he can compete with just about anybody
Seems the perfect place for the scene of Al Golden's redemption story if you ask me.

Why is he still there? UAB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back