Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

Advertisement
That situation is going to be absolutely toxic and awkward.

You pull this stunt yet are too cheap to pay the guy the full buyout? Auburn boosters are clowns lol.
Yep.
For you (and @OriginalCanesCanesCanes ), I would just say...DELAY THE PRESS CONFERENCE.

If you have to wear a neck brace...DON'T MEET THE PRESS. Was there a legal obligation for him to talk to sportswriters (well, there may NOW be a legal obligation in Auburn, AL, but that's a different situation)?

I hear what you're saying. But Petrino has to LIE in that situation (and at that point in his life, he was a great liar). Say you are too injured to speak. Let the neck heal. Put lots of lotion on your face and neck. Give it a week. And then, when you can hold your head up without it bouncing around like a bobblehead, when your head-and-neck skin doesn't look like a radish, only then do you "meet the press".

And wear a hat that's not so tight on your swollen head.

That's my PR advice. Just Venmo me the 2 cents.
All facts... your fee is on the way :ROFLMAO:. I said that because I think that maybe some higher ups from the school made him show up for that press conference. They did that to make him look like a bigger clown than he already was, by that point.

Yep.

All facts... your fee is on the way :ROFLMAO:. I said that because I think that maybe some higher ups from the school made him show up for that press conference. They did that to make him look like a bigger clown than he already was, by that point.

3D chess!

Advertisement
Harsin's statement release with the University statement:

"This has been one of the hardest weeks of my career and it had nothing to do with my coaching ability. The personal attacks on me and my family went too far and were without justification. Their resolve through this experience has been incredible but also completely expected. We saw and felt the worst of the worst in some people. Fortunately, we also saw the best of the best in others and we will always be grateful for the support of so many through a very difficult time – our players, staff, the Auburn family, and many others.

"I know who I am as a husband, father and football coach and cooperated fully throughout this process. I believe that every challenge in life is an opportunity to grow and learn. This is no different. Every day we’re not moving forward together is a step in the wrong direction. In order for us to take the Auburn program where we all want it to go we must, at all levels, commit to each other and this great university that we all love. I’m confident we can get there under the leadership of Dr. Gogue, incoming President Roberts, Allen Greene, and our Board of Trustees.

"I’m proud to be your head coach and appreciate the opportunity to lead the incredible group of young men in our locker room. War Eagle!"

Advertisement
For you (and @OriginalCanesCanesCanes ), I would just say...DELAY THE PRESS CONFERENCE.

If you have to wear a neck brace...DON'T MEET THE PRESS. Was there a legal obligation for him to talk to sportswriters (well, there may NOW be a legal obligation in Auburn, AL, but that's a different situation)?

I hear what you're saying. But Petrino has to LIE in that situation (and at that point in his life, he was a great liar). Say you are too injured to speak. Let the neck heal. Put lots of lotion on your face and neck. Give it a week. And then, when you can hold your head up without it bouncing around like a bobblehead, when your head-and-neck skin doesn't look like a radish, only then do you "meet the press".

And wear a hat that's not so tight on your swollen head.

That's my PR advice. Just Venmo me the 2 cents.

I don’t remember the Petrino timeline, but isn’t it possible that the whole girlfriend on the motorcycle deal was unknown when he held that press conference with the neck brace?

Maybe the discovery was made later due to a police report being made public. I’m not saying that’s what happened, I’m just not sure what the timeline was.

AKA we wanted to fire his *** but couldn't find anything illegal and were too cheap to pay the buyout...

Pretty much what my AU buddy thought… boosters tried to get him fired by coming up with a story and it didn’t work. He would have had cause plus damages had they fired him.

B6EA3BFA-15F3-4E7F-BFA2-8832E1DB75FA.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back