Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

They’ve put themselves in a position where Harsin is basically already a Clay Helton-lame duck going into the coming season.

They’ll probably fire him after there 3rd loss or something.

Advertisement

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

They’ve put themselves in a position where Harsin is basically already a Clay Helton-lame duck going into the coming season.

They’ll probably fire him after there 3rd loss or something.
I think this will effectively eliminate Steele from any consideration. If they fired Harsin now then he was probably a viable hire due to the chaos, the time of year and certain pro-Steele factions there possibly making a power play.

If they roll into next season with Harsin and end up wanting to fire him again then they're going to be afforded much more time (and in a "calmer" atmosphere) to find his replacement and I doubt a 64 yr old Steele will be on top of that list even if he kills it here in year 1.

Advertisement
At this point, you jut feel bad for the players. Who wants to play, or listen too, a lame duck HC?

Hopefully, Jayson Jones hops right back in the portal and comes on down

I think this will effectively eliminate Steele from any consideration. If they fired Harsin now then he was probably a viable hire due to the chaos, the time of year and certain pro-Steele factions there possibly making a power play.

If they roll into next season with Harsin and end up wanting to fire him again then they're going to be afforded much more time (and in a "calmer" atmosphere) to find his replacement and I doubt a 64 yr old Steele will be on top of that list even if he kills it here in year 1.
A plugged in guy on the Auburn board was pretty clear that the "Steele for HC" ship had sailed due to Steele and another offensive coach in 2020 almost lobbying for Steel to get the HC job while Gus was still there. If Harsin is fired they pretty much had decided to go after Hugh Freeze and Freeze is amenable to talking "as soon as there is no longer a sitting coach". Hugh's wifes family lives 45 minutes from Auburn. The Auburn guy also stated that right now it appears to be clear that all of the "infidelity" nonsense with the assistant was false information "leaked" by certain BOT members (sound familiar) ... and that no basis for "a dismissal with cause" has been found in the internal investigation .. so it is highly probable that Harsin is still the coach for 2022.

Another "possible" interest in Steele has been floated as Alabama if they are forced to fire Golding for his DUI. Doubt that Bama wants to do that .. he was released on $500 dollar bond .. and will most likely get "community service".

So much for Arkansas St. story

This is how more people should start doing the media and these constant false reports!!

The same way I would do when coaches claim they turned down a job that was never offered to them. I’m not letting you save face if I am the head coach and you’re trying to use me/my school for a raise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
After over 1000's posts on a fake story and a young girls life ruined for who knows how long, we could all use common sense next time. No program has $50 million dollars to throw in the garbage in one year firing coaches. No one! Auburn would destroy Jesus with no Morals to fire him as their football coach. That program is surrounded by pure filth. I tip my hat to Sun Belt Billy.

That’s all a great part of the that story. It’s it’s what literally made it a knee slapper. As far as the neck brace - that guy went flying off a motorcycle, I think he had to wear it. I’m not sure he had a choice in the matter.

But just think, had he not had that accident, he would have stayed in Arkansas, and who knows what their trajectory would have been. He’s not the first coach to have an illicit affair with someone that worked in the same department and the general public never found out about it. In his case it was his bad luck that he was a shltty motorcycle driver.

Disirregardless of this affair he had with a young lady, he was a scumbag anyway. Everywhere he went he left a trail of people that absolutely hated him and thought he was a phony from the get-go. The way he left the Atlanta Falcons was an all-time sleaze move.
Liked this post solely for the use of "disirregardless". Well done.

series 11 shut up GIF by Doctor Who

Advertisement
So, it's an optics thing for buyouts for Auburn? Guess stuck with Harsin for years then. His buyout after this season is still $15 million and he collected 2022 salary of $5.1 million.

This! But I don't think he actually had a choice. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For you (and @OriginalCanesCanesCanes ), I would just say...DELAY THE PRESS CONFERENCE.

If you have to wear a neck brace...DON'T MEET THE PRESS. Was there a legal obligation for him to talk to sportswriters (well, there may NOW be a legal obligation in Auburn, AL, but that's a different situation)?

I hear what you're saying. But Petrino has to LIE in that situation (and at that point in his life, he was a great liar). Say you are too injured to speak. Let the neck heal. Put lots of lotion on your face and neck. Give it a week. And then, when you can hold your head up without it bouncing around like a bobblehead, when your head-and-neck skin doesn't look like a radish, only then do you "meet the press".

And wear a hat that's not so tight on your swollen head.

That's my PR advice. Just Venmo me the 2 cents.

Basically a kid from San Jose went to Auburn and told everyone he was one of the first employees of Google and sold out and was a billionaire. Auburn brass was so impressed that someone from Silicon Valley would relocate to Auburn they rolled out the red carpet for him. They put him on some of the boards, made him a consultant and honorary instructor and was paying him a huge salary to do absolutely nothing but say "Auburn is hip". He started an incubator where the Auburn brass invested. He ended up only being charged with taking $2 million from them but he took a lot more. He was telling these kids and Auburn brass that their ideas were being negotiated. People thought their ideas were being fought over for tens of millions of dollars. One was a vending machine at Six Flags that he said was going to go for $70 million. During all of this, all this kid did was party in Vegas and blew through millions. No one's idea was bought by anyone.

Auburn never did a background check. Never. Google. Turns out his only previous job was scooping ice cream in Palo Alto.

He left town and tried to do it again in College Station and finally got busted.

brief_2019-02-27T022448.914Z-1.jpg

r_2015-06-03.JPG

Should have used some of that money on a barber.

Advertisement
Back