Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

After the Addae hire, They reported that the Steele to Miami hadn’t been made official yet. So 🤷🏾‍♂️. I personally don’t think it’s a loss if he heads out, but what other big names can Auburn make a “splash” hire with at this stage in the game.

Advertisement
Some are claiming he is cleared
If I were Freeze, I would think long and hard about taking the Auburn job. He is getting paid very well at Liberty actually (over 4 mill per year). Once he serves his public penance, he will be a hot commodity. Auburn is a really tough gig in general under perfect conditions. Now add on the hole theyve dug themselves into and it becomes even less attractive. He may want to hang at Liberty for another year or 2. Could be a better long term play for him. But then again, people would sign up to walk through **** if the offer was good enough.

Those boosters at Auburn are mental if they fire Harsin only to hire Kevin Steele. I like the guy as our DC, but he shouldn't be anywhere near an HC job after the disaster of his tenure at Baylor.

At least our boosters give Mario the cash to hire who he wants and don't try to micro-manage the program.
The whole **** program at AU is mental. Always have been. Even when they're winning.

Advertisement
One thing about Urby, he ain’t going to a program that ain’t a readymade machine in waiting...

Auburn is legit 4-5 year build away & while he can recruit really well in his own right, having to be the second tier program to Bama while also having to fight off UGA, TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss & with Texas & Oklahoma on their way, I don’t see him viewing AU as being all that attractive of a job for someone of his profile.

Urby could wait it out & wait for a better job to open up in a season or two.
That would also give people time to forget about his finger placement.

Spoke with my Auburn buddy today finally. Unfortunately he was in Atlanta this last weekend because his brother passed away and I didn’t want to bother him out of respect.

I asked him about Harsin today only because he brought up our hires and likes them a lot for us. Says Mario is relentless…

Anyway he says a lot of their legit insiders say the Harsin thing is bull because there are some major boosters who don’t like him because of the kind of access he’s cut them off from. These guys don’t like being told no and they’ve made the connection between the girl who works for him and so the story is being fabricated
This sounds plausible. Boosters run amok.

Boosters were so mad at the AD for going against them and hiring Harsin they essentially removed any involvement he had with the football program since last January. Harsin is in the crosshairs right now but Greene will be their next target. The DC taking a 400k pay cut for a lateral move should tell you all you need to know about how bad it is there right now
tire fire GIF

Advertisement
Much better option than the limpdicks running UM's athletic department for the better part of two decades.
If that's the point of comparison their apologists will make then good luck with that standard. I just think it's kinda limpdicked to not just fire the AD and instead politic behind the scenes and pull strings without actually being held accountable for the moves.

Then again, I couldn't care less if Auburn or any SEC program burned to the ground tomorrow so eff em. Let the disfunction continue forever.

Advertisement
If that's the point of comparison their apologists will make then good luck with that standard. I just think it's kinda limpdicked to not just fire the AD and instead politic behind the scenes and pull strings without actually being held accountable for the moves.
At least the maniac at Auburn gives a **** about football. There's a chance (however small) he might get it right. With Blake James and the anti-sports crowd in charge, we've basically been Tulane.

Then again, I couldn't care less if Auburn or any SEC program burned to the ground tomorrow so eff em. Let the disfunction continue forever.
Oh, don't worry, it will :LOL:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back