Rumor Lots of Smoke at Auburn (about Harsin)..... (think they’d come after) Steele(?)

Advertisement
Bill Clark would be the best hire for Auburn.

He’s the most respected coach in the state of Alabama not named Saban.

I think he’d do really well recruiting there too, especially with AU’s resources.

If not Clark, would love to see the spectacle of Jamey Chadwell at Auburn lol

While i agree, his name won't spark excitement in that fan base. After going with a guy like Harsin and seeing how that's gone, they will want a big name, unless the booster money says otherwise.

Nah.

Auburn will want to snag a big fish.

Steele wouldn’t be the splash hire that many fans would anticipate.
Yeah. Steele would’ve been viewed as a “stop gap”, the last time that gig was open. This time, they probably going big game hunting.

While i agree, his name won't spark excitement in that fan base. After going with a guy like Harsin and seeing how that's gone, they will want a big name, unless the booster money says otherwise.
They’re gonna owe Harsin about 18mill in order to fire him & they’re still paying off the rest of the buyout from the Malzahn firing.

They have old school money, but they were only paying Harsin $5.6 mill a year, unless they’re ready to break open the bank LSU/USC/Miami style & make a big time hire, I think they’re not gonna try to overspend & find someone they can hire within the similar price range as Harsin.

I think most AU fans would like Clark due to his success within the state, plus they’re too late to get Kiffin & nor do I think he would make a lateral move to another SEC West school & they can’t justifiably hire Hugh Freeze if they’re about to fire Bryan Harsin over a morality clause lol.

Advertisement
If Auburn hadn't given away that Bama game in November, Harsin wouldn't be in a lick of trouble no matter how many secretaries or office assistants he'd banged.

These coaches gotta be smarter about when they step out on their wives.

Do your extracurricular business only after good seasons and highly ranked recruiting classes

I got stuck in a car today with some clown Vandy grad that thought it'd be hilarious to listen to Ol' Pawl's radio ****show.

A) If you're optimistic about the future of America go ahead and listen to the people that call into that show and that optimism will soon have you looking for residency requirements in Bermuda or Costa Rica.

B) Apparently Auburn has some retired Lt. Gen. in their administration that is completely undercutting their current AD. Sooooo while I don't think Steele is going to end up there one can't rule out the possibility of anything if one oldhead is somehow wielding covert power.

Those boosters at Auburn are mental if they fire Harsin only to hire Kevin Steele. I like the guy as our DC, but he shouldn't be anywhere near an HC job after the disaster of his tenure at Baylor.

At least our boosters give Mario the cash to hire who he wants and don't try to micro-manage the program.

I think he’d do really well recruiting there too, especially with AU’s resources.

He makes the most sense if they give him time. He may not get all the big time AL kids but that state produces good talent. I’m sure he’d clean up throughout west central AL/GA.

Advertisement
Malzahn's buyout was over $21 million. Hardin's is over $18 million. Come on with the FSU nonsense. Auburn is not firing the man without cause to get out of his buyout. That is $40 million on their HC's alone. Zero chance the man is fired without cause. What are the odds on the story of the girl working for him being true?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Spoke with my Auburn buddy today finally. Unfortunately he was in Atlanta this last weekend because his brother passed away and I didn’t want to bother him out of respect.

I asked him about Harsin today only because he brought up our hires and likes them a lot for us. Says Mario is relentless…

Anyway he says a lot of their legit insiders say the Harsin thing is bull because there are some major boosters who don’t like him because of the kind of access he’s cut them off from. These guys don’t like being told no and they’ve made the connection between the girl who works for him and so the story is being fabricated

Spoke with my Auburn buddy today finally. Unfortunately he was in Atlanta this last weekend because his brother passed away and I didn’t want to bother him out of respect.

I asked him about Harsin today only because he brought up our hires and likes them a lot for us. Says Mario is relentless…

Anyway he says a lot of their legit insiders say the Harsin thing is bull because there are some major boosters who don’t like him because of the kind of access he’s cut them off from. These guys don’t like being told no and they’ve made the connection between the girl who works for him and so the story is being fabricated
What a ****-show...

Advertisement
Back