Losers play for the field goal

Advertisement
The Bengals and Jags were tied so worst case scenario is OT not a loss. Being down 2 on the 13 yard line with 1:37 left says you go and try to get a touchdown first not run the clock out for a field goal that anything can happen resulting in a loss.

Knighton has good burst but his vision was terrible tonight. Probably no game reps but it wasn't pretty.
Knighton was not playing well. He missed two or three easy reads where he didn't run the play and failed to get easy first downs. Then he fumbled in the fourth quarter. Harris was the far better back tonight.

Maybe rooster, or whatever his nickname is turns out to be a great player. But he was a liability out there tonight.

Advertisement
Far from a slurper….think CMD is terrible and pray we hire Mario, but that doesn’t mean I have to think everything he does is wrong.
There is zero chance Cristobal will be our next coach. If somehow he screws up at Oregon, then we wouldn't think so highly of him anyway. But no chance he leaves sellout crowds, a stacked team and Nike money to take over this train wreck. And after 2014 the Board wouldn't take him even for free. Nor would I.

Sadly I agree. So much talent will be looking at the transfer portal, just not right. Why prolong the inevitable?
I don’t even know man. Seems like no matter what happens things won’t get better

Here's the thing. If the team scores a TD with time on the clock and then the D allows UVA to drive the length of the field, the players understand it was on them and blame themselves for failing to hold the lead. But when the HC takes it out of their hands and wants to run 3 plays to take time off the clock and leave it up to his 18 year old freshman kicker, all the players, deep down, feel the coach doesn't believe in them. They are going to feel they left everything they had on the field and the HC stole their chance for glory. They aren't going to be saying "it's OK, the coach was just playing the percentages". I can guarantee that.

Advertisement
You rather throw into the end zone with a freshman QB? You risk a turnover and you leave them time. Result sucked, but I don’t have an issue with the FG
their slot db played at least 8-10 yards off of Harley on 1st, 2nd, & 3rd down…as a COACH AT ANY LEVEL, you TAKE THAT(because they’re GIVING IT TO YOU—especially inside their 15 yard line with 3 timeouts)….

The only way that was the right call is if you get the ball with 5 seconds left. They had 2:30 to score. They kept UVA in the game. Manny is still in the middle of his internship.

Advertisement
PA w/ naked bootleg and one TE coming back across the flow and this game is in the Win column.

As has been said many times in this thread, cowardly and moronic way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Had been saying this the last three plays once we got to the red zone. Motion the receivers to the right of the OL side, have the play everyone going right, TVD fakes hand off and keeps it on a QB bootleg towards weak side (left) and he scores without being touched.

that’s A PRO kicker….not a 18 year old
Thank you! All these folks talking about playing the percentages as if there is no difference between an NFL kicker and an 18 year old freshman kicker who has to win the game for the first time in his collegiate career( App St was not even close to this scenario). Manny the nerd has no feel for the game, the locker room, his players.

I called it when Manny and co. were all smiles and clappy on the sidelines during the timeouts. You still needed points...
Kiss of death. Told my wife after seeing that that I don’t know why you’d be so confident in a true freshman kicker. I never trust kickers.

Perhaps I’m angry but I’ve never seen a sideline so jovial before a kick like that.

Advertisement
There is zero chance Cristobal will be our next coach. If somehow he screws up at Oregon, then we wouldn't think so highly of him anyway. But no chance he leaves sellout crowds, a stacked team and Nike money to take over this train wreck. And after 2014 the Board wouldn't take him even for free. Nor would I.
Forget about Cristobal then. Just bring in a real head coach. A coach who will do away with the jewelry, the instagram pics by players when we're losing, the body surfing, dancing...our ******* sideline looked like Lollapalooza tonight.

I knew it was gonna happen the minute I saw them playing safe. Time to wrap this **** up. It’s over!
I thought the same thing. So depressing. The team plays like its coach: scared. No juice. Certainly no swagger.

This is the first game televised in San Diego this season. Wow, now I know want everyone was complaining about. How is it possible that the RB cannot gain 5 yards running outside the tackles. Are they slow, is the blocking horrible, or are the coaches obsessed with running between the tackles? In the first half, Van Dyke missed passes but the receivers did not have great separation from defenders. In contrast, UVA's receivers seemed uncovered. A younger me could have connected with them. On defense, tackling was inconsistent. And how does the DB (I forget who it was) fail to intercept that weird TD pass scored by UVA? He had both hands on the ball.

UVA is not a good team. Losing to them at home spells a losing season for UM as far as I am concerned.

Winners play for the touchdown
My wife and I were so fired up about this. We actually had a drive going and just ripped off a long run with them reeling. Our defense is ***. 1st down, multiple time outs. Go for the TD. Didn't even take a shot. Beta coaxing for the FG.

He should've made that FG but still, we never even took a shot.

Advertisement
Back