Losers play for the field goal

Advertisement
He put the game on the line with the percentages. It was the right call.

You and a number of people are calling this the right call. I think it only makes sense to settle if the game is tied…, otherwise you don’t settle unless you absolutely have to… The offense was in a kind of rhythm that I haven’t seen since the second half of the OK state game, and we purposely killed the drive with a minute and half and VA having no time outs? Run your offense. I get the importance of percentages, but there has to be something to be said about having a feel for the game. I’m not absolving Borrealas for missing a chip shot, just don’t think the call to settle for a fg down two with a minute and half was approipate given the circumstances.

It’s funny how much we’re making of this choice, when the the game was lost for a number of reasons. I guess it’s just the easiest one to pick on.

I can’t believe he missed. This makes this ****** year depressing.
I knew he was going to miss the second Diaz began to take the air out of the ball and try to escape with a gutless win. Actually I didn't really know but I could feel it. I just knew in my gut that the gutless play calling would backfire on us. I kept telling my buddy who I was watching the game with that he was going to miss it. It serves that spineless gutless clown right.

I thought the same thing. So depressing. The team plays like its coach: scared. No juice. Certainly no swagger.

This is the first game televised in San Diego this season. Wow, now I know want everyone was complaining about. How is it possible that the RB cannot gain 5 yards running outside the tackles. Are they slow, is the blocking horrible, or are the coaches obsessed with running between the tackles? In the first half, Van Dyke missed passes but the receivers did not have great separation from defenders. In contrast, UVA's receivers seemed uncovered. A younger me could have connected with them. On defense, tackling was inconsistent. And how does the DB (I forget who it was) fail to intercept that weird TD pass scored by UVA? He had both hands on the ball.

UVA is not a good team. Losing to them at home spells a losing season for UM as far as I am concerned.

This is what’s it’s been all year & over the last 3 years. Indescribable things. No urgency, no discipline, no pulse , no attention to detail & no dominance.

Show up flat with inconsistencies in all phases of the game & only win if the other team is extremely less talented or if a few balls bounce our way.

We never seem to out coach or dominate anyone. Mediocre teams look great against us.

This is all on Mandy “Moore” Diaz. No doubt about it. You play scared, more times than not you’re gonna get beat. Seen it many times by loser corches.

By the way, I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned the extremely high snap on the FG attempt. Hedley made a **** of a play just to catch it and put it down.

The whole time that Danny was killing the clock I was thinking, well what if there’s a bad snap, and of course, it happens. Good coaches DO NOT play scared.

Advertisement
This game hurts more than it should. The fluke TD catch by UVA, the bounce off the upright. We have 3 losses and before the season the common refrain here was the worst we would do is 2 losses for the season. I don't think Manny gets fired soon, either. And, yes, playing for the FG was retarded.
This one didn't even sting for me. I was laughing when it hit the upright. This season is a wash anyway, and there is no way Manny can survive this.

Really I was proud of myself for not betting Miami. Lost enough for this season.

ezgif-2-c314a1d44f8b.gif

I knew he was going to miss the second Diaz began to take the air out of the ball and try to escape with a gutless win. Actually I didn't really know but I could feel it. I just knew in my gut that the gutless play calling would backfire on us. I kept telling my buddy who I was watching the game with that he was going to miss it. It serves that spineless gutless clown right.
I said to myself, “that’s so Miami”. Even the almost pick which turned into a TD, said the same ****.

Advertisement
Same feeling I had I texted my brother why are we not taking any shot at the end zone here a kick is not guaranteed and sure enough he missed.

Diaz snatched momentum away from his own offense that was moving the ball with ease, you can use analytics in certain situations but he has no feel for the game.

Man I’m not here to defend Manny in the least bit. But I’m not understanding this one, 30 is the one on scholarship to kick the ball. Doesn’t matter that he’s a freshman. When your # is called you go out and preform. That last drive was set up perfect for him to sneak us outta hear with a win and he folded.
It would have been set up fine if we were 10 yards closer imo. Andy nearly hooked the winning kick against App State too but Diaz probably hadn't noticed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Running the ball to the middle of the field on third down to make an easier FG attempt and then watching Manny call a TO with :03 on the clock, I thought I was looking at a young Bill Walsh or Pete Carroll. Then I realized that Manny was just cosplaying.

The fact y’all pointing to him electing a GW field goal with 3 secs left..that’s not the wrong call..make the ******* kick!! And probably should’ve been a 5 yard P at the end..just wow
It was 1st and 10 on the 14 yard line with 2:13 seconds remaining. The plays were designed to run the clock down and not to attempt a touchdown and put the pressure on a true freshman to save the game. All of this is the wrong call.

Advertisement
Back