Losers play for the field goal

You’d have a point of UVA had 3TO to burn and we chewed clock and Centered the ball on 3rd down..but that’s not what happened..you try to walk it off with 0s on the clock in that situation..all this “play the young guys” well the youngsters made a few mistakes. Tyler was playing the whole first half through mind fog. Clarke drops a pick in the end zone. Kam let’s one through his hands in the first Quarter. TF kicker missed a chip shot..a coach can put u position but u have to make the play..and guys were put into position to make plays..these kids confidence is shook and idk where they get a boost from. Maybe trips away from toxic *** Hardrock rn can help with that..but idk
You can still run clock while trying to score, teams run the clock down all the time by keeping possession. ****, have them fall at the one if you want to have 0's on the clock, then center it.

Advertisement
There was no harm at all taking a shot or two at the end zone. Put it where only your guy can catch it and let him make the play. UVA might get the ball back with 40 seconds and no timeouts, but who cares, at that point, it's on your defense to hold the line.
TVD was erratic all night. If he throws a pick in that situation, everyone who is complaining about kicking a FG, would be complaining about not kicking a FG.

TVD was erratic all night. If he throws a pick in that situation, everyone who is complaining about kicking a FG, would be complaining about not kicking a FG.
I know, but it sure beats the **** out of killing the clock for no good reason.

You’d have a point of UVA had 3TO to burn and we chewed clock and Centered the ball on 3rd down..but that’s not what happened..you try to walk it off with 0s on the clock in that situation..all this “play the young guys” well the youngsters made a few mistakes. Tyler was playing the whole first half through mind fog. Clarke drops a pick in the end zone. Kam let’s one through his hands in the first Quarter. TF kicker missed a chip shot..a coach can put u position but u have to make the play..and guys were put into position to make plays..these kids confidence is shook and idk where they get a boost from. Maybe trips away from toxic *** Hardrock rn can help with that..but idk
And then you want to blame TVD for scoring 7 points in the first half? Like slow starts are something new to the Diaz coaching history?

You can still run clock while trying to score, teams run the clock down all the time by keeping possession. ****, have them fall at the one if you want to have 0's on the clock, then center it.
So your saying since UVA stopped the plays..we weren’t tryna score? Because if we content on Just kicking..u run on 1st…center the ball on 2nd dwn..then kick on 3rd down..it seems to me, since the 1st 2 runs were stuffed ppl are jumping to the we sat on the ball narrative

Advertisement
I'm aware of the risks, but a straight up throw to the corner of the end zone minimizes all of those risks. Except maybe a receiver falling down on the route, but I guess I shouldn't give them ideas.
If it was 31-28 and the FG was to tie and manny chose to operate like he did on the 3rd down and play for a Tie, I’d be with the sentiment in this thread..but a GW field goal in your back pocket I don’t agree with putting the ball in the air

100 things can go wrong trying to get into the end zone. But the probability of things going wrong on a 33 yard fg kick is less than what could go wrong trying to be too agressive in that situation.
Problem is he left himself one chance for it to go right and did nothing in 3 plays to better his chances. It was the wrong thing to do given the reality of his situation and he got what he deserved.

And then you want to blame TVD for scoring 7 points in the first half? Like slow starts are something new to the Diaz coaching history?
I’m not blaming TVD..it was his first start..wtf does that have to do with what we were discussing..the field goal debate is a accumulation of negative sentiment with performance..it’s where we are rn. And I get

If this was a NFL game, most NFL coaches would have done the same. End the game with a walk off FG. I am not by any means a Manny supporter, but I have no problem with playing for the field goal in that situation. Lets be honest, had we took a shot and thrown to the end zone and the ball got picked off, every one of us would be on here shouting that all we need was three points.

This isn’t the NFL.

Jesus Christ at this dumb talking point being taken seriously.

Advertisement
An extra point is a 19 yarder. The FG was a 33 yarder. So almost double the length.
Yeah, the yardage isn’t really the point. Yes, it was 33 yards, but they placed it dead center. I’m sure it’s a kick he practiced many times. The real point is why kill 2 minutes of clock when sitting on the 10 yard line? Why not push for the TD and take the missed kick option off the table?

If it was 31-28 and the FG was to tie and manny chose to operate like he did on the 3rd down and play for a Tie, I’d be with the sentiment in this thread..but a GW field goal in your back pocket I don’t agree with putting the ball in the air
I'm frustrated by the loss and I was aggravated watching the last drive go nowhere fearing for the worst that got realized.

These kids fought it wasn’t anywhere perfect they fought.
Hitting was impressive, people we saw this Canes team fight a losing battle and DIDN’T STOP.

FG was all they could fight for it was all that was left and they fought for it.

This freshman kicker one day is going to kick 60 yarders for us .

I remember Carlos Huerta kick a FG to beat MICHIGAN we fought hard to get it .

These team can fight , we just may have gotten MORE from this game than 69-0 CCSU win .

We didn’t fight we laughed and jumped around.

VA was in a fight VA wast scared to death we’d win it to the point the collapsed when we missed.

Some in the ACC is going to KISS THE DONKEY when we play snd fight back with a vengeance.

I believe WE won the fight but not the battle obviously.

I’d fight with this team any time the way they did.

GOCANES

Seems trivial, but I didn't like taking a 3 yard loss on 3rd down to center up the fga. Running left gets similar results, likely without the lost yardage. 3 yards closer and maybe it doesn't doink the upright.

*btw - I have no problem with the clock usage. Bronco actually did us a solid waiting 25-30 seconds before burning his 2nd TO. High snap, inaccurate kick, lack of execution OFTEN in every phase..poorly coached team, no question.

Advertisement
If this was a NFL game, most NFL coaches would have done the same. End the game with a walk off FG. I am not by any means a Manny supporter, but I have no problem with playing for the field goal in that situation. Lets be honest, had we took a shot and thrown to the end zone and the ball got picked off, every one of us would be on here shouting that all we need was three points.
Difference is we dont have an NFL kicker like NFL teams do...We have a 18 year old true freshman. Not comparable at all

Had them gassed on that final drive, they were faking injuries, go for the f***** jugular!

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

BTW - here is Cam's complete statement about that field goal:

“We’ve got to put him in a better situation,” running back Cam’Ron Harris said Thursday. “Offense has got to score, so we shouldn’t have put him in that situation.”

Advertisement
I'm frustrated by the loss and I was aggravated watching the last drive go nowhere fearing for the worst that got realized.
This team has no confidence..they are waiting for someone to make a play. Playing on pins n needless..and the plays were there to be made..mostly talking INTs. Melo had a key drop. James not getting that RB on the ground before the Half. Flagg whiffs on a sack..all culminated to Missed GW FG

BTW - here is Cam's complete statement about that field goal:

“We’ve got to put him in a better situation,” running back Cam’Ron Harris said Thursday. “Offense has got to score, so we shouldn’t have put him in that situation.”
That we can all agree with. Oline got whipped on those 2 plays

Advertisement
Back