Losers play for the field goal

I’m yelling at the tv bro, saying play action their expecting the run…🤦🏻‍♂️
I was watching it at the bar remember telling my buddy that we needed to put it in the endzone. I've gotta go back and watch the last drive but he O seemed to be clicking really well and it felt like we would have scored.

Andy should have made the kick, but I absolutely hate playing for the FG given the circumstances. If we still had Jose it would be an easier pill to swallow, I'm just not a fan of playing conservative. I'll never forget Golden having FSU on the ropes in the first half before going into a shell and blowing it.

Advertisement
He also had to kick the ball on a bad snap. Not totally his fault.
Too much babying of the players going on. He missed a kick , we move on. Remember , these “kids “ are no longer amateurs. They can and do get paid now. That opens the door even more for criticism. You can’t have it both both ways

If this was a NFL game, most NFL coaches would have done the same. End the game with a walk off FG. I am not by any means a Manny supporter, but I have no problem with playing for the field goal in that situation. Lets be honest, had we took a shot and thrown to the end zone and the ball got picked off, every one of us would be on here shouting that all we need was three points.

It would have been set up fine if we were 10 yards closer imo. Andy nearly hooked the winning kick against App State too but Diaz probably hadn't noticed.
33 yards out should be something that most kickers would drill no matter the situation. But then again something about Andy has me thinking we could be in trouble because I don’t think he’s really in the same room with his brother. Even though quit a few people said he would be.

If this was a NFL game, most NFL coaches would have done the same. End the game with a walk off FG. I am not by any means a Manny supporter, but I have no problem with playing for the field goal in that situation. Lets be honest, had we took a shot and thrown to the end zone and the ball got picked off, every one of us would be on here shouting that all we need was three points.
This a million times.

Advertisement
Too much babying of the players going on. He missed a kick , we move on. Remember , these “kids “ are no longer amateurs. They can and do get paid now. That opens the door even more for criticism. You can’t have it both both ways
If he misses two like that in the NFL, he would be unemployed on Monday. This is grown man business now, no more participation trophies.

It was 1st and 10 on the 14 yard line with 2:13 seconds remaining. The plays were designed to run the clock down and not to attempt a touchdown and put the pressure on a true freshman to save the game. All of this is the wrong call.
No they weren’t..yes they were run plays..we were gashing them with the run. On 1st down run play. 2nd down run play. 3rf down center the ball..do u think it’s smart to put the ball In the air on 3rd down?..again it was a 30 yard kick..this is the pile on effect that’s going based on this team not handling its business. Should manny be on the hottest of seat..you bet. But to point at THIS as a reason is about the most Miami Hurricanes thing to do as a fan base..these boys are going through it rn. Last night was a Chance to get a W and get to the bye week..idk where the confidence of this group goes from here..but these next 4 games are gonna dogfights..and it comes to a point where the players have to make plays..we had 3 or 4 legitimate missed opportunities at INTs (28,24, 21, 23)and for got who it was in the first drive. Guys not finishing sacks..these kids have to look within. Coaches can’t make the play. Coaches can’t make the kick…and if they don’t capitalize on plays manny and this staff will be gone…

P.s can we put the back up QB nonsense to bed..King win that game without a question..that 1st half is what happens when you have a First year Startier behind a suspect Line

Winners play for the touchdown
I SECOND YOUR SOUND RATIONAL TRUTHFUL NOTION! Only a SCARED HC would play it " safe and conservative " when they have EXCELLENT field position, and enough time on the clock to go for the game ending TKO punch. The diminutive Manuel can't leave Coral Gables soon enough!!

And IF the Miami fans SERIOUSLY want to send a message to the University Over Lords. Then DON'T show up to the games!! And let their be circa 15,000- 18,000 in a nearly empty stadium!!! Simply put. IT'S CALLED BOYCOTTING!!

Advertisement
This a million times.
I must have missed where we had a seasoned NFL kicker and a ST squad full of guys who's only job week in and week out is to execute ST plays. This isn't the nfl. Our kicker is 18 and has missed two similar kicks. We don't have a true special teams coordinator and overall every aspect of our st is complete dog**** save our talented punter. If you watch the replay the snap is high and the edge defender gets good pressure and borregales drops his eyes cause he's worried about the guy blocking the kick. Andy didn't miss the kick the entire squad ****ed it up and that's why Manny should not have put his entire career and our season on the line with that play when he had a minute and a half and 3 plays to essentially guarantee the W.

I must have missed where we had a seasoned NFL kicker and a ST squad full of guys who's only job week in and week out is to execute ST plays. This isn't the nfl. Our kicker is 18 and has missed two similar kicks. We don't have a true special teams coordinator and overall every aspect of our st is complete dog**** save our talented punter. If you watch the replay the snap is high and the edge defender gets good pressure and borregales drops his eyes cause he's worried about the guy blocking the kick. Andy didn't miss the kick the entire squad ****ed it up and that's why Manny should not have put his entire career and our season on the line with that play when he had a minute and a half and 3 plays to essentially guarantee the W.
Us scoring wouldn't guarantee anything. If there is any defense that could give up a TD in under a minute, it's ours. That's why u kick the walk off FG to end the game.

No they weren’t..yes they were run plays..we were gashing them with the run. On 1st down run play. 2nd down run play. 3rf down center the ball..do u think it’s smart to put the ball In the air on 3rd down?..again it was a 30 yard kick..this is the pile on effect that’s going based on this team not handling its business. Should manny be on the hottest of seat..you bet. But to point at THIS as a reason is about the most Miami Hurricanes thing to do as a fan base..these boys are going through it rn. Last night was a Chance to get a W and get to the bye week..idk where the confidence of this group goes from here..but these next 4 games are gonna dogfights..and it comes to a point where the players have to make plays..we had 3 or 4 legitimate missed opportunities at INTs (28,24, 21, 23)and for got who it was in the first drive. Guys not finishing sacks..these kids have to look within. Coaches can’t make the play. Coaches can’t make the kick…and if they don’t capitalize on plays manny and this staff will be gone…

P.s can we put the back up QB nonsense to bed..King win that game without a question..that 1st half is what happens when you have a First year Startier behind a suspect Line
Situational awareness. Manny lacks it. He is coaching scared and deserves to be fired for last night. Anybody with an ounce of football coaching knowledge would be able to see this.

Advertisement
That was practically an extra point, so I can place a bit of blame on the freshman kicker, but we should of never been in that position in the first place. Ten yards and 2 minutes to at least try and score a TD. We are soft as baby ****.

An extra point is a 19 yarder. The FG was a 33 yarder. So almost double the length.

Have you ever ac
Us scoring wouldn't guarantee anything. If there is any defense that could give up a TD in under a minute, it's ours. That's why u kick the walk off FG to end the game.
Have you ever coached one actual minute of football at any level?

Also if we score and then blow it guess who gets fired anyways. So as a politician Manny was picking the option that would assign him the least blame should it go wrong not making the best decision to win us the game. Playing not to lose aka scared. So he is toast and deserves it.

The second they took their last timeout I thought we need to punch this in. I knew manny was going to play for the kick, which is a good play most of the time in the nfl or if you have a great kicker.

I wouldn’t have thrown the ball, but nor would I have just ran into the back of the center two times then take a knee and try the kick. You can do both run the ball with the purpose of getting a td and kick if it doesn’t work. Manny was scared to death his defense would’ve given it up, when they played reasonably well against a good offense.

Advertisement
Situational awareness. Manny lacks it. He is coaching scared and deserves to be fired for last night. Anybody with an ounce of football coaching knowledge would be able to see this.
“Football knowledge”?? Please show me an example of a team down 2 in the Redzone being questioned for going for a GW 30 yard kick after getting nothing on 1st and 2nd down…it was the right decision. Kid didn’t execute the kick…ppl who think otherwise are just being disingenuous and piling on. I get why it’s happening tho..our performance has brought this on..I just can’t participate in because I have football knowledge lol

That's the NFL. Diaz ain't coaching in the NFL, or ever will. There's an ocean of difference between an NFL kicker and an 18 year old freshman college kicker.

“Football knowledge”?? Please show me an example of a team down 2 in the Redzone being questioned for going for a GW 30 yard kick after getting nothing on 1st and 2nd down…it was the right decision. Kid didn’t execute the kick…ppl who think otherwise are just being disingenuous and piling on. I get why it’s happening tho..our performance has brought this on..I just can’t participate in because I have football knowledge lol
They didn't get nothing, they opted to do nothing. The plays called were not intended to gain yardage, just kill time. It was obvious watching it. We lined up, plowed straight a head and ran behind it trying not to fumble and made sure to fall down at contact. Nothing inventive or creative like the entire drive up to that point. I don't think we should have thrown it at all, just called a few running plays with intent to score rather than not fumble.

Advertisement
Back