Losers play for the field goal

Advertisement
The offense was easily moving the ball. It’s Virginia they have no D and yet Manny didn’t have enough confidence in the team he is the leader of to go for a TD. No wonder he’s not respected.
Agree. You don't put frosh FG kicker in that position. No words can describe the coaching ineptitude.

The outcome was perfect. It took all of 2 seconds for the doink to sink in, and then realize that your dead inside anyway and this was precisely what we needed right now. That kick going in would have been fun tonight but ultimately it's for the better. The kids showed they want to win, they just need a different group of men to lead them.
Yea and it’ll be ultimately better for some of the players who decides to transfer out because their not winning.

Don’t forget the fake injuries that refs can’t figure out yet. All of what u said is true and whatever it takes to get manny out is good with me. But that’s a kick u need to be 10/10 on Extra point
I won't dissagree,..but,..if we continue, what we were (successfully) doing,..maybe we never need the kick!
And then,..yes,..it's a very doable kick

Advertisement
That was the right call, didn’t work out. You can blame Manny for the loss but he made the correct decision to not give UVA the ball back. Borregales deserves plenty of heat for missing what was essentially an XP
Sure Borregales does. But you also don’t put the game winning, “season saving” kick in a freshman kickers hands who already has missed from closer than that one was. You can also run out the clock while moving the ball. And scoring a TD with anything under 30 seconds gives UVA almost no chance with zero timeouts.

Advertisement
The fact y’all pointing to him electing a GW field goal with 3 secs left..that’s not the wrong call..make the ******* kick!! And probably should’ve been a 5 yard P at the end..just wow
In the NFL it is the right call. In college football with a freshman kicker who hooked one to the left a few weeks ago, it was a bad call. I said it at the 2 minute mark when we got the first down and Bronco started taking time outs. His team was gassed. We should have run the ball to Harris and tried to score. He had the hot hand.

The Bengals just played for a FG and won the game. Again, in this situation I'd prefer to have the last snap of the game.
The Bengals have a kicker that is considered one of the top 32 fg kickers alive and gets paid millions not an 18 yr old kid being coached by a glorified ga with no actual special teams tutelage.

Advertisement
BIG brother Borregales told texted lil brother Borregales to lose and save the program. He said I know you can make this kick in your sleep so aim for the posts and save your teams and the program. I beat him at FIU but that wasn't enough so you got to finish the job. LA FAMILIA!!!

Advertisement
The Bengals just played for a FG and won the game. Again, in this situation I'd prefer to have the last snap of the game.
You aren't seriously comparing an NFL team to this mess? In the NFL inside the 40 it's over 90 percent. In college with a freshman kicker and a special teams that has few competent guys that was a 50-50 proposition.

Terrible take comparing those two games.

We ran on first and second….didn’t get anything. They were stacking the box. Alternative was to throw, that’s what they wanted.
No we didn't. Those were give up plays where the back was clearly told to not fumble. we stopped attacking the three plays before the kick. It wasn't like UVA got some sort of second wind. That whole team was dying the 4th quarter. If we ran our plays we likely score and then have to defend up 34 or 36-30 and UVA has probably no TO's and a minute at best. I would take that in a heartbeat over what we did.

Yea and it’ll be ultimately better for some of the players who decides to transfer out because their not winning.
Sadly I agree. So much talent will be looking at the transfer portal, just not right. Why prolong the inevitable?

Advertisement
Back