Losers play for the field goal

I don't want to hear anyone *****ing at Borregales for that. Sure, you should make that. You want that moment. Still, why do you even put him in that high pressure moment when you've had success on the ground late. At least ******* try to get in the endzone or even closer.

That's on you Manny. Dumb *** move and it was shameful to watch. What a joke. What's that say to your offense who was moving the ball?

What ****ery.

Advertisement
Well, the kid has to hit a 33 yarder from the middle of the field, but he is a freshman. Shows they had no confidence in TVD. They could have run inside screens.

I said with Rooster. Cam does not show the same acceleration and his vision is less than ideal, he also consistently goes down on first contact. Rooster definitely could have given us a better chance. It was like they weren’t even trying to move the ball, just kill the clock for the FG
Knighton has good burst but his vision was terrible tonight. Probably no game reps but it wasn't pretty.

I said with Rooster. Cam does not show the same acceleration and his vision is less than ideal, he also consistently goes down on first contact. Rooster definitely could have given us a better chance. It was like they weren’t even trying to move the ball, just kill the clock for the FG

I have much more of an issue with being in a close game with that ****** UVA team. The terrible play calling in the first half. Our inability to run the ball early etc. Our secondary not being able to catch an interception, our DL not being able to get pressure, our LB’s not knowing WTF they are doing. The decision on FG is the least of of the issues frankly.

Advertisement
Or TVD keeps one of those and walks in the end zone.

Also, why purposely lose 2 yards to center it. Those 2 yards cost them. You can center it and not lose yards.
Agree with that, actually he fades left…should have gone to right hash at least.

Advertisement
What play would you have run?

Should have continued to run the offense. We were all calling for it in real time in the game chat thread. We have a true freshman kicker. He went to his high school prom 4 months ago. You dont INTENTIONALLY put the game in his hands. UVA's D was GASSED. They had guys going down every other play.

Should have continued to run the offense. We were all calling for it in real time in the game chat thread. We have a true freshman kicker. He went to his high school prom 4 months ago. You dont INTENTIONALLY put the game in his hands. UVA's D was GASSED. They had guys going down every other play.
He’s engaging in bad faith.

Lol at “what play would you have called”

Advertisement
I have much more of an issue with being in a close game with that ****** UVA team. The terrible play calling in the first half. Our inability to run the ball early etc. Our secondary not being able to catch an interception, our DL not being able to get pressure, our LB’s not knowing WTF they are doing. The decision on FG is the least of of the issues frankly.

Too be far, TVD kind of stinks. He looks 1 read and if it isn't there gets himself sacked.

The D is an abomination. They have no clue what they are doing. Any type of motion immediately gets them confused. Never seen a back 7 so disorganized. Diaz was giving there QB easy throw after easy throw being so soft in the back 7. Flagg and Steed are the 2 worst starting LBs in a power 5 conference. Our MLB is undersized but at the same time fat and slow, unreal. Steed is prob worse.

Oh 1000% but dispite what CiS says a W is still a W. If we would’ve played 2 halves like the second half, we would’ve been celebrating a 2 score win.

Pussboy at his finest. He is gone - not bc if the missed FG but bc he is a puss boy. Now amd in the future. Try to score amd not play puss boy football. Sickening

Advertisement
The Bengals just played for a FG and won the game. Again, in this situation I'd prefer to have the last snap of the game.
You’re comparing an NFL kicker to a true freshman college kicker who already missed a 27 yard FG this year?

A lot more compressed in the red zone…look, it’s fine to play the result, just don’t really have an issue with the FG. There was a lot of other **** to be ****ed about. Lashlee’s play calling in the first half for starters, our horrible LB play, terrible OL play (until they inexplicably went to 3 down linemen)….etc

Agree to disagree. I think Rooster gives us a better chance.

He had 2 runs were I thought it was impossible for him not to get yards, the outside zone on 2nd and 2 in the 1st half and his fumble in the 4th quarter. Those were both 5+ yard plays if he cuts it back inside.

He's a talented guy and it was his 1st game action this year so not going to kill him but those were awful runs. Of course he was wide open on the wheel and TVD made another awful throw.

I've never really believed in "icing" a kicker with timeouts. That's essentially what our strategy was there at the end of the game inadvertently.

I still can't believe the game finished like that. That may be the dumbest way to lose a game I remember in our history.

Advertisement
Back