Losers play for the field goal

I told my wife Manny was an idiot for playing for the field goal. No doubt in my mind Borregales was gonna miss. He is not his brother.
He's a Freshman. He shouldn't even be kicking for us right now let alone trying to "save the season" for us. Don't blame this game on him as if nothing else happened and we were playing lights out football all night.

We played like garbage, gave up easy scores, couldn't tackle, couldn't establish rhythm on offense until the 2nd half, couldn't stop the run, couldn't defend a pass, and couldn't make a play. We deserved to lose tonight and we lost. Simple as that.

Advertisement
You expect your kicker to make a 22 yard field goal. Best thing in that scenario is to take the final snap of the game. Blame the other 59 minutes for the loss but not this.
He should have made the kick, which was 33 yards btw. But, you leave a lot to go wrong on a FG, bad snap, bad hold, block, kicker could slip. They went backwards as well after that last 1st down. Had they just not lost yards, or even gained some, it goes in.

The way things are going, you take nothing for granted.

You rather throw into the end zone with a freshman QB? You risk a turnover and you leave them time. Result sucked, but I don’t have an issue with the FG
You had that defense reeling. Don’t tuck your tail between your legs and play for the field goal at the 15. Get inside the 10 or 5 at least.

Diaz knew he screwed it up right before the kick.

The fact y’all pointing to him electing a GW field goal with 3 secs left..that’s not the wrong call..make the ******* kick!! And probably should’ve been a 5 yard P at the end..just wow
It’s not about taking the kick with 3 seconds left. It’s about not actively trying to score a td with good field position and 2 minutes go. They elected to stop their own drive to rely on a field goal. That is what is gutless.

Advertisement
You play for the TD. If you end up having to try a FG, so be it, but the whole strategy there was bleed clock and rely on FG to win.
The Bengals just played for a FG and won the game. Again, in this situation I'd prefer to have the last snap of the game.

You had that defense reeling. Don’t tuck your tail between your legs and play for the field goal at the 15. Get inside the 10 or 5 at least.

Diaz knew he screwed it up right before the kick.

Disagree, but whatever. Results are the results

It’s not a gimmie in college football for a game winning kick. We backed ourselves up to the 15 yard line instead of getting inside the 10 to increase the margin of error.

A catastrophic failure of strategizing at the end that should be the beginning of the end for that clown.

FGs are never gimmies, especially high pressure ones. And especially ones where you own coach ices his kicker. It comes down to this- do you want to rely on your freshman kicker or your freshman QB who was carving up the D? Maybe it's Monday morning quarterbacking, but I ride with the field general.

Advertisement
So u can take a walk off 22 yd field goal…that’s a kick that is supposed to be routine operation bruh..the kid missed
I hear what you’re saying but 1:30 left from the 15 ALL 3 timeouts left. ******* march it to the 1 and punch it in for the ******* win. Not a field goal from a freshman kicker.

We can still get a first down which would also stop the clock.

Tell Rooster to use both hands to secure the ball and put it in his hands.

If you can’t punch it in then you give the kid a chance to kick a 22 yard field goal.

I hear what you’re saying but 1:30 left from the 15 ALL 3 timeouts left. ******* march it to the 1 and punch it in for the ******* win. Not a field goal from a freshman kicker.

We can still get a first down which would also stop the clock.

Tell Rooster to use both hands to secure the ball and put it in his hands.

If you can’t punch it in then you give the kid a chance to kick a 22 yard field goal.

This. Should have won this either via victory formation, scoring a td or kick a chip shot.

It’s not about taking the kick with 3 seconds left. It’s about not actively trying to score a td with good field position and 2 minutes go. They elected to stop their own drive to rely on a field goal. That is what is gutless.
Whatever bruh..that decision get made in football games 100% of the time..in that situation u have a 30 yard kick to walk off..the defense doesn’t have to try and nurse a 1 possession game. U can have a TO..4 had just fumbled..the kid missed and now it becomes the coach made the wrong decision

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whatever bruh..that decision get made in football games 100% of the time..in that situation u have a 30 yard kick to walk off..the defense doesn’t have to try and nurse a 1 possession game. U can have a TO..4 had just fumbled..the kid missed and now it becomes the coach made the wrong decision
This is literally not true. It does not happen 100% of the time.

You rather throw into the end zone with a freshman QB? You risk a turnover and you leave them time. Result sucked, but I don’t have an issue with the FG
No I’d rather have Rooster come back out tell him to secure it with both hands. He was chunking them for 3-5 yards at a time. A first down is an extra timeout and you can run the clock down to 10 seconds and try to punch it in. If that doesn’t work then the freshie gets to kick a 20-25 yarder instead.

Advertisement
Back