Lorenzo lingard

Advertisement
Ppl on this board thought I was crazy for predicting Travis Homer would leave after his junior year. It’s a guarantee that Deejay Dallas is going pro after this season. No way Lorenzo Lingard is settling for 3rd rb going into his junior year.

2020 depth

1a. Lorenzo Lingard JR or
Cam Harris JR
1c. Asa Martin Rs soph
4. Don Chaney fresh
5. Robert Burns rs Jr

No, people just think you’re crazy.

They need to smarten up and allow Deejay to be versatile, which is what he does best. If I'm Enos, nobody can convince me I've got 3-4 better offensive skill players than Dallas, Cam, and Lingard. So put them on the field together. Have Deejay play H-Back....have Deejay flex into the slot...have Deejay play Wildcat QB.....have Deejay line up at Fullback in the I occasionally and throw him the football in the flat with a middle backer on him. Let the kid utilize his skillset along with being a traditional RB, and that also allows you to get Cam and Lingard on the field more.

If this is my offense, Deejay and another RB would both be on the field together a good percentage of the time.

I hope/expect to see a decent amount of 22 formations/packages in the offense this season. JT, Jordan, Mallory, DJ, and Cam on the field together would be nasty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If it's an ACL that's different. I may have missed it - but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

What I've seen is it's an MCL, in which case I'd expect him to be 100% healthy, and bigger & stronger than last year.

I think people are forgetting Lingard was solidly above Harris on the depth chart before getting hurt. Lingard was getting carries, returning kicks, playing special teams - coaches were trying to find ways to get him on the field.

Harris seems very much a change of pace RB. He'll hit some home runs for sure, but I don't think he's physical enough to be an every down RB.

Lingard is the size/speed/physical combo that is a better fit to get more carries. And his pass catching is underrated.
And Gore was ahead of Mcgahee in 02 before injury (was going to start)...Hmmm

Advertisement
Never been overly impressed with Lingard the RB. Great athlete and ball player but not a natural RB.

Advertisement
Never been overly impressed with Lingard the RB. Great athlete and ball player but not a natural RB.
What is a “natural” rb? His measurables were pretty **** near identical coming out of highschool with Todd gurley who happened to play in a WING T OFFENSE like lingard.... Same stature lingard 6’0(with room to grow as his dad is pretty tall if i remember correctly) 200 pounds, gurley was 6’1 205-210 his senior season. Gurley ran a 10.70 as a senior and lingard ran a 10.71 as a junior.

I may question a lot of things richt did offensively but I’m certainly not questioning his running back recruiting that’s for **** sure.

Lingard is a baller point blank period and an explosive back. He needs to improve things like contact balance but that will come.

Some on here smh.
No one knows anything even coaches sometimes.
Gus in the league despite getting bashed.
I ran into his HS coach by accident and he literally told me that cmr and brown had no business putting yearby ahead of him. He said he’s never seen a guy that big be that athletic. I thought it was biased but it may turn out to be true.
I personally want to see choc go all he way to a second Contract and ball.
Just like nfl coaches and gm’s can pass on Brady
We can’t be sure of a **** thing or take a coaches perception on a current player as gospel.
Burns might be better than all of them at the end.
Passing judgement on the second rated rb of his class without seeing any significant d1 playing time is way premature.

What is a “natural” rb? His measurables were pretty **** near identical coming out of highschool with Todd gurley who happened to play in a WING T OFFENSE like lingard.... Same stature lingard 6’0(with room to grow as his dad is pretty tall if i remember correctly) 200 pounds, gurley was 6’1 205-210 his senior season. Gurley ran a 10.70 as a senior and lingard ran a 10.71 as a junior.

I may question a lot of things richt did offensively but I’m certainly not questioning his running back recruiting that’s for **** sure.

Lingard is a baller point blank period and an explosive back. He needs to improve things like contact balance but that will come.

8.0 yds per carry in 2017 in limited action, granted, but CIS going to CIS.

Guys with BMI’s over 30 are sudden expert prognosticators and running back whisperers.

Advertisement
Back