Lorenzo lingard

Advertisement
Dallas still looks like a better RB than Harris to me.

I think Dallas will be our starter at the beginning of the season, but as the season goes on it'll look like:

1) Lingard
2) Dallas
3) Harris

Advertisement
Dallas and Harris have a big advantage having executed this new offense all spring while LL rehabs. Before LL can challenge them he'll need to prove he's healthy, knows the playbook, can pass protect, won't fumble. He's got 4 months to even things up. I expect he'll have a role but can't agree with anyone predicting a big year for him.

Harris looks good and he's a more natural fit in the offense it seems. Lindgard has all-world talent but that wing -t offense he was in in high school makes him have a much harder learning curve to get it down. Once he gets back from the injury he'll work his way into more carries. I can see him making big plays around the middle of the season. Dallas is Dallas and he can do it all.

We'll have a great 3 man rotation this season as long as we get average to decent OL play.

Harris looks good and he's a more natural fit in the offense it seems. Lindgard has all-world talent but that wing -t offense he was in in high school makes him have a much harder learning curve to get it down. Once he gets back from the injury he'll work his way into more carries. I can see him making big plays around the middle of the season. Dallas is Dallas and he can do it all.

We'll have a great 3 man rotation this season as long as we get average to decent OL play.

If they redshirt all three RB's, OL play won't matter.

Advertisement
They need to smarten up and allow Deejay to be versatile, which is what he does best. If I'm Enos, nobody can convince me I've got 3-4 better offensive skill players than Dallas, Cam, and Lingard. So put them on the field together. Have Deejay play H-Back....have Deejay flex into the slot...have Deejay play Wildcat QB.....have Deejay line up at Fullback in the I occasionally and throw him the football in the flat with a middle backer on him. Let the kid utilize his skillset along with being a traditional RB, and that also allows you to get Cam and Lingard on the field more.

If this is my offense, Deejay and another RB would both be on the field together a good percentage of the time.

That offense he ran in HS is a great point. And ppl glossed over that fact last year. The ones who thought he would just step on campus to be the guy. He had a huge learning curve and tbh might’ve benefited from a RS year in retrospect..don’t @me

Advertisement
They need to smarten up and allow Deejay to be versatile, which is what he does best. If I'm Enos, nobody can convince me I've got 3-4 better offensive skill players than Dallas, Cam, and Lingard. So put them on the field together. Have Deejay play H-Back....have Deejay flex into the slot...have Deejay play Wildcat QB.....have Deejay line up at Fullback in the I occasionally and throw him the football in the flat with a middle backer on him. Let the kid utilize his skillset along with being a traditional RB, and that also allows you to get Cam and Lingard on the field more.

If this is my offense, Deejay and another RB would both be on the field together a good percentage of the time.
Soo basically play 1980s offense..well we’d have the element of surprise

Advertisement
And you’d feel the same way if Lingard did tear his ACL last fall?

If it's an ACL that's different. I may have missed it - but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

What I've seen is it's an MCL, in which case I'd expect him to be 100% healthy, and bigger & stronger than last year.

I think people are forgetting Lingard was solidly above Harris on the depth chart before getting hurt. Lingard was getting carries, returning kicks, playing special teams - coaches were trying to find ways to get him on the field.

Harris seems very much a change of pace RB. He'll hit some home runs for sure, but I don't think he's physical enough to be an every down RB.

Lingard is the size/speed/physical combo that is a better fit to get more carries. And his pass catching is underrated.

If it's an ACL that's different. I may have missed it - but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

What I've seen is it's an MCL, in which case I'd expect him to be 100% healthy, and bigger & stronger than last year.

I think people are forgetting Lingard was solidly above Harris on the depth chart before getting hurt. Lingard was getting carries, returning kicks, playing special teams - coaches were trying to find ways to get him on the field.

Harris seems very much a change of pace RB. He'll hit some home runs for sure, but I don't think he's physical enough to be an every down RB.

Lingard is the size/speed/physical combo that is a better fit to get more carries. And his pass catching is underrated.

Agree with all that. And the injury has been kept more secret than Area 51 information. I've just heard it's an ACL, so I'm going to assume it'll be the Deejay & Cam show and pray Lingard only had an MCL and will be 150% well before fall camp. If it's an ACL, we'll be lucky to see him by mid-season and even then it'll be spot duty.

Advertisement
Back