Lorenzo lingard

Advertisement
There’s a good chance there’s NOTHING wrong with LO and his being held out is just a precaution.Does the OP or anyone hollering RS know if he’s been practicing ?

If we get lucky maybe Tweed will drop by and give us an update so all these stupid threads will come to an end.

Heard he was dressed but no PT..Coming off the injury and after not receiving a RS last season, I think it would actually be a smart move to plan a redshirt season this upcoming season..play him only if we have too..I’m usually not for RS RBs. But for this situation I think it would actually be ideal..crazy or no
I think you bring his to him and before the sentence ends his name is in the portal......

No need to ever redshirt a highly ranked RB unless the kid gets hurt closer to season or during. If the guy is legit, they will leave early regardless of being a redshirt or not to preserve their bodies....and by not playing him at all, you're potentially hurting the team and running the risk of him transferring.

Heard he was dressed but no PT..Coming off the injury and after not receiving a RS last season, I think it would actually be a smart move to plan a redshirt season this upcoming season..play him only if we have too..I’m usually not for RS RBs. But for this situation I think it would actually be ideal..crazy or no
giphy-10.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s a good chance there’s NOTHING wrong with LO and his being held out is just a precaution.Does the OP or anyone hollering RS know if he’s been practicing ?

If we get lucky maybe Tweed will drop by and give us an update so all these stupid threads will come to an end.
He hasn’t been practicing with his position group. That’s a fact. And nobody is hollering redshirt him if he is healthy..take the time and read thoroughly

He hasn’t been practicing with his position group. That’s a fact. And nobody is hollering redshirt him if he is healthy..take the time and read thoroughly

As someone who has has 8 surgeries on his knees including 2 complete replacements his being kept out of practices and this scrimmage /practice could just be more precautionary to just allow for more strengthening and doesn’t mean there is anything wrong that would need to have him RS.

Strengthening of a knee injury is just as important to a guy like Lo than participating in spring practices as long as he is learning the playbook because him being able to go full go in the fall is waaaaay more important than his participating at 80% in the spring...jmo

As someone who has has 8 surgeries on his knees including 2 complete replacements his being kept out of practices and this scrimmage /practice could just be more precautionary to just allow for more strengthening and doesn’t mean there is anything wrong that would need to have him RS.

Strengthening of a knee injury is just as important to a guy like Lo than participating in spring practices as long as he is learning the playbook because him being able to go full go in the fall is waaaaay more important than his participating at 80% in the spring...jmo
I 100% agree..but that’s a answer In a vacuum. Of course if he’s 100% ready to go by fall camp you don’t redshirt him. But if he’s not if he’s still on a load management/knee rehabilitation stage into fall camp and the 1st part of the season, I don’t see where the carries are coming from this year if cam and deejay are healthy and balling.

Like I said earlier the idea of RS a RB is taboo for me too. But we’ve done it b4. Willis, Gore (because of devastating injuries) and Lamar Miller instantly come to mind. There’s been a couple who might’ve even benefited from a immediate RS. With Zo if we get to the end of November and he’s only seen spotted duty and still has the chance to attain a year of eligibility I’d consider it. Once again this all depends on his readiness for this yeare

2020 depth
Deejay-SR
Cam-JR
Zo- JR
Burns- Rs Jr
Don- Fresh
Asa- RS soph

Brevin was the same. Dressed but nothing else.
Although I did see Brevin doing work on the sidelines.

All the injured guys were IN uniform but no shoulder pads or helmet. It is a Diaz thing keeping their mind on the game and keeping them eager to play. None were getting on the filed. Not worth it.

Advertisement

Do some you guys read what you're typing out loud and actually think about it before hitting "post?"

I mean, let's break this down logically. One of our most explosive guys, slated to possibly be the #2 RB is at the point in his rehab where he can even dress out for the 2nd spring scrimmage, therefore the season opener more than 5 months away we should redshirt him? I mean seriously do you m-f-ers ever think before you speak?

Do some you guys read what you're typing out loud and actually think about it before hitting "post?"

I mean, let's break this down logically. One of our most explosive guys, slated to possibly be the #2 RB is at the point in his rehab where he can even dress out for the 2nd spring scrimmage, therefore the season opener more than 5 months away we should redshirt him? I mean seriously do you m-f-ers ever think before you speak?

I’ll go ahead and give this a try....NOPE !!!!!!

How’d I do?

I 100% agree..but that’s a answer In a vacuum. Of course if he’s 100% ready to go by fall camp you don’t redshirt him. But if he’s not if he’s still on a load management/knee rehabilitation stage into fall camp and the 1st part of the season, I don’t see where the carries are coming from this year if cam and deejay are healthy and balling.

Like I said earlier the idea of RS a RB is taboo for me too. But we’ve done it b4. Willis, Gore (because of devastating injuries) and Lamar Miller instantly come to mind. There’s been a couple who might’ve even benefited from a immediate RS. With Zo if we get to the end of November and he’s only seen spotted duty and still has the chance to attain a year of eligibility I’d consider it. Once again this all depends on his readiness for this yeare

2020 depth
Deejay-SR
Cam-JR
Zo- JR
Burns- Rs Jr
Don- Fresh
Asa- RS soph

Ppl on this board thought I was crazy for predicting Travis Homer would leave after his junior year. It’s a guarantee that Deejay Dallas is going pro after this season. No way Lorenzo Lingard is settling for 3rd rb going into his junior year.

2020 depth

1a. Lorenzo Lingard JR or
Cam Harris JR
1c. Asa Martin Rs soph
4. Don Chaney fresh
5. Robert Burns rs Jr

Advertisement
Ppl on this board thought I was crazy for predicting Travis Homer would leave after his junior year. It’s a guarantee that Deejay Dallas is going pro after this season. No way Lorenzo Lingard is settling for 3rd rb going into his junior year.

2020 depth

Cam Harris JR
1c. Asa Martin Rs soph
4. Don Chaney fresh
5. Robert Burns rs Jr

Deejay is going to be a 2 deep NFL running back. He is just a football player. Tough, elusive and knows the game.

2020 depth

Cam Harris JR
1c. Asa Martin Rs soph
4. Don Chaney fresh
5. Robert Burns rs Jr
If DJ has a 1k plus year he should go. But I think cam is really gonna come on and it’s gobna be a 1-2 punch deal. Could he still leave after that, sure. I wouldn’t argue against that decision. But it’s 50/50. I don’t think he’s a better prospect at this point than Travis was coming into his jr year. That could all change tho with a great year. But let’s say he is gone after having a big year, which brings me back to my original point. If cam has that 2nd spot locked down, where are the meaningful carries coming for Zo. I doubt we use 3 backs. Deejay 15-18 carries/ came 9-12 carries. That’s your whole run game right there assuming they stay healthy. Could we scheme packages with all 3 on the field in some wildcat package yes. But other than that I don’t see it..and in 2020 Don chaney will play. Kid is a better Pure RB prospect than Zo at this point IMO and will play

Don't really see where he fits with Dallas/Harris taking every rep right now.

Advertisement
Back