Lorenzo lingard

Advertisement
Having our running back board is a luxury that few teams have. It’s a brutally punishing position to play.
To say anyone will be 💯 healthy through a season is a farce. To be able to rotate and rest one or two through the season here and there without too much of a dip in production is a blessing. Bama rolling out 3-4 dudes at that position for the past 2 seasons is pretty **** smart.

Advertisement
Foh, they got one good back in etienne and that’s it

I’m just splitting hairs but u mean Clemson only has one elite back in Etienne..., the rest I’m sure are at least “good.”

Either way Cam is a beast simple as that but it’s a reason why it took Lo to go down with the season ending injury to open up the opportunity for Cam to show his talent.

Ppl are sleeping on Lorenzo heavy on this board his 5 star status isn’t a fluke I think once he’s full go he could be the RB getting the most reps before the end of the season.

I’m just splitting hairs but u mean Clemson only has one elite back in Etienne..., the rest I’m sure are at least “good.”

Either way Cam is a beast simple as that but it’s a reason why it took Lo to go down with the season ending injury to open up the opportunity for Cam to show his talent.

Ppl are sleeping on Lorenzo heavy on this board his 5 star status isn’t a fluke I think once he’s full go he could be the RB getting the most reps before the end of the season.
Yeah let me rephrase, etienne is elite actually

Not sleeping on Lo that boy too fast.....how can people sleep on him he just needs a seem and hes gone.

Advertisement
No offense to Cam or DeeJay but Lo is the best back on the team. Everyone knows it. You redshirt him and you only get to see him play for 1 season, bc he’s gone after 3. Just enjoy him playing while you can, he’s special.

giphy.gif

Lingard is a Lamar Miller type back. Cant believe some on here are underrating what a one cut back with that kind of speed at his size can do considering one of the best backs we have recently had was just like him.

Advertisement
No offense to Cam or DeeJay but Lo is the best back on the team. Everyone knows it. You redshirt him and you only get to see him play for 1 season, bc he’s gone after 3. Just enjoy him playing while you can, he’s special.
He’s not the best on the team yet..until he proves it..he probably has the most talent tho as far as pure athleticism..but nah, he gotta get game reps for me to say that

8.0 yds per carry in 2017 in limited action, granted, but CIS going to CIS.

Guys with BMI’s over 30 are sudden expert prognosticators and running back whisperers.

4.5 if you take away the long TD run against SSU.

He's a great athlete and should return kicks but was never sold on his 5* rating. His highlights are mostly running away from everyone when he finds a hole - which is awesome - but those opportunities are fewer in college and aside from the long run against SSU I didn't see great vision or strength, especially for an EE.

3rd string in 2019 IMO. Will get his touches because he can score from anywhere but Dallas and Harris are will be tough to overtake. Should be a strong competition between them but Harris made a stronger impression in 2018.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's his ypc if you take away the long TD run against SSU?
Ok. But come on, how many catches dId Pope have?

Two 5 stars and we "stepping" on them JUST so they know stars don't count. Fuuck that. 21st century , give the talent the rope, either they climb or they hang. Either way, I think with "consensus" studs we win way more than lose imo.

Ok. But come on, how many catches dId Pope have?

Two 5 stars and we "stepping" on them JUST so they know stars don't count. Fuuck that. 21st century , give the talent the rope, either they climb or they hang. Either way, I think with "consensus" studs we win way more than lose imo.

It was painful how under-utilized a lot of the freshmens were last year. Lingard should have been returning kicks and getting at least a few touches. Same with Pope. Jarren didn't get a fair shake.

My concern with Lo is that running style. Will wait and see but those pads must get lower.

Lol I'm not hating on him or our WRs in the position comparison thread for the UF game, but until I see them do it in a game they're just names on paper. Very excited to see how Enos uses our best athletes like Lingard and Pope. Just give them the **** ball.

Last edited:
It was painful how under-utilized a lot of the freshmens were last year. Lingard should have been returning kicks and getting at least a few touches. Same with Pope. Jarren didn't get a fair shake.

My concern with Lo is that running style. Will wait and see but those pads must get lower.

Lol I'm not hating on him or our WRs in the position comparison thread for the UF game, but until I see them do it in a game they're just names on paper. Very excited to see how Enos uses our best athletes like Lingard and Pope. Just give them the **** ball.
Completely. People haven't seen a "Manny" type since JJ. The guy is cerebral and psychological about the game, what made JJ "top of the heap" IMO was that he ALSO was a Freakin ALL AMERICAN! A triple threat if you will.

Manny will compensate for that, hopefully, by surrounding AND ALLOWING the U Player Fam to ASSIST!

Holden was scared of their aura smh and Another credit to Richt, he at least got them reved up again.

Look, I'm a Homer for the U, proud if it. I know the doubt so many have and rightfully so after the last 15. But I also remember the attitude and "vs the world" chip we carried to SHIPS!

Truthfully, not since Randy do we have a U guy (JJ's comments say all) and Manny has way more resources than we've EVER had, legally of course lol.

Anybody who goes back at least 20 knows that what made SWAG was that we BEST YOUR *** with Heart and Talent, not Dorms and Slides.

Sorry for rant, getting ready to transport to 407 to attend a Springer for 1st time in, well, too long.

It's a Cane Thing Always Will Be!

P.S. TY so much to CIS! Angels come in all kinds of ways!

Honestly tho..I get what u saying..but how much better do you really think Lo would’ve made our KR? He’s a one cut back. He’s not a creative runner like Jeff Thomas or even Dallas. And they didn’t break KR..

The Jarren argument..once again he couldn’t beat out rosier or Perry. Idek If he was beating out Weldon lol. With how inept the offense was, do u really think Jarren would’ve made a difference. Unless your argument is change for changes sake, Jarren was not gonna make a difference on how our year went last year

We need to get the program back to a point where we are not dependent on true freshman to make impacts year in and year out. That’s where the top programs are. That comes with stacking talent

Advertisement
Back