Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Advertisement
Is that the standard you've come to accept?

DJ Dallas and Travis Homer are 3rd and 4th on the Seahawks depth chart. They have, combined, 196 rushing yards and 201 receiving yards.

Duke Johnson is 2nd on the Texans depth chart and has 235 rushing yards and 249 receiving yards. He's the best back we've put into the NFL for a long time and two NFL franchises have relegated him to third down duty.

Lamar Miller has played 1 game in the last 2 years.

For comparison, Dalvin Cook has 1,352 rushing yards and 332 receiving yards. Cam Akers has 528 rushing yards and 72 receiving yards. THAT is the standard I'm desperate to get back to.

We dont control them when they get to the league...we just get them to the league brah.

Dalvin Cook and Cam Akers would have made it to the league if they palyed at Barry University. We are cranking out nfl rbs yearly..hence we were able to land the 2 best rbs in south florida last class. and followed it with the nbest again in this class in Thad franklin

Love this guy’s size but his his film man.

One film he looks like a stud a bit stiff and not that slow but decent feet, balance and power

Next clip he’s stumbling all over himself.

I don’t know what to think

Love this guy’s size but his his film man.

One film he looks like a stud a bit stiff and not that slow but decent feet, balance and power

Next clip he’s stumbling all over himself.

I don’t know what to think

This is him rushing for 182 yards (8.7 ypc) and 2 TDs in a win over Central.

Notice how smooth and effective he is getting past the first level. That ability reminds me of an older Frank Gore. He will help solve our issue of negative runs.

Whatcha taking about Willis.

Duke, Lamar, Homer, DJ, Gus are all getting carries in the league.
This is the problem though......these are all getting back up carries in the league. Miami used to turn out pro bowl players....now its backup players.
The coaching and talent at Miami has fallen drastically and its going to continue.

Advertisement
Those 2 are/were two top 5 guys at their positions.

They didnt actually develop them into that. The minute we traded out Yearby for Cook ( he wasnt ever coming here thoughZ) most knew here what was gonna happen..well the plugged in local guys.

They put in those 2 guys and whom else though?. Like our last 5 rbs collected nfl checks. RB isnt a position we lack at in recruiting. Our last 3 or 4 have been early entries to the draft. Thats including a Gus Edwards in that group who couldnt even start here fullt ime. And is currently better than anything they have out of there other than Cook.
Gus better than Akers......you was good till you made that statement. Gus is benefiting from the system. You put him in a real offense he doesnt do ****. He has the benefit of playing with Jackson. and this is coming from a Ravens fan. Ravens are going to be good the next few years during the regular season but with that offense will never when a Super bowl.

Your FSU backs wouldnt play here. These are facts. Just stop it man. Im not even comparing our backfield to anyone other than them...ive never said cam harris was all world, THEIR coaches would give their first child to have CHANEY, KNIGHTON and Thad Franklin...these are facts.

What did Webb do against US?. iF YOU NEVER SAID FSU HAS A BETTER BACKFIELD...WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY SAYING IN MOST OF YOUR POST?. Do you want me to admit...they are good or something?. Whats your end game here? lol

Gassing up about rb stats for a team that are getting bludgeoned by 30+ point and are playing against 2nd string defenses does what actually?. And they STILLLLL dont have better stats than the dude your sh*tting on from your "team".
The whole argument was about Thad being scared to compete here vs FSU. You act like our backs are so much better at THIS level. I said nobody has proven anything yet on a COLLEGE field....why would Thad be scared? You took it to another level...lol

Can you convince Thad by recruiting tactics to sign with Miami? Yes, a good recruiter would easily do this.

Are you going to be able to keep Thad happy when he is here? Unlikely if the older guys ahead of him stay healthy. Be prepared to recruit Thad for the next 3-4 years or else you're looking at the portal.
Well well well, you dont say?

Advertisement
Factor yall are not considering.

I am a firm believer you recruit a kid and convince him to come until the very end! (Avantae). Especially if he is a baller which Thad is.

However, times indeed have changed. ICs are a valuable commodity and transfer are rampant.

If a kid is telling you before he signs that he needs things promised to him instead of earning it, you're taking a huge risk signing him. Especially when he is not better than two players in the class ahead of him.

Yes he is 3rd RB day 1. He is also 3rd RB year 2, and probably 2nd RB year 3. You think if he's making a fuss already, he's going to wait his turn? He won't.

If he was way better than the two guys ahead of him, then worth the risk. Bit hes not better than Don or Knighton. So you're banking on an injury and not signing someone better in the next class.

Idk....I just don't like that attitude. Earn your spot.
The signs were so obvious on Thad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As I’ve mentioned with Thad the last two years “it’s always been work ethic and attitude”. It never changed under two staffs. The last staff actually wished they’d never taken his commitment when he got on campus.

Thad Franklin is the common denominator in all of Thad Franklin's failed relationships.

As I’ve mentioned with Thad the last two years “it’s always been work ethic and attitude”. It never changed under two staffs. The last staff actually wished they’d never taken his commitment when he got on campus.
Yikes. That is unfortunate.
This whole 'Mario inherited a rotten culture' thing is really playing out before our eyes.

Advertisement
Back