Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Advertisement
He's the best RB in the state, you don't drop him over PT, literally every high caliber prospect wants to play as a TF.

Crootin' 101: When a 4/5-star recruits wants PT, give him PT.

You don't hand over talent to your rivals over something as stupid as a few carries in a game, you guys gotta stop thinking that recruits are like fans, they're not, they're the commodity, therefore the leverage is in their court, especially when you're trying to rebuild a winning program.

Thad would play as TF at any school he signs with, Miami should be no different.

Yall want Elite recruits right? Yall wanna compete with the Big Dogs like Bama, Clemson, LSU, Oh St etc right? Then this is what you have deal with, top tier staffs land these types & still get them in the field even with a stacked Depth chart.

Yall Fold up too quick, crootin' ain't for the weak... If it was easy everybody would do it at a high level.
Drama Club No GIF by Nickelodeon

Fans can’t know how hard a kid works or how much he cares. We can just go off the film and clips. I agreed with @Liberty City El wholeheartedly- Thad is a smooth, natural runner with size and unreal HS production. He should be an easy 1K back.

But if he’s 10-15 pounds overweight and doesn’t display any urgency, he will struggle. It’s the job of the staff and recruiting department to gather intel on these kids and their makeup. Same as it is in the pros.

Advertisement
Fans can’t know how hard a kid works or how much he cares. We can just go off the film and clips. I agreed with @Liberty City El wholeheartedly- Thad is a smooth, natural runner with size and unreal HS production. He should be an easy 1K back.

But if he’s 10-15 pounds overweight and doesn’t display any urgency, he will struggle. It’s the job of the staff and recruiting department to gather intel on these kids and their makeup. Same as it is in the pros.

This is where Saban excels. Yeah he misses but his Miss rate seems to be way lower. I’m reading his most recent book written about him and it goes into detail on his recruiting process and how thorough him and his assistance/support staff is when gathering info on kids. They dig deep to find out everything about and kid and their character and don’t let stars or other stuff influence his recruiting board.

They said he will drop a player so quick if they don’t show up to camps and compete etc…

This is where Saban excels. Yeah he misses but his Miss rate seems to be way lower. I’m reading his most recent book written about him and it goes into detail on his recruiting process and how thorough him and his assistance/support staff is when gathering info on kids. They dig deep to find out everything about and kid and their character and don’t let stars or other stuff influence his recruiting board.

They said he will drop a player so quick if they don’t show up to camps and compete etc…

Except he offers every 5 star in the country.

They arent unearthing a lot of 3 star kids down at Bama.

The bolded part is what you get after the "bama offer".s

Now Cincy's evaluations have impressed me recently.

Im not too impressed with a team choc full of 5 star kids backed up by 5 star kids...where u dont really see their misses...also they weed out guys right away when they come in and see they aint up to sniff...they have the ability to do that when you are signing 5 stars every class

Advertisement
Work ethic issue.

This guy should be 230 pounds and running for 1K yards in his sleep. But he doesn't seem to love football.
Thad was a bballer growing up...hes someone that likely needs a chage of scenery to perform....hes to comfortable being here at home.

Except he offers every 5 star in the country.

They arent unearthing a lot of 3 star kids down at Bama.

The bolded part is what you get after the "bama offer".s

Now Cincy's evaluations have impressed me recently.

Im not too impressed with a team choc full of 5 star kids backed up by 5 star kids...where u dont really see their misses...also they weed out guys right away when they come in and see they aint up to sniff...they have the ability to do that when you are signing 5 stars every class
And not only that, now they're getting 5* transfers. AAs from other colleges transferring there to fill their holes.

Character is just as important as talent. Maybe even more so since in this case his character caused his talent not to do a **** thing for Miami. And Franklin’s talent wasn’t even that great. He was #254 in the 247 composite with “no make-miss ability, no breakaway speed, and a plodder”. Now I don’t know what all that means, but it doesn’t sound good. But maybe I’m missing something.

Advertisement
Work ethic issue.

This guy should be 230 pounds and running for 1K yards in his sleep. But he doesn't seem to love football.
Remember when he wanted to play 2 sports in college? What the **** position did he think he was playing on a basketball court at anything above a d2 level?

Remember when he wanted to play 2 sports in college? What the **** position did he think he was playing on a basketball court and anything above a d2 level?
private school bball in broward aint all thast but he played on some good aau teams coming up with opther div 1 kids i guess lol

Advertisement

If I had unlimited resources, analysts, and only offered 5 stars, I’d barely miss too.

At the time, offering Thad was a no brainer.

Advertisement
Back