Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

You said he will "surprise"..means he hasn't proved it on the field "yet"... of course hes our RB so we know what Cam is capable of... fans also tend to have bias opinions after seeing a kid flash talent ... but if you're on the outside looking in... he's just a average back right now...
He averaged 5.1 ypc, had 700 total yards, and had 6 total TDs as a backup in a trash offensive system with a trash OL. What exactly were you expecting? Maybe he could use a bit more top line speed to not get caught from behind, but those are not average numbers. Some of y’all think if a player is short of McGahee or Gore they are average.

Advertisement
He averaged 5.1 ypc, had 700 total yards, and had 6 total TDs as a backup in a trash offensive system with a trash OL. What exactly were you expecting? Maybe he could use a bit more top line speed to not get caught from behind, but those are not average numbers. Some of y’all think if a player is short of McGahee or Gore they are average.
Did you see the bowl game? did you see his numbers against some of those terrible defenses? go look at those games again Cam didn't look like a top 10 returning ACC back once he got past the first wave.... Cam must be more consistent if he wants to be near the top...

I’m not sure if some folks have a clue at how good Thad is. He’s a grown *** man, runs like a tank and has enough speed to go the distance, he’s not slow especially for that size. He’s the best rb in the state and there’s not a close second.
Completely agree. Kid is a stud. Don't want him playing for any other team.

Advertisement
The question is, how does Alabama deal with this? The school is stacked with an absurd amount of 4 and 5 star players. Let's say they really wanted Thad...how do they realistically pitch him when he would have Jase McClellan (4 stars), Roydell Williams (4 stars), and Trey Sanders (5 stars) ahead of him?

That isn't unique or even out of the norm for top teams. We used to do it back in the day, have recruits sit for a year or two. You want to play for a top team, that's what happens generally. ****, our second team back in the day would've finished in the Top 25, same as things today.

I’m not sure if some folks have a clue at how good Thad is. He’s a grown *** man, runs like a tank and has enough speed to go the distance, he’s not slow especially for that size. He’s the best rb in the state and there’s not a close second.
I knew he was good, but didn’t know he was that good, thanks👍🙌

He played in the same offense Deejay Dallas was wasn't he? They had the same amount of carries (Dallas had 115, Harris had 114).
Deejay averaged almost a full yard more per carry than Harris (Dallas had 6.0, Harris had 5.1). Deejay also had more TD's with 8, while Harris had 5.
Plus from watching the games, Harris would get the majority of his production on like one or two big plays, otherwise he wasn't usually doing much.

Advertisement
Hope this young man saw the two utes getting carries yesterday and realizes he can do the same if he comes in ready to compete.
If anything it would hurt us as now it is confirmed that they are the real deal and are going to establish themselves as the #1 and 2 backs until they leave.

If he were smart he would realize that with all the plays we run, the #3 rb will get a good amount of carries. Plus that helps his longetivity, and during his junior/money year he will, at worse, be the #2 rb.

But up to him, if he wants to get all the carries and beat up his body prior to getting to the league, go to FSU

If anything it would hurt us as now it is confirmed that they are the real deal and are going to establish themselves as the #1 and 2 backs until they leave.

If he were smart he would realize that with all the plays we run, the #3 rb will get a good amount of carries. Plus that helps his longetivity, and during his junior/money year he will, at worse, be the #2 rb.

But up to him, if he wants to get all the carries and beat up his body prior to getting to the league, go to FSU
Or maybe he thinks he can beat one or both out and end up RB1 or RB2 by year's end? Or one get's hurt? Or, or, or. Bottom line, he's going to play a lot. And from Day 1. We really need two RB's in this class.

Advertisement

Or maybe he saw RB1 get dinged up and see how fast you could possibly move up the depth chart

Hoping we get this kid but I don't know. I didn't mind the fact that it was mentioned that Cam Harris staying or going would have an impact on his decision. I don't mind if he's concerned about Knighton and Chaney having a leg up on him with regards to the playbook. What DID catch my eye was him supposedly mentioning taking a second back in HIS class would be a factor along with Harris staying. IMO, a guy of his caliber should pretty much dismiss the second back. That comment has me thinking that the coaches are going to have a tough time keeping him. Just my .02 from limited blurbs from a kid that I've never met in my life! LOL

I agree their OL is trash...on the flip side , last year ours was just as bad tho...you said he's better than anybody on their roster "right now" which isn't necessarily true in my book.... Corbin had 848 yards as freshman in the SEC led the SEC in return yards yet you said he's trash lol...I like our prospects better than FSU but really won't know how good they are until I see them in action against a good team... I'm not going sleep on FSU cuz they picked up some talent...they can also hit the portal again ...talent hasn't been their problem it's coaching....

WATCH THEIR GAME TODAY AND......................Their rbs are trash like i said.lol

Advertisement
WATCH THEIR GAME TODAY AND......................Their rbs are trash like i said.lol
Their entire O played like trash..... main problem is their OL, QB, play calling and scheme...just about everything they do is predictable like we were with Richt and Enos.... they phucked right now....

For me... tell any kid who has an "I must play demand" that he is contracted to start. If you find out he is not good enough to start tell him you held up your side of the bargain but he failed to hold up his.

Advertisement
Back