Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Advertisement
Who is to say some of those other running backs didn't have runs called back? Did you watch all 10 of those returning backs ahead of him? He didn't have a better season "production-wise" that is all I'm saying...he has to prove it on the "stat sheet" to be known as a top back nationally...we believe he can be cuz it's our RB... he's not on any draft board or preseason list to give him the crown as a big time college back.. he has to elevate his production on the field first ...
You already have you’re mind made up about cam Harris... I personally think cam did a **** good job with what he was given, not only was it one of the worst offenses in the nation 98 out of 130, but was so predictable it was sickening to watch. On top of all of the we had one of the worst o-line in college football ranked 100 out of 130 per pff. Cam Harris still averaged 5.1 ypc

not saying he’s cam Akers but Harris gives me the same feeling with what Akers went through at fsu where he averaged 5.3, 4.4, and 5.0 ypc at Fsu. We would agree he’s better than those numbers suggest.

I think Harris is going to shock a lot of the doubters as long as he can stay healthy, especially with king freezing the line backers.

you’re also trying to compare cam Harris numbers to previous players. Each of the past 4 years I would argue and the stats would agree with me that the Offenses were better than last years.

You already have you’re mind made up about cam Harris... I personally think cam did a **** good job with what he was given, not only was it one of the worst offenses in the nation 98 out of 130, but was so predictable it was sickening to watch. On top of all of the we had one of the worst o-line in college football ranked 100 out of 130 per pff. Cam Harris still averaged 5.1 ypc

not saying he’s cam Akers but Harris gives me the same feeling with what Akers went through at fsu where he averaged 5.3, 4.4, and 5.0 ypc at Fsu. We would agree he’s better than those numbers suggest.

I think Harris is going to shock a lot of the doubters as long as he can stay healthy, especially with king freezing the line backers.

you’re also trying to compare cam Harris numbers to previous players. Each of the past 4 years I would argue and the stats would agree with me that the Offenses were better than last years.
No I compared him to active returning ACC backs in the link above...trust me, I want Cam to win....just not going say what I haven't seen yet...

I respect the competitive spirit of wanting to start right away, but forward thinking, RB is not a position you should be afraid of not starting right away.

RBs leave in three years max. Cam isn't staying.

He shouldn't want all the wear and tear when a RB can literally have one great post season, test well and go first round.

Advertisement
From Rivals:

Franklin says he’s locked in with Miami. He publicly tweeted out the news late last night.

Franklin spoke with coaches Manny Diaz and Eric Hickson yesterday but says that had nothing to do with the decision.

“Miami, they can’t promise me early playing time but I’ll just come in and work,” Franklin said.
So is there any wiggle room left for Florida State?
We asked Franklin the percent chance he will be a Hurricane on signing day.
“100 percent,” he said.

Advertisement
Let's "hope" Cam finally breaks out....right now he isn't even considered anywhere near the top of a weaka@$$ conference...our fans can't seem to take off them foggy *** cane goggles lol... seriously, production-wise we are at the bottom of **** near every position...sure we have a great system in place...but we thought the same last year lol....the mind set should be wait and see cuz these players have a lot to prove...sorry as we were offensively, it should be all business....nothing wrong with being optimistic there is also a fine line between it all imo...not high or low stay even...we get caught up in recruiting stars and highschool performances... then get ****ed when we see 3* kids out shinning overrated or undeveloped 4-5 star prospects ...I need to see it myself...I'm not getting caught up in all this preseason greentree AA **** or coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses again...Enos phucked us still doesn't mean we will "automatically" have top ACC production over others that already have it.

I'm personally excited to see what Rooster and Chaney can do....hope they push Cam to play at a higher level...same with our receivers and OL...we all know the addition of King will elevate our offense....but the ACC is loaded with returning skill production and proven OL it is what it is...don't get me wrong, Cam is still a great prospect on paper but so far others have out produced him....no room to call our highly touted freshman breather backs...
"Finally break out". "Push to a higher level …". I sense that Cam is going to surprise a lot of people now that he isn't forced to play behind two backs due to Miami's seniority rule. Two backs that were both drafted I might add. He's looked very good in his limited opportunities.

Things might have looked very different for Cam if DJ Dallas had remained as a DB (for which he was recruited along with Malik Young) and not forced to takes reps at WR than RB because of depth.

"Finally break out". "Push to a higher level …". I sense that Cam is going to surprise a lot of people now that he isn't forced to play behind two backs due to Miami's seniority rule. Two backs that were both drafted I might add. He's looked very good in his limited opportunities.

Things might have looked very different for Cam if DJ Dallas had remained as a DB (for which he was recruited along with Malik Young) and not forced to takes reps at WR than RB because of depth.
We both agree he could "surprise" means he still has to prove it on the field...coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't foot the bill ....he had three good games against weak defenses, runs called back etc..... also had bad games against 3 sorry teams LAT, BCU and CMU that coulda boosted his stats....shows he was not consistant....all I'm saying is Cam has to step it up notch as the lead back now....

Advertisement
We both agree he could "surprise" means he still has to prove it on the field...coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't foot the bill ....he had three good games against weak defenses, runs called back etc..... also had bad games against 3 sorry teams LAT, BCU and CMU that coulda boosted his stats....shows he was not consistant....all I'm saying is Cam has to step it up notch as the lead back now....
He won't surprise me. I expect it.

Last edited:

Crow will be eaten....book dat.

From Rivals:

Franklin says he’s locked in with Miami. He publicly tweeted out the news late last night.

Franklin spoke with coaches Manny Diaz and Eric Hickson yesterday but says that had nothing to do with the decision.

“Miami, they can’t promise me early playing time but I’ll just come in and work,” Franklin said.
So is there any wiggle room left for Florida State?
We asked Franklin the percent chance he will be a Hurricane on signing day.
“100 percent,” he said.

I’m not sure if some folks have a clue at how good Thad is. He’s a grown *** man, runs like a tank and has enough speed to go the distance, he’s not slow especially for that size. He’s the best rb in the state and there’s not a close second.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure if some folks have a clue at how good Thad is. He’s a grown *** man, runs like a tank and has enough speed to go the distance. He’s the best rb in the state and there’s not a close second.
No doubt, it's big. We'll have a stable of studs next year. Do this year, but the next two-three years may be even better as the guys may be better complements to each other and the offense.

AND I'll say this. I thought it was an incredible job back in February to get him back on the board. It showed other decommits and targets, we still mean business and Manny is all in.

Got King in January, Thad back in the boat in February, Arroyo in late spring as somewhat of a surprise, and the staff hasn't looked back.

Helluva an off season.

He won't surprise me. I expect it.
You said he will "surprise"..means he hasn't proved it on the field "yet"... of course hes our RB so we know what Cam is capable of... fans also tend to have bias opinions after seeing a kid flash talent ... but if you're on the outside looking in... he's just a average back right now...

I’m not sure if some folks have a clue at how good Thad is. He’s a grown *** man, runs like a tank and has enough speed to go the distance, he’s not slow especially for that size. He’s the best rb in the state and there’s not a close second.

He is definitely somebody you put up with a little diva nonsense for. This is part of the job description

You said he will "surprise"..means he hasn't proved it on the field "yet"... of course hes our RB so we know what Cam is capable of... fans also tend to have bias opinions after seeing a kid flash talent ... but if you're on the outside looking in... he's just a average back right now...
I said he will surprise a lot of people (those that look only at a stat sheet). I watched his play and the offense he was playing in. Based on that, I see his potential and admittedly am making a projection. My surprise would be if he doesn't establish himself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back