Looks like Brantley is entering the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still don't know why he wouldn't wait until after spring practice (unless he was forced out now. Which wouldn't make sense to me either.)

But everybody knew when we took McCormick that room was really crowded.

Hate to lose guys that can contribute but it's a nice problem to have people who could contribute sitting at 4th or 5th on the depth chart. When you have a properly stacked roster we're always going to lose kids that we like.

Advertisement
Seems like a good hard working kid. But in this era of huge athletic TE’s who can play some other spots too a 6’1 220lb TE who isn’t a blazer isn’t likely to be a difference maker. I’m sure this topic will get 20 pages because he’s a fan favorite but a 3 star that we beat teams like Pitt and Maryland for is what most of this fan base has been complaining about. So which way do you want it.

Advertisement
Let’s talk about that depth chart and whether he’s buried behind potential or production…

He was probably waiting for the initial depth chart that comes out just before spring starts. It lets you know how close you are to playing and it’s usually followed up with a one-on-one with your position coach to let you know what’s going to happen.

My guess is there’s a few more (especially on the OL) who are gone after spring

The after spring practice would've made much more sense like you mention about OLmen.

Long time between now and May when it opens.. Maybe he'll re-think this if it was ALL his decision..

Nah you don't get to skip spring and then waltz back in with Mario IMO... especially since we just added three more TE to the roster and will need to shed some more guys to make room for the post-spring portal additions anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back