Looks like Brantley is entering the portal

Advertisement
Again, if he was the guy you think he is, he would have teams lining up for him, we know that’s likely not the case. He’s a contributor, not a deliverer. He’s someone you’d love to have on the roster but I’m not going to lose sleep over him leaving.

By the way, you can make the same “He wasn’t utilized correctly “ argument for Skinner and Arroyo( Before he was hurt). We are arguing legit upside vs a guy who at his best is a solid HBack, something that this OC isn’t using regularly.
he did make the argument about arroyo I believe.

I didn’t want him to leave but Cam is likely just going to take that role and him being 47 years old you’d hope he has some old man strength

How will teams be lining up for somebody who’s never had an opportunity, that doesn’t make sense. He’s been here two years and one was in a Gattis offense. With no coaches on staff who had a clue about scheming, Including the HC. Lashlee will likely take him because he knows the potential that’s there.

Brantley is better than alot of the dudes that got reps last year imma be real.

Mario likely wouldnt have recruited Brevin Jordan...size is all they know really..that aint a problem with me...but 6'4 250 Will Mallory never in his life oculd block as good as Brantley a kid who played wr his whole high school career.

Its funny though as their a te out of bishop gorman in this class with the same size dimensions as Brantley that they i believed offered.

Advertisement
Brantley is better than alot of the dudes that got reps last year imma be real.

Mario likely wouldnt have recruited Brevin Jordan...size is all they know really..that aint a problem with me...but 6'4 250 Will Mallory never in his life oculd block as good as Brantley a kid who played wr his whole high school career.

Its funny though as their a te out of bishop gorman in this class with the same size dimensions as Brantley that they i believed offered.

Brantley is the Trent Harris of TEs. He played his limited snaps just fine. But Mallory could run a 4.6 40. I think he’ll shine with Lashlee.

i personally didnt see the need for bringing in the 80 yr old from oregon who likely isnt better than Dom Mammarelli.
Mallory was pretty good in the pass game last year
same here. I said to my friend when he transferred that I hope he takes on a UD role and never plays. obviously wont be the case now. we ran off someone w potential for a dude who is broken down and at the end of his playing career

This kid wants the ball, to be a starter, he want's a full TE role to show the NFL. Zero chance that's happening here where's he'd be an H-back who only gets on the field in certain situations. He will never, ever be more than a role-player here, at best.

It is what it is, it became a bad fit. He will drop down in class to a lesser Group of 5 program with lesser completion, not make a lateral move. And the world keeps spinning. We all want Mario to add another 5+ in the portal after this spring, right? Well, you have to find that room somehow.
This. Cant be mad at the staff for losing him when he's buried on depth chart. Can't be mad at kid leaving cuz he wants to start (and could elsewhere prob). Portal giveth, portal taketh away.

Advertisement
Idgaf what anyone say.... Mallory hurt this team waaaaaaaay more than he helped with his non- blocking ***. So many negative plays strictly because of him. I'll take Brantley's effort over anything Mallory had to offer

Idgaf what anyone say.... Mallory hurt this team waaaaaaaay more than he helped with his non- blocking ***. So many negative plays strictly because of him. I'll take Brantley's effort over anything Mallory had to offer
Dropping game winning passes didn't help either.

Brantley was one of the few players on offense (outside of the OL) that actually blocked effectively (and did so with an attitude) last year. He was a great tone-setter in that regard. He was also really good at sneaking into the flats & getting open. He should have been used much more than he was by #ThankGodHe'sGone.

The TE room is stacked. We'll be more than fine if Dawson uses this talented group heavily. Not hard to see why KB hit the portal but it does suck to lose the one guy on offense that was laying people out with his blocking.

Advertisement
this hurts the coaches ability to say “we play the best players” when they didn’t keep playing him after his UVA performance. Kid was taking souls and fearless. Sorry but playing kids ahead of him means the coaches are playing favorites not the best. Don’t care if he was a 1star, undersized….

Only way you sit the kid is if he has off field issues or is a cancer to the team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back