Looks like Brantley is entering the portal

Advertisement
How will teams be lining up for somebody who’s never had an opportunity, that doesn’t make sense. He’s been here two years and one was in a Gattis offense. With no coaches on staff who had a clue about scheming, Including the HC. Lashlee will likely take him because he knows the potential that’s there.
In the AAC.

Advertisement
I don't like this one either, as I am a firm believer that you've gotta have that one go-to blocking TE when the situation demands it.

I also think he can be a positive presence in the vocal leadership aspect.

I get why he's doing this, as it's a crowded house at the position. But it sucks.

Can someone give me the rundown on why? I’m not going through 11 pages for Brantley lol

The he's 4th or whatever on the depth chart list talk gets old. He would've been an injury or two from major snaps. That's if he was that far down on the depth chart with this new staff.

When we get to a point where we have a bunch of studs lined up (we aren't there), then losing a hypothetical 4th on the depth chart guy doesn't really matter.

People every year say we're good and then a rash of injuries occur. Maybe this is the year we escape them, but the jury is out on Feld. Guess we'll, see, but **** it'd be nice to have as much depth as possible for possible injury plagues.

Advertisement
interesting to me that the insiders here seem to be upset about losing him. Think probably has something to do with them knowing more about his character and locker room presence that I don’t have insight to. I don’t see the negative impact to giving the opportunity for more reps for Arroyo 6’4 240 Skinner 6’5 220 Carver 6’6 225 and Williams 6’6 245In order to win anything big you win with body types like that at the TE position. Last TE we had with Brantley’s body type was Brevin Jordan who was a stud from Day 1! With that said what is Brantley’s upside? 0 disrespect but anybody who won anything of importance last year wouldnt have had him as their TE1 look at the measurements for any TE that got invited to the combine. Natural selection is taking place in Coral Gables. You can’t go 5-7 and keep **** the same. Wish him the best at SMU

Eh, we brought in an 8th year senior that Oregon didn’t want to take his snaps. I just hope the old man doesn’t break a hip trying to block.

Arroyo has caught 10 passes in two seasons and Skinner caught 9 last year. We’ve got bodies at the position but let’s not pretend we’ve got proven, non-injury prone players there.

Last edited:
People can say what they want..but there are 3 freak shows in that room now. (Arroyo, Skinner, Riley Williams)…what exactly could be carved out for him as fas as a role? Whatever “H-Back/Hybrid” role that would be created needs to go to Riley Williams to get him on the field asap.. So there’s that. And he probably saw the writing on that wall. Good luck to him.

Him and the kid built similar to him a few years ago were never going to get many opportunities at UM. Best of luck to him

Advertisement
This kid wants the ball, to be a starter, he want's a full TE role to show the NFL. Zero chance that's happening here where's he'd be an H-back who only gets on the field in certain situations. He will never, ever be more than a role-player here, at best.

It is what it is, it became a bad fit. He will drop down in class to a lesser Group of 5 program with lesser completion, not make a lateral move. And the world keeps spinning. We all want Mario to add another 5+ in the portal after this spring, right? Well, you have to find that room somehow.

The he's 4th or whatever on the depth chart list talk gets old. He would've been an injury or two from major snaps. That's if he was that far down on the depth chart with this new staff.

When we get to a point where we have a bunch of studs lined up (we aren't there), then losing a hypothetical 4th on the depth chart guy doesn't really matter.

People every year say we're good and then a rash of injuries occur. Maybe this is the year we escape them, but the jury is out on Feld. Guess we'll, see, but **** it'd be nice to have as much depth as possible for possible injury plagues.
That's college football now. There are 1st stringers and 4th stringers. The 2nd and 3rd stringers leave to become first stringers somewhere else.

Advertisement
Eh, we brought in an 8th year senior that Oregon didn’t want to take his snaps. I just hope the old man doesn’t break a hip trying to block.

Arroyo has caught 10 passes in two seasons and Skinner caught 9 last year. We’ve got bodies at the position but let’s not pretend we’ve got proven, non-injury prone players there.
Are you like 12 that you’re calling someone in their twenties old and worried about breaking hips. It’s college there isn’t really a disadvantage to being older like in the pros.

Are you like 12 that you’re calling someone in their twenties old and worried about breaking hips. It’s college there isn’t really a disadvantage to being older like in the pros.
Good job on taking that comment seriously. Clearly I was concerned about a 24 year old breaking a hip.

Advertisement
Back