Lookin like Dennis Turner and Ryan Mayes......

Berrios is a much better athlete than Turner.

Turner tested out with a 4.7 40, 4.56 shuttle, and 33 inch vertical.

Berrios tested out with a 4.52 40, 3.81 shuttle, and 40 inch vertical.

Dillard also played a lot of cupcakes in mccarthy, pines charter, coconut creek, suncoast, & stranahan.

Turner really isn't a corner at the next level. & Imo, all of our wide receivers commits are on a level above turner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
It is distasteful but it's part of life. That's what made our country so great in the past. Now we give every kid a trophy or a ribbon for 8th place. The cream of the crop rises to the top, it is what it is. You want Golden to succeed here, he has to get rid of dead weight like every other top team does. There are many reasons why coaches get rid of players, this is just one of them. I'm all for coaches getting rid of kids who can't perform as long as they help them to find another school. The ones who don't want to perform or don't give it their all, kick them to the curb! It should make them stronger later on. Most of my generation of parents and down are pathetic, they need to stop coddling their kids, makes them useless and weak. We can already see the results of that coddling in society now.
Obviously I have no idea what the coaching staff has told them behind the scenes, but hopefully if they no longer want them in this class, that message has been relayed to them so they can reopen their recruitment. I guess I'm in the minority but I find the whole notion of running off underperforming players distasteful. The coaches are the ones with the years of experience to hone their craft at identifying and projecting talent. If they miss on an evaluation, they should be the ones who have to pay for it, not the kid.

I don't even know where to begin with this. I'd argue that personal responsibility had more to do with this country's foundation did than blaming someone else for mistakes you made. Not treating kids like chattel, like grist for the mill isn't "coddling them." Living up to life changing promises you made to kids and their families doesn't seem like "coddling" to me. Those scholarships may only be the one year renewable kind, but I'm betting when UM brings a kid on campus, they don't say, "See those girls? See that campus? Feel that warm weather? How would you like to live here for the next nine or ten months?" They sell them on three years. Four years. **** even five

Any coach be it Golden, Shannon, Coker, or whomever telling a kid who came from nothing, and that has nothing that he can't get a degree from UM anymore, "But I'll make sure they have room for you at Bethune" because you have to make room for some hotshot HS recruit, and then that coach with the multi-million dollar salary driving home to his big house in a Benz doesn't seem right to me that's all. If a kid wants to leave because he isn't playing or for whatever reason that's fine, and if the coach can help him land on his feet somewhere, even better. But shoving a kid out the door? I know it's par for the course anymore but that doesn't make it any less ******.

i hope we close with jc jackson, travis rudolph, dalvin cook, ermon lane, and johnie dixon. open the flood gates

i hope we close with jc jackson, travis rudolph, dalvin cook, ermon lane, and johnie dixon. open the flood gates

too many WRs man. Ermon, Dixon, Rudolph, Langham, Berrios, Griffin, Brady? no chance it would happen, nor should it. We need more D. Give me Dixon and close shop. If we can steal Ermon or Rudolph then let Langham head to FSU

Advertisement
apparently, gayot is still considering us too. i prefer jc and gayot to turner and mayes.

It is distasteful but it's part of life. That's what made our country so great in the past. Now we give every kid a trophy or a ribbon for 8th place. The cream of the crop rises to the top, it is what it is. You want Golden to succeed here, he has to get rid of dead weight like every other top team does. There are many reasons why coaches get rid of players, this is just one of them. I'm all for coaches getting rid of kids who can't perform as long as they help them to find another school. The ones who don't want to perform or don't give it their all, kick them to the curb! It should make them stronger later on. Most of my generation of parents and down are pathetic, they need to stop coddling their kids, makes them useless and weak. We can already see the results of that coddling in society now.
Obviously I have no idea what the coaching staff has told them behind the scenes, but hopefully if they no longer want them in this class, that message has been relayed to them so they can reopen their recruitment. I guess I'm in the minority but I find the whole notion of running off underperforming players distasteful. The coaches are the ones with the years of experience to hone their craft at identifying and projecting talent. If they miss on an evaluation, they should be the ones who have to pay for it, not the kid.

Many times the coaches will also call a few schools for them. Get them a look at a school they can succeed at.

As someone else mentioned, Dennis Turner went on an OV to Toldeo this weekend. I'm confident that coach Golden will find this kid a suitable landing spot if Al is able to trade up.

For those who are new to elite level recruiting this provides a nice opportunity to see how its done correctly. Coach Golden unearthed this kid early on and got him to commit. Coach Golden built the vibe surrounding this class. Now he has to go back thru and find where he can upgrade. He will find Dennis Turner a nice landing spot if he cant find one himself. Toledo might be a good place for him, although I prefer to see 2nd tier Florida kids at UCF, USF, FIU and FAU.

Advertisement
As someone else mentioned, Dennis Turner went on an OV to Toldeo this weekend. I'm confident that coach Golden will find this kid a suitable landing spot if Al is able to trade up.

For those who are new to elite level recruiting this provides a nice opportunity to see how its done correctly. Coach Golden unearthed this kid early on and got him to commit. Coach Golden built the vibe surrounding this class. Now he has to go back thru and find where he can upgrade. He will find Dennis Turner a nice landing spot if he cant find one himself. Toledo might be a good place for him, although I prefer to see 2nd tier Florida kids at UCF, USF, FIU and FAU.

He an offer from Arkansas before got one from Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another reason why getting your class in order early is a good idea. Unfortunately you have to recruit these kids long before their senior seasons so sometimes you never know what you are going to get. So now you "reevaluate" and upgrade where you can.

IF we close by dropping some of these C guys and getting More A-1 players/recruits then I am believing
AL is starting to understand the caliber of player that we need and YES the sanctions are helping him
sit in homes a little bit easier...I just hope we gather enough defense to hold off for one more class and then

I think we will be ready..

Not according to Dennis Turner's scout, rivals or espn profiles. All three sites show UM as his only offer. What's your source for your info?

Not according to Dennis Turner's scout, rivals or espn profiles. All three sites show UM as his only offer. What's your source for your info?

http://247sports.com/Player/Dennis-Turner-29292

Advertisement
Back