Lookin like Dennis Turner and Ryan Mayes......

Advertisement
Upgrades are a good thing..

Exactly. I don't know why "fans" want plan C guys over plan A guys.

Again, there's levels to this stuff. I truly believe people will look back at this time in UM history and be amazed at how coach Golden did it. During the peak of the NCAA's negative PR wave, coach Golden went out and got commitments from a bunch of guys like this who helped build the buzz about our class. Look at how that mindset has taken off around south Florida. Now, if coach Golden can upgrade this spot, he simply needs to find a suitable offer for Turner (and/or Mayes).

Again, I'd love to see these kids end up at UCF, USF, FIU or FAU. To me, I'd much rather see the 2nd tier south Florida kids go to these schools over the Mid America, Sunbelt or Conference USA. (toss the AAC in there too)

I dont see Arkansas as a good fit for Turner. I really think this kid should contact George O'Leary. UCF would be a good fit for him IMO.

I prefer to see 2nd tier Florida kids at UCF, USF, FIU and FAU.

I don´t. A lot of the time those second tier florida kids turn out to be much better than expected. No need for that at those other wannabe florida schools.

Advertisement

I don´t. A lot of the time those second tier florida kids turn out to be much better than expected. No need for that at those other wannabe florida schools.

I dont share that opinion. If we ever get to a point where we are losing kids that we really want to schools like UCF, USF, FIU & FAU, then I think its time to change coaching staffs. lol

I dont share that opinion. If we ever get to a point where we are losing kids that we really want to schools like UCF, USF, FIU & FAU, then I think its time to change coaching staffs. lol

Not talking about losing kids to them. Just don´t see any upside at all from our perspective to those schools being good/getting better.

Advertisement

Again, there's levels to this stuff. I truly believe people will look back at this time in UM history and be amazed at how coach Golden did it. During the peak of the NCAA's negative PR wave, coach Golden went out and got commitments from a bunch of guys like this who helped build the buzz about our class. Look at how that mindset has taken off around south Florida. Now, if coach Golden can upgrade this spot, he simply needs to find a suitable offer for Turner (and/or Mayes).

Again, I'd love to see these kids end up at UCF, USF, FIU or FAU. To me, I'd much rather see the 2nd tier south Florida kids go to these schools over the Mid America, Sunbelt or Conference USA. (toss the AAC in there too)

the MAC has been pretty good to Florida kids though

Advertisement
if turner ran a **** 4.7 what was everyone else running stupid? that was his Sophomore year he runs a 4.4 or 4.5 now

24/7
As someone else mentioned, Dennis Turner went on an OV to Toldeo this weekend. I'm confident that coach Golden will find this kid a suitable landing spot if Al is able to trade up.

For those who are new to elite level recruiting this provides a nice opportunity to see how its done correctly. Coach Golden unearthed this kid early on and got him to commit. Coach Golden built the vibe surrounding this class. Now he has to go back thru and find where he can upgrade. He will find Dennis Turner a nice landing spot if he cant find one himself. Toledo might be a good place for him, although I prefer to see 2nd tier Florida kids at UCF, USF, FIU and FAU.

He an offer from Arkansas before got one from Miami

Not according to Dennis Turner's scout, rivals or espn profiles. All three sites show UM as his only offer. What's your source for your info?

the MAC has been pretty good to Florida kids though

because Florida kids have been good to the MAC. If those kids started going to UCF/USF/FAU/FIU then those teams would dominate the MAC and C-USA teams. I prefer that. I'd rather see a strong USF, UCF, ... than a strong So. Miss or Ball State.

Advertisement
because Florida kids have been good to the MAC. If those kids started going to UCF/USF/FAU/FIU then those teams would dominate the MAC and C-USA teams. I prefer that. I'd rather see a strong USF, UCF, ... than a strong So. Miss or Ball State.

Why?

if turner ran a **** 4.7 what was everyone else running stupid? that was his Sophomore year he runs a 4.4 or 4.5 now

How many times in his highlight reel you saw the kid just show 4.4/4.5 speed? Its not there, it was a bunch of plays running the same route showing of decent quickness and good hands, but nothing showed great speed or anything resembling that. The kid is a solid player but there were numerous plays that he could have taken to the house if he really had that speed.

Arkansas offer may not be committable too.

BINGO.

If this kid had legit offers from SEC schools, why is he visiting Toledo?
?
Because he can take 5 officials

oh yeah, people are dying to go to Toledo. I wouldn't want to spend a weekend there even if it was free.

Well your not him and I doubt he is rolling in offers. He has to choose from what he has.

Advertisement
Back