Longtime heavy booster and Butch supporter says...

Jason Whitlock called this a few weeks ago. Say what you want but the guy has a lot of sources.

i saw that interview he was just speaking on a personal hunch that he had not as a result of a source, as much as i would love it he aint coming here

Advertisement
So in all seriousness, what is this 'Show Clause' all about?

What is the likely punishment should Kelly leave Philly and rock up in Coral Gables in January?

Miami has probably figured out that they are spending so much money paying fired coaches that it's cheaper to spend big bucks on coaches that won't be fired.

Here's the expected bull****. Few things that bother me more than being called a liar, but it's inevitable from people behind a computer screen. So, I get it. Not a clue who you are because I don't recognize your screen name, but a lot of posters on here know me off the board and I've had the same username for 2 decades.

If you're up for a challenge, dig through anything you can find on the last coaching search. Not a peep from me because I didn't hear anything from anyone.

Keep your shirt on, tough guy. No one said a word about you.

You consider that a tough guy response? Without even a personal attack? Ha. Got it. Have at it, man.

Advertisement
Here's the expected bull****. Few things that bother me more than being called a liar, but it's inevitable from people behind a computer screen. So, I get it. Not a clue who you are because I don't recognize your screen name, but a lot of posters on here know me off the board and I've had the same username for 2 decades.

If you're up for a challenge, dig through anything you can find on the last coaching search. Not a peep from me because I didn't hear anything from anyone.

You consider that a tough guy response? Without even a personal attack? Ha. Got it. Have at it, man.

You're rustled. And I STILL haven't said anything about you.

Lu, you're good with all of us who have been around for a while. Keep the info coming.

Don't listen to the teenage tough guys behind their computer screens.

While this would be the home run hire that we are all craving, I'm skeptical whether Chip could truly put together a competent defense. He couldn't really do it at Oregon and hasn't done it with the Eagles either.

Still, I'm very excited and optimistic about this nugget of info.

Well, the only other guy that coached on the west coast did decent here (Erickson).

However, Kelly sounds much better than Erickson (Erickson wasn't a difference maker coach at all)...

I didn't really follow Oregon while he was there, but I know they won a pile of games....

This would be a solid hire if we can win out over USC. We would win championships with him....

I just hope he has a solid DC in his back pocket...

I think it's time to YouTube a few of Oregon's games from his tenure to learn a bit more about him....

Advertisement
LuCane, thanks for the postings. Maybe Chip comes, maybe not, maybe he's unsure what he's going to do. But I'm glad to hear what our guys are trying to do and it sounds encouraging.

Only guys with the handle BBB......for fvcks sake Chip Kelly would be the best hire we have made in over 30 years based on proven quality.

I didn't complain about hiring him, simply stated that USC would be extremely difficult to beat out for him..

You're right, he would murder the ACC and all of college football if he did come though

"Wahhhhh some other school is more attractive."

"We can't spend money!"

"He'll never choose us b/c USC won more titles in 1970!"

"Even though since Miami became Miami it has been a better program than any on earth, USC is still better bc they have a cool fight song and Pete Carroll!"

Don't get butthurt about the fact that our school has NEVER been willing to seriously invest in our football program.... It's simply the truth. I'd love for us to make this kind of move and do whatever's necessary to get him, we'll see if something has changed

LOLOL "never". You must have become a fan in 2005. Coker was one of the highest paid coaches in the sport. We hired a NFL HC before too. Do you even know that? Are u even aware what kind of a hire Schnelly was? We did that before we had one tenth the cache and money we have now.

Dude, just stop. We don't have more money than USC. Anyone with half a brain knows this. There are things we offer that USC doesn't, but money is not one of them.

Advertisement
Only guys with the handle BBB......for fvcks sake Chip Kelly would be the best hire we have made in over 30 years based on proven quality.

I didn't complain about hiring him, simply stated that USC would be extremely difficult to beat out for him..

You're right, he would murder the ACC and all of college football if he did come though

"We can't spend money!"

"Even though since Miami became Miami it has been a better program than any on earth, USC is still better bc they have a cool fight song and Pete Carroll!"

Don't get butthurt about the fact that our school has NEVER been willing to seriously invest in our football program.... It's simply the truth. I'd love for us to make this kind of move and do whatever's necessary to get him, we'll see if something has changed

LOLOL "never". You must have become a fan in 2005. Coker was one of the highest paid coaches in the sport. We hired a NFL HC before too. Do you even know that? Are u even aware what kind of a hire Schnelly was? We did that before we had one tenth the cache and money we have now.

Comparing promoting Coker to hiring Chip Kelly.... Bahahahaa

Come on guy, relax. We both know hiring Chip would be a monster hire, but I'm not blind to how conservative our school has been...

You're rustled. And I STILL haven't said anything about you.

You insinuated this is nonsense, so I responded. I already admitted being called a liar is particularly bothersome to me. Nonetheless, I'm not going to personally attack you or pull a tough guy act because, ultimately, it's a message board. I'll drop this now.

Advertisement

"We can't spend money!"

Dude, just stop. We don't have more money than USC. Anyone with half a brain knows this. There are things we offer that USC doesn't, but money is not one of them.

Every major school has enough money. It's just how much you're going to put up. Who is willing to get closest to the 6.5 million?

Well, the only other guy that coached on the west coast did decent here (Erickson).

However, Kelly sounds much better than Erickson (Erickson wasn't a difference maker coach at all)...

I didn't really follow Oregon while he was there, but I know they won a pile of games....

This would be a solid hire if we can win out over USC. We would win championships with him....

I just hope he has a solid DC in his back pocket...

I think it's time to YouTube a few of Oregon's games from his tenure to learn a bit more about him....

Erickson was a very good game day coach and yes, he was a difference maker...If Kelly has any interest we need to rol out the red carpet and back up the Brinks truck. This is one of the only few on the planet who can actually get us back to winning championships. He is a perfect fit for Miami.

Advertisement
Back