Longtime heavy booster and Butch supporter says...

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
From just before the time Golden was fired, so many random rumors have come up that, while I'll drop a hint here and there if I hear something, sometimes I choose not to create a thread about it because I find it completely absurd or out of left field. In other words, just sounds like nonsense. Or, sometimes, it's not my info and I can't say I trust it.

As I've said in the past, I'm not the guy typically with any inside information. That's D$. A couple months ago, out of the blue, I was told Butch was already being talked to by some decision makers. "It was being worked on, supposedly." This was before Golden was fired, as some of you might remember. At that time, most people (including myself) thought he wouldn't actually be considered because of the UNC scandal and supposed hard feelings from his previous exit. Anyway, ends up true that he's a real option.

The point of this thread is to introduce another real option being worked on:

Chip Kelly. Less than an hour ago was the first time I've heard his name mentioned by someone connected to the program. The context was simple. He was actually asked about Mario Cristobal. This is a Hispanic guy, so you'd think/worry there's some support. "Hates the Mario option" is closer to where he stands there. More importantly, he threw out that it looks more like Chip Kelly right now than other names discussed, if we can beat out USC. Things are actually moving on this front. Specifically, "Kelly is between us and USC right now." I cringe a little in hopes it's true we have that kind of status, but that is an exact quote. I interpreted everything to mean Kelly is actually considering us, and that he's more likely to come back to college than I previously thought.

For those of you who wanted to "shoot for the stars," apparently we are. And, that's the point of this thread. I actually hate all of this stuff, as it's impossible to know what is real and what will actually happen. But, if this guy says it's a name being worked on, I believe him. He has no real reason to f* around or create misinformation. If it means I'll sound ridiculous for passing it along, so be it. If we somehow end up with a bottom level option, I'll now be incredibly disappointed.

Proceed with what's expected...

#playersnotnotified
#GrudentoMiami
#clickbait
#fml

Advertisement
I would not complain at all about Chip. I still think it's a pipe dream. I just don't see our admin hiring a guy who was branded with a show cause. I also highly doubt we could ever outbid USC.

If USC gets Chip and we get Butch we will be playing each other in the playoffs within 2 years.

Last edited:
From just before the time Golden was fired, so many random rumors have come up that, while I'll drop a hint here and there if I hear something, sometimes I choose not to create a thread about it because I find it completely absurd or out of left field. In other words, just sounds like nonsense. Or, sometimes, it's not my info and I can't say I trust it.

As I've said in the past, I'm not the guy typically with any inside information. That's D$. A couple months ago, out of the blue, I was told Butch was already being talked to by some decision makers. "It was being worked on, supposedly." This was before Golden was fired, as some of you might remember. At that time, most people (including myself) thought he wouldn't actually be considered because of the UNC scandal and supposed hard feelings from his previous exit. Anyway, ends up true that he's a real option.

Chip Kelly. Less than an hour ago was the first time I've heard his name mentioned by someone connected to the program. The context was simple. He was actually asked about Mario Cristobal. This is a Hispanic guy, so you'd think/worry there's some support. "Hates the Mario option" is closer to where he stands there. More importantly, he threw out that it looks more like Chip Kelly right now than other names discussed, if we can beat out USC. Things are actually moving on this front. Specifically, "Kelly is between us and USC right now." I cringe a little in hopes it's true we have that kind of status, but that is an exact quote. I interpreted everything to mean Kelly is actually considering us, and that he's more likely to come back to college than I previously thought.

For those of you who wanted to "shoot for the stars," apparently we are. And, that's the point of this thread. I actually hate all of this stuff, as it's impossible to know what is real and what will actually happen. But, if this guy says it's a name being worked on, I believe him. He has no real reason to f* around or create misinformation. If it means I'll sound ridiculous for passing it along, so be it. If we somehow end up with a bottom level option, I'll now be incredibly disappointed.

#playersnotnotified
#GrudentoMiami
#clickbait
#fml

i dont like kelly. we will wind up on probation

Advertisement
Dont you dare tease me with this. It would be effing HUGE. Fvck USC. That's a program that couldn't touch our **** in our best years.

Advertisement

#playersnotnotified
#GrudentoMiami
#clickbait
#fml

i dont like kelly. we will wind up on probation

If we get a couple 11-12 win seasons out of the deal ill take that trade.

i dont like the way he plays the game. i want a smash mouth defense. he will run u scores with florida talent but I'm old school canes fan

Advertisement
Doesn't Chip Kelly hates players with a big ego? Kinda the exact opposite of California / Florida players, won't complain if we hire him but i just hope he's ready for the **** he's gonna have to put up with

No chance he would end up choosing us over USC if this were true...

They have deeper pockets, stadium, facilities and recruiting grounds that he's already familiar with..

The only reason I can think of, is that he would want a complete change of scenery and find Miami more appealing..

Advertisement
Lake lewis confirmed? Jk. Thnx for info homie. Would be an incredible get. Would be undefeated next and be in the playoffs. Hes a genius, and im sure hes learned even more in the NFL. Im a defense guy all the way, but id welcome Chip with open arms.

Kelly's not a fit in the NFL for a couple reasons: His personality is that of a dictator, which works better with college guys than millionaires; his offense is best suited for college football.

This is why I was on the Chip Kelly movement a long time ago. I thought we should make a power move like Bama did with Saban, Michigan did with Harbaugh and Arkansas did with Petrino. Guys can be had from the NFL after they realize it's not really their scene.

If anyone can get Kelly it's a program like UM because his style is absolutely perfect for the local material. He'd be unstoppable down here.

Advertisement
Back