Longtime heavy booster and Butch supporter says...

Doesn't Chip Kelly hates players with a big ego? Kinda the exact opposite of California / Florida players, won't complain if we hire him but i just hope he's ready for the **** he's gonna have to put up with

And if that "he's a racist" talk ever hits the streets here....

Advertisement
From just before the time Golden was fired, so many random rumors have come up that, while I'll drop a hint here and there if I hear something, sometimes I choose not to create a thread about it because I find it completely absurd or out of left field. In other words, just sounds like nonsense. Or, sometimes, it's not my info and I can't say I trust it.

As I've said in the past, I'm not the guy typically with any inside information. That's D$. A couple months ago, out of the blue, I was told Butch was already being talked to by some decision makers. "It was being worked on, supposedly." This was before Golden was fired, as some of you might remember. At that time, most people (including myself) thought he wouldn't actually be considered because of the UNC scandal and supposed hard feelings from his previous exit. Anyway, ends up true that he's a real option.

The point of this thread is to introduce another real option being worked on:

Chip Kelly. Less than an hour ago was the first time I've heard his name mentioned by someone connected to the program. The context was simple. He was actually asked about Mario Cristobal. This is a Hispanic guy, so you'd think/worry there's some support. "Hates the Mario option" is closer to where he stands there. More importantly, he threw out that it looks more like Chip Kelly right now than other names discussed, if we can beat out USC. Things are actually moving on this front. Specifically, "Kelly is between us and USC right now." I cringe a little in hopes it's true we have that kind of status, but that is an exact quote. I interpreted everything to mean Kelly is actually considering us, and that he's more likely to come back to college than I previously thought.

For those of you who wanted to "shoot for the stars," apparently we are. And, that's the point of this thread. I actually hate all of this stuff, as it's impossible to know what is real and what will actually happen. But, if this guy says it's a name being worked on, I believe him. He has no real reason to f* around or create misinformation. If it means I'll sound ridiculous for passing it along, so be it. If we somehow end up with a bottom level option, I'll now be incredibly disappointed.

Proceed with what's expected...

#playersnotnotified
#GrudentoMiami
#clickbait
#fml

i dont like kelly. we will wind up on probation

If we get a couple 11-12 win seasons out of the deal ill take that trade.

**** no...Our goal is and should always be to end up on top...I refuse to make fun of FSU for all those 10+ win seasons and only 3 rings to show for it then turn around and accept the same thing.. Chip better be coming to become a legacy, not keep us above 10 wins.

i dont like the way he plays the game. i want a smash mouth defense. he will run u scores with florida talent but I'm old school canes fan

I guess by old school you mean 2003. This team was never a smash mouth team wtf are you talking about?

The sentiment around the league regarding the usc job is that the ppl with power over there want helton to be the full-time coach.

Advertisement
No chance he would end up choosing us over USC if this were true...

They have deeper pockets, stadium, facilities and recruiting grounds that he's already familiar with..

The only reason I can think of, is that he would want a complete change of scenery and find Miami more appealing..

Jesus ******* christ people like you don't deserve to be fans of this team......Who won more titles in your lifetime, Miami or USC? For me, it's been Miami 5 USC 1......Now tell me which program is better?

As an Eagles fan, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Can we give Andy Reid a call? Chip destroyed a very good team.

Doesn't Chip Kelly hates players with a big ego? Kinda the exact opposite of California / Florida players, won't complain if we hire him but i just hope he's ready for the **** he's gonna have to put up with

This is a dumb myth. Kelly loves arrogant brash players. Did you watch his Oregon teams?

What he doesn't like is guys who don't follow orders. He's a dictator, and that's what a college coach should be.

Advertisement
As an Eagles fan, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Can we give Andy Reid a call? Chip destroyed a very good team.

A very good team? LMFAO the Eagles are one of the only non-Superbowl winners in the sport. You have no QB, in a sport where the QB is the entire sport.

No chance he would end up choosing us over USC if this were true...

They have deeper pockets, stadium, facilities and recruiting grounds that he's already familiar with..

The only reason I can think of, is that he would want a complete change of scenery and find Miami more appealing..

Jesus ******* christ people like you don't deserve to be fans of this team......Who won more titles in your lifetime, Miami or USC? For me, it's been Miami 5 USC 1......Now tell me which program is better?

Did I misstate something?

I do think Chip would kill it here though. I'd be like when Dennis Erickson took over.

I mean we have actual real life people complaining about Chip Kelly?

**** outta here.

If they are willing to throw all the money they have at him and they know he will accept, then ******* wait. I'll sacrifice the recruiting class.

Advertisement
Dont you dare tease me with this. It would be effing HUGE. Fvck USC. That's a program that couldn't touch our **** in our best years.

I was close to not posting this because I might then have to deal with being called a liar or stirring the pot, and answering 50 PMs. I wouldn't post it if it didn't come from someone who I consider a good dude.

My skepticism is about timing. While he may be sending out feelers, the timing would have to work an awful lot like Harbaugh's did last year. Except, the NFL East is SO bad.

Advertisement
Dont you dare tease me with this. It would be effing HUGE. Fvck USC. That's a program that couldn't touch our **** in our best years.

I was close to not posting this because I might then have to deal with being called a liar or stirring the pot, and answering 50 PMs. I wouldn't post it if it didn't come from someone who I consider a good dude.

My skepticism is about timing. While he may be sending out feelers, the timing would have to work an awful lot like Harbaugh's did last year. Except, the NFL East is SO bad.

Dude I have been rooting for the Cowboys and Giants, two teams I despise, the entire season, with this dream in my mind. He is BORN to coach at the U. It would freak everyone out, probably chase Jimbo from FSU. I'd effing lose my mind with joy if we hired this guy.

It depends. Yeah Philly still has a shot this year but the deeper they go into this Chip era they have to be sure he's the guy because the East won't always be this bad. I don't think this particular year will sway the Philly front office that much IMO. They have a ton of high priced disgruntled people there.

Advertisement
Back