Lol @ Lingard

Everyone knows that Bow, Naqyuan, and Lingard should be the ones leading us in carries buuuuuut Mullen/Knox are determined to get whatever they can get out of Pierce and Malik Davis. Nayquan been having a solid camp by all reports, but it’s just a matter of giving him the opportunity
The Gators depth chart and rotation makes very little sense to me. I'll be surprised if this depth chart looks the same at the end of the year.

Advertisement
Lingard is another example of our fans overrating players. We just get so excited about a kid that we can't contain ourselves. But anyone who watched him play in HS could see something was off.
I’m waiting on the ones who was bashing that staff for him not getting burn here…and it was a lot of mofos who had that energy

Gotta actually make it to the field to consider yourself a Gator I'd think.
Not true, you just need to be a blue chip that signs an LOI with them. Whether you ever qualify, don’t play or leave midway through your first semester because your QB tries to sexually assault you is irrelevant.

Larry Bluestein had it right from jump street. Lorenzo should have played LB. I always root for players who chose to be a CANE out of high school even if they transfer because sometimes **** don’t work out for whatever reason so I root for them to succeed unless they playing us then they can kick rocks. WITH THAT BEING SAID I REFUSE to root for any former Cane that transfers to one of our rival schools (mainly UF, FSU, and ND) so **** ALL UM TRANSFERS THAT GO TO THOSE SCHOOLS. No offense Lorenzo nothing personal it’s just what it is!!!

Advertisement
Running back is not a position that is held back by politics. He isn't playing because he ******* stinks and whatever + attributes he brings to the table are offset by being unable to do a lot of other ****, to the point he is a liability out there. Not difficult. He wouldn't have played here either. He was immediately behind Cam Harris the moment he stepped foot on campus and he would have been behind every freshmen on the depth chart.

I could’ve swore he switched to DB at UF already. From a athleticism standpoint he could do it. Problem is guys in the SEC have a similar athletic profile but have been training as DBs for far longer..
The guy has no wiggle and it was obvious. He killed it with openings cause he was fast but when you play vs. other teams starters, as an RB you have to make one guy miss to take it to the house. You saw that in that Wing T offense they ran at his high school, Camron Harris had a kinda similar offense, just more passing, and it took him time to adjust and still is.
Him going to DB would be a waste of a spot, he would never be able to flip his hips, maybe a striker spot like we got but I don't see it, LB maybe, but you need a different mindset at LB then Tail. You need to be a complete cement head to wanna smash guys skulls every play, some Tailbacks are like that too but their a rare breed now since it's a spread heavy world now, but I didn't see that with him, maybe you did?
I just think he peaked in high school 'cause he was faster then everyone else and he got the ball 30x a game.

Advertisement
The guy has no wiggle and it was obvious. He killed it with openings cause he was fast but when you play vs. other teams starters, as an RB you have to make one guy miss to take it to the house. You saw that in that Wing T offense they ran at his high school, Camron Harris had a kinda similar offense, just more passing, and it took him time to adjust and still is.
Him going to DB would be a waste of a spot, he would never be able to flip his hips, maybe a striker spot like we got but I don't see it, LB maybe, but you need a different mindset at LB then Tail. You need to be a complete cement head to wanna smash guys skulls every play, some Tailbacks are like that too but their a rare breed now since it's a spread heavy world now, but I didn't see that with him, maybe you did?
I just think he peaked in high school 'cause he was faster then everyone else and he got the ball 30x a game.
This.

From what I saw, he was never a RB. He's really a track guy, and his best option would have been to mimic Andrew Schwartz and try to be a breakaway WR who can outrun defenders. But that was before the injury... If he doesn't have the wheels like he used to, then his chances at football success are pretty slim.

Lingard is another example of our fans overrating players. We just get so excited about a kid that we can't contain ourselves. But anyone who watched him play in HS could see something was off.
Don't act like it was just us overrating him. He duped all the recruiting services too.

Cant lie I feel bad for bruh, you tellin me he cant be astarting kick returner with his speed at least?
He does not have good hands, I’d genuinely be concerned about him catching kickoffs consistently

Advertisement
Don't act like it was just us overrating him. He duped all the recruiting services too.
He did and everyone went along with it. There's a lot of that going around. But you're right it was not just us. That running style should have been the giveaway.

Advertisement
I’m waiting on the ones who was bashing that staff for him not getting burn here…and it was a lot of mofos who had that energy
No doubt. He did not deserve to play ahead of Cam Harris, Dallas, Homer or even Gray.

Running back is not a position that is held back by politics. He isn't playing because he ******* stinks and whatever + attributes he brings to the table are offset by being unable to do a lot of other ****, to the point he is a liability out there. Not difficult. He wouldn't have played here either. He was immediately behind Cam Harris the moment he stepped foot on campus and he would have been behind every freshmen on the depth chart.

I have no idea why this has been universally accepted as true, but it's absolutely false. Lingard was 100% ahead of Cam on the depth chart before his knee injury.

Lingard unfortunate knee injury, bad choice in transfer - but it's a fact Lingard was ahead of Cam before he got injured.

Advertisement
Back