Lmao at the hoe a$$ creeps

Most of those players you mentioned in your op that had career games would have been on the bench, if not for injuries. Manny did not recognize their talent, Manny gets NO credit for something he didn't do, except from the diaz dyck suckers.
Only here would losing so many super experienced players to injury also be blamed on the coach as a reason to fire him ... Jesus.

Advertisement
Keep in mind I've never said we don't have issues on this team. The issues that have to be addressed will be. Keep in mind we went and got a **** good CB coach and it's paying off in recruiting. We had a **** good linebackers coach and he was offered a def coordinator position and took it. So yeah I get there is issue but you also have to point out we attempted to fix them and I'm 100% sure we'll do the same thing this offseason.
How many chances does he get to fix things? Infinity & beyond???

So he gets to fire himself as DC & Patke next year? That will be his band aid and then what, the OL coach & DL coach the following year?

Huge gift? What about the Knighton fumble that bounced right into the defender's hands for a TD? Now that's a gift!

How many chances does he get to fix things? Infinity & beyond???

So he gets to fire himself as DC & Patke next year? That will be his band aid and then what, the OL coach & DL coach the following year?
Yep. Once he said the buck stops with me and hired himself he drew a red line. He has failed miserably and needs to go, yesterday.

**** y'all mad because we won??? Miserable a$$ life you creeps must have. The only things you post are negativity. 500+ yards of offense. Rambo was a few yards from the UM receiving single game record. TVD is an absolute beast. Knighton over 100+ yards rushing and did I leave out the TD Smith made was pure effort. Yeah we know the players made some mistakes and we need to get more consistent on defense but **** we gifted them 3 turnovers and they still lost. We won 3 in a row one more away from bowl eligibility and we about to stomp the **** out of fsu
Your right we won but talk about our direction and record. Are u pleased with direction of the program ?

Advertisement
@NorthernVirginiaCane wrote " There's plenty of us who think it's premature to fire a coach in his third year after a decent second year when we still don't know if the third year is going to result in progress or not. In fact, when I post something along those lines I get a ton of likes from people that don't post that often. The toxic fans drive away the normal and more reasonable fans.

...we recognize there are some factors outside of our reasonable control. Injuries, schedule, etc. And we recognize the story this season has not yet been written. Personally, I don't care who the coach is. But if Manny gets fired that means the team is struggling further and I don't want that. And that also means you have the real chance of going backwards with the next hire."

Say what?

@NorthernVirginiaCane wrote " There's plenty of us who think it's premature to fire a coach in his third year after a decent second year when we still don't know if the third year is going to result in progress or not. In fact, when I post something along those lines I get a ton of likes from people that don't post that often. The toxic fans drive away the normal and more reasonable fans.

...we recognize there are some factors outside of our reasonable control. Injuries, schedule, etc. And we recognize the story this season has not yet been written. Personally, I don't care who the coach is. But if Manny gets fired that means the team is struggling further and I don't want that. And that also means you have the real chance of going backwards with the next hire."

Say what?
What part don't you understand? It really is not that hard. Read it again, this time slower and have a dictionary and thesaurus ready if needed. Good luck buddy.

@NorthernVirginiaCane actually wrote that there is a "real chance of going backwards with the next hire." I wonder of some fans understand the game of football? That has to be one of the more clueless statements written on here I mean you cannot be serious after watching what we have watched and you don't conclude that Diaz absolutely, positively does not know what he is doing. TVD is an aberration! This program is one undisciplined mess which game after game faces its opponents without much help from its coaching staff.

And @NorthernVirginiaCane no need to try to insult me, just because you don't know what you are talking about. I am quite literate. I read and comprehended every word of what you wrote and I vehemently disagree. Furthermore in my opinion your words scream that you either don't watch the games, or lack a fundamental understanding of what a football team and program should look like.

Advertisement
What part don't you understand? It really is not that hard. Read it again, this time slower and have a dictionary and thesaurus ready if needed. Good luck buddy.

I honestly appreciate your positive attitude and levelheaded approach. I’m not one of those guys that’s constantly posting dumb negative shlt like a lot of these asshœles.

I’ve seen everything I need to see with Manny. I don’t need to go through game by game, but his teams consistently come out flat and looking unprepared against the worst competition.

We can go back to the first year and through the next couple of seasons. I just don’t see that he’s getting through to the players, and today’s game quite honestly, was an abysmal feast of errors due to lack of focus and discipline. That is 100% on coaching.

It’s his third year, and when I tally up the performance evaluation for the head coach it’s all ones and twos.

That's not true at all. There's plenty of us who think it's premature to fire a coach in his third year after a decent second year when we still don't know if the third year is going to result in progress or not. In fact, when I post something along those lines I get a ton of likes from people that don't post that often. The toxic fans drive away the normal and more reasonable fans.

Now do the normal and reasonable fans want the team to be a loser? No of course not. But we recognize there are some factors outside of our reasonable control. Injuries, schedule, etc. And we recognize the story this season has not yet been written. Personally, I don't care who the coach is. But if Manny gets fired that means the team is struggling further and I don't want that. And that also means you have the real chance of going backwards with the next hire.

Go Canes.
In a lot of circumstances, you'd be correct. But the thing to remember is that it's only his third year on one side of the ball. The side that's the problem now has been his for 6 years.

The thing about replacing him is that the right coach will not see a decrease in performance.

Interrupting In And Out GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

Advertisement
In a lot of circumstances, you'd be correct. But the thing to remember is that it's only his third year on one side of the ball. The side that's the problem now has been his for 6 years.

The thing about replacing him is that the right coach will not see a decrease in performance.
That's the way football goes. Sometimes the offense is good, sometimes the defense is good, sometimes both are good. He's had plenty of good defenses since he's been here. This year it's struggling.

He's playing a super young defense right now with really bad linebackers. Is that his fault? Sure, he's responsible for the defense including getting the players. Do I think he forgot how to coach defense all of a sudden? No.

That's the way football goes. Sometimes the offense is good, sometimes the defense is good, sometimes both are good. He's had plenty of good defenses since he's been here. This year it's struggling.

He's playing a super young defense right now with really bad linebackers. Is that his fault? Sure, he's responsible for the defense including getting the players. Do I think he forgot how to coach defense all of a sudden? No.
A lot of his "Good" defenses have been fool's gold. Those defenses have become few and far between once Golden's recruits cycled out of the program. This D is beyond awful. They don't tackle, they don't rush the passer, they don't know basic concepts like pursuit angles and are extremely undisciplined. There's a reason why UNC ran for well over 500 yards on this D last year, there's a reason why Miami gets shredded by any offense with a pulse, it's because the DC is a gimmick. Everything about him is flash, no substance. Teaching tackling isn't ****, but it wins games. Teaching run fits isn't ****, but it wins games. Manny spends more time thinking about a piece of jewelry and creating havoc plays than he does about the basics.

@AHURT12 wrote "Lmao so if we're the " laughing stock " of college football what's LSU and Clemson? Great head coach 5* players all over the field and one is 5-3. and the other is 4-4. If we're the " laughing stock " of college football what are the teams we beat then?"

Man I thought you had a real analysis. You cant be serious trying to compare Clemson down season and LSU's struggles to the U's absolute incompetence on the field. Those teams are just struggling they are not what we have become which is **** near perennial laughing stocks. And in almost every area of the football game with the exception of the passing game and even then the receivers are still dropping catchable balls. I watch a lot of football and things happen in our games that just don't happen as much with competent teams.

A HURT I am starting to suspect you chose a really apt moniker
Y’all get yourselves in trouble with these absolutes. What’s a laughing stock? Who’s laughing? Don’t **** happen in our game that doesn’t happen in other games. Provide examples.

Advertisement
Most of those players you mentioned in your op that had career games would have been on the bench, if not for injuries. Manny did not recognize their talent, Manny gets NO credit for something he didn't do, except from the diaz dyck suckers.
Rambo - starter
Smith - starter
Knighton - 2nd string

You sure they would’ve been on the bench?

**** y'all mad because we won??? Miserable a$$ life you creeps must have. The only things you post are negativity. 500+ yards of offense. Rambo was a few yards from the UM receiving single game record. TVD is an absolute beast. Knighton over 100+ yards rushing and did I leave out the TD Smith made was pure effort. Yeah we know the players made some mistakes and we need to get more consistent on defense but **** we gifted them 3 turnovers and they still lost. We won 3 in a row one more away from bowl eligibility and we about to stomp the **** out of fsu
3/4th of the post here are all negative even after a win instead of enjoying the W and celebrating the victory. Look at the rest of the country and even the ACC. Folks here still believe Butch is the savior, then Mack Brown, and Mark Stoops, then Mario, etc. What a bunch of clueless clowns.

Advertisement
Back