Lingard in the Portal

last video I saw of him running he still looked like he had a limp.

who was that Lb a few years ago that tore his knee up and never got back his speed. He would drag that leg around the rest of the games he played. His name slips my mind right now

Darrion Owens? Rafael Kirby? Both had a serious knee injury and didn't come back to form

Advertisement
Twice now cam was gonna clear it. Lot of **** yall just dont know if they dont report it on here. Yall got a limited view into this reality.

Sounds like past tense ...and he DIDNT. The uys sellign wolf tickets are in the portal of uncertainty currently. Literally every college kid say they gonna transfer early on in career.

Any rb though transferring out of Um and not going anywhere where they will be a focal point is doing themselves a disservice. We are a school that has guys like Damian Berry collect nfl checks. If your a Um rb with talent you WILL play in the nfl. Gus Edwards is collecting checks and still reps for UM as a graduate.

Darrion Owens? Rafael Kirby? Both had a serious knee injury and didn't come back to form

Owens. Man he never looked right again.Dragged that leg his whole last year playing. I feel Lo is in the same boat. Hopefully he can get back to 100% wherever he goes

Some of that stuff sounds kinda nitpicky IMO. (like the senior video thing)

I will say that I did find it strange that a number of players could have downed punts but let the ball continue to sit there until Jimmy Murphy came along. Weird. lol

And the fact that Murphy got a legit carry in the Va Tech sort of trump's my point. I stand corrected. They did give him a real rep.
It's definitely nitpicking. But I think little things like that add up.

Like @brock said about playing Ragone - playing & highlighting Murphy seemed to be Manny making an example of "hard work will get you playing time".

But to me - that was out the window when they played Martell at WR against Florida after a couple practices because "he looked really good at WR". Really? He looked good enough to jump up the depth chart after a couple practices, play in our biggest game of the year, then not play the rest of the season?

Players can sense BS - and there seemed to be too much BS & inconsistency this year from the staff. But it's Manny's first year, so hopefully he learns.

last video I saw of him running he still looked like he had a limp.

who was that Lb a few years ago that tore his knee up and never got back his speed. He would drag that leg around the rest of the games he played. His name slips my mind right now
When Patrick Joyner came back from his injury this season he didn’t look good either

Advertisement

Like @brock said about playing Ragone - playing & highlighting Murphy seemed to be Manny making an example of "hard work will get you playing time".

But to me - that was out the window when they played Martell at WR against Florida after a couple practices because "he looked really good at WR". Really? He looked good enough to jump up the depth chart after a couple practices, play in our biggest game of the year, then not play the rest of the season?

Players can sense BS - and there seemed to be too much BS & inconsistency this year from the staff. But it's Manny's first year, so hopefully he learns.

i think the reasoning was he had the athleticism and knew the playbook better than the current WRs.

Probably ends up at FSU and steamrolls Manure for 3 years.
1577739900163.png

The Martell WR package was an effective play package IMO. Uf was definitely concerned about a trick play with Martell throwing the ball that they keyed on him when he was in the game. That won't work going forward as opposing defensive coordinators now realize that Martell cannot throw the ball further than 8 or 9 yards downfield, so no need to key on him. :gb-bonesrock:

Advertisement
One thing that’s clear this
Brevin.

That’s it.

He will be a pro bowler in the league and we still didn’t get him the ball like we need too.

Yeah he had good numbers but he can break tight rnd receiving records if used right.
this we didn’t get brevin the ball thing needs to stop. He’s missed majority of the season. Do y’all forget at one point he was leading the nation in TE yards. He’s been hurt for a long time

i know a few posters that watched cam play in HS say he would be better than Lo coming in.

yea i remember when it went down and alot of posters that seen was on the side of cam.

I personally liked Lingard. He's a kid if he is transferring should maybe go to UCF...or a wide open system/spread team that can maybe just let him get outside using his speed. If he were to go to UF he would suffer the same fate he has here the minute they bring in competion...he would be wasted there as well.

Are you really that f'n dense? Tate was obviously being used as an extra wr in a decoy package to throw the defense off guard and see how they react. Tate was being hyped all off-season as a weapon and they used him to free up other more reliable receivers for a couple series.

Advertisement
So far Cam Harris looks like a 2nd string rb at best to me. He can make a splash play but he’s not consistent, Lingard definitely has more potential as a big play threat than him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Darrion had a slight tear and was told he could play the next week, then I believe it was vs FAU and he had the full tear and he was never the same after

Ya i remember he went down early in the FAU game. First drive if im not mistaken. Looked bad too.

Advertisement
Back