Lingard in the Portal

Advertisement
It's not just a talent thing. Coaches can play favorites, or favor older players, or just flat out get the depth chart wrong.

Damien Berry got more carries than Lamar Miller
Mike James got more carries than Duke Johnson
Mark Walton basically buried Gus Edwards & Travis Homer on the depth chart

I can see the coaches feeling Dallas & Cam were better. If the coaches felt they felt Burns & Murphy were better than Lingard - then the coaches are worse than we think they are.

It was always a weird situation surrounding Lingard, so I can't see any way this was strictly a talent thing.
I don’t know if it’s better per say or better prepared to play. Otherwise they’d be insane. Burns sucks

Im riding with the kid that is here....the other dudes are those that arent canes so f*ck em. It is what it is....its about time someone got on that tip...im tired of the "congrats bro"."forever a cane" talk....them ninjas aint unless they return from the portal...go to illinois, az state, or whatever group of 5 or fcs school and do some of the same you did at UM
Exactly bro. I had to fire DJ Ivey *** up when he retweeted Jaiden Francois decommitting. These kids are soft

Advertisement
yea i remember when it went down and alot of posters that seen was on the side of cam.

I personally liked Lingard. He's a kid if he is transferring should maybe go to UCF...or a wide open system/spread team that can maybe just let him get outside using his speed. If he were to go to UF he would suffer the same fate he has here the minute they bring in competion...he would be wasted there as well.
I was thinking that too. He would eat in a spread system kinda like lemichael James at Oregon back in the day

Advertisement
From the way Cam clapping this dude left his team. Nobody tripped when Hightower rolled out or JT4. Must caught them off guard. He may want back in with a new OC but who knows, better yet who cares
Manny better not lose 1-2 games next year with that schedule or he gone

Advertisement
Main issue will almost exclusively be picking up blocking well enough when it's a free for all behind the line as of now. If I had to guess I'd say chaney probably will struggle with that and knighton will be the better of the two as of now. But I only say that cause of size. Than again duke was a great blocker so well see.
Too many folks don’t understand the importance of a RB’s ability to block. Lingard did not have to block in high school in a very basic offense. I lived in Orlando when I first saw him and I would say the level of competition he faced in (Volusia/Orange county) was much lower than what Harris/Chaney/Knighton faced.

He may be the most explosive straight line runner but he’s most likely at the bottom of the depth chart as a complete Back. TIFWIW
Spot on analysis once again by dsdd - when he talks, I listen.

Advertisement
Darrion had a slight tear and was told he could play the next week, then I believe it was vs FAU and he had the full tear and he was never the same after
This needs a ****** thread and this needs to find it's way to people in control. That's ****** insane.

Advertisement
Back