Lingard in the Portal

Advertisement
Harris played at Carol City High, and at Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes youth program. Kid has always played with and against competition...you can tell those who really have...and those who havent. The ones's who havent have tried to or have high tailed it out asap...
This kid is/was a 4th string rb so i could really care less...and dude is scared of the other 2 coming in. He had all spring to show his notches then re evaluate but he's high tailing. The full back was beat out by a walk on and he also is in the portal. Hightower gone and we have a pedestrian wr group.

nah but posters are claiming cam is a ***** though

One item of note:

The "Jimmy Murphy getting carries over Lingard" stuff seems rather silly to me. I only recall Jimmy Murphy getting a handful of carries during the Bethune Cookman game. That was in September. Was Lingard medically cleared to play at that point?

I looked at Jimmy Murphy's carries as more of a reward for his hard work on special teams. As well, he was a senior.

To me - Jimmy "Make A Wish" Murphy went from cool story in the BCU game to major annoyance the rest of the year.

Murphy was given a critical 3rd & 1 carry in the 3rd Quarter of the VT game. Now - it worked...he got 1 yard....but it was still a terrible call. If he hadn't gotten that 1st down it might of been the worst call of the year for Manny & Enos.

Then I swear players were instructed to let Jimmy Murphy down the ball on punts. You could see them back off and wait for Murphy fly in to down the ball.

Then in the stupid "Senior Day" video they made, they led with 2 clips of Jimmy Murphy. Really? You're gonna highlight the Senior walk-on in your tribute to the Seniors before 4 year starters like Shaq and Pickney? Little things like that show a total lack of awareness by the staff.

it s a war between Harris and students that transfered from miami

Hightower calling him out, Ezzard retweeting Campbell

Nice culture lol

Im riding with the kid that is here....the other dudes are those that arent canes so f*ck em. It is what it is....its about time someone got on that tip...im tired of the "congrats bro"."forever a cane" talk....them ninjas aint unless they return from the portal...go to illinois, az state, or whatever group of 5 or fcs school and do some of the same you did at UM

Advertisement
To me - Jimmy "Make A Wish" Murphy went from cool story in the BCU game to major annoyance the rest of the year.

Murphy was given a critical 3rd & 1 carry in the 3rd Quarter of the VT game. Now - it worked...he got 1 yard....but it was still a terrible call. If he hadn't gotten that 1st down it might of been the worst call of the year for Manny & Enos.

Then I swear players were instructed to let Jimmy Murphy down the ball on punts. You could see them back off and wait for Murphy fly in to down the ball.

Then in the stupid "Senior Day" video they made, they led with 2 clips of Jimmy Murphy. Really? You're gonna highlight the Senior walk-on in your tribute to the Seniors before 4 year starters like Shaq and Pickney? Little things like that show a total lack of awareness by the staff.
You do realize that Jimmy Murphy was a POSITIVE thing this year, right? Actually one of the very few positive aspects to the entire 2019 season. The negativity around here has gotten downright cancerous.

Last edited:

To add to that, they see Murphy as a story and then felt obliged to put ragone another walk on in the game vs uva and also ga tech.

Some of that stuff sounds kinda nitpicky IMO. (like the senior video thing)

I will say that I did find it strange that a number of players could have downed punts but let the ball continue to sit there until Jimmy Murphy came along. Weird. lol

And the fact that Murphy got a legit carry in the Va Tech sort of trump's my point. I stand corrected. They did give him a real rep.

Advertisement
Lol;

How much u wanna bet if the shoe was on the opposite foot for Cam, he would enter the portal?

Itā€™s real easy to throw up the peace sign when youā€™re the benefactor.

Hereā€™s my gripe w some of you who are sneak dissing Loā€™s decision:

I donā€™t get is how so many fans can justify why J Phillips entered the portal, justifying & bashing Chip Kelly as a reason. I donā€™t get how fans can defend and justify Bolden entering the portal, smashing down on Helton & how SC mishandled a situation involving him as to y it was cool to quit his team. YET, we have nut jobs on here, after WITNESSING w/ their own eyes, after HEARING w/ their own ears how FCKED up this season has been, and how **** POOR Manny has been in trying to change narrative after narrative to defend his ineptitude, are still finding a way to blame Lo for his decision & low key sneak defend Manny and the culture!!

Itā€™s truly mind boggling. Be a fan, but be objective & stop being blind to facts. Manny has provided us facts; not assumptions, but facts as to him being the problem, not Lo, Hightower, George, Pope, Reed, Bandy, Garvin, and other future kids who will declare early for no rhyme or reason/transfer.

Phillips and Bolden actually played at their previous schools. Totally different...this dude was ou 4th or 5th string rb. Had Bolden or Phillips stayed at their previous school they would be starters. Phillips is totally different since it was an injury situation anyway,

Im riding with the kid that is here....the other dudes are those that arent canes so f*ck em. It is what it is....its about time someone got on that tip...im tired of the "congrats bro"."forever a cane" talk....them ninjas aint unless they return from the portal...go to illinois, az state, or whatever group of 5 or fcs school and do some of the same you did at UM

Im somewhere in between ppl are blinded by their hate of the team and Manny. They wouldnā€™t be as supportive given more success

You got that dawg in you! Letā€™s get this culture fixed!

That's sorta what I feared. I heard other people say stuff before but never confirmed it. Explains why between him and training being off kids dont heal up how they should.

So now you saying the Feeley isn't doing a good job either?

Advertisement
The Jimmy Murphy references re the Lo situation have jumped the shark. Jimmy Murphy wasn't elevated above Lo on the RB depth chart, like some of you like to infer with your comments. They brought the kid in for a smash mouth run in a decided game to give him a TD and a glory moment because he had worked his *** off to be our "Rudy". It's worth noting that it was one of the only positive moments of our entire 2019 season.

I get the optics of it re Lo, but stop with these asinine remarks that imply our coaching staff made Jimmy Murphy RB3 and Lo RB5. That never happened. Yes, the staff REWARDED Murphy in that manner and never did the same for Lo. I get that. But their situations couldn't be any more different and have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Seriously... it is not like Raggone over Sam Brooks in a tied conference game. Delineate the idiocy people.

Advertisement
they keep missing that part ...but mentioning Murphy, Burns, etc..... he's not better than Cam Harris..he knows that at least.

i know a few posters that watched cam play in HS say he would be better than Lo coming in.

Image result for who cares gif

Advertisement
Back