Lingard in the Portal

Advertisement
I respect your opinion but there’s nothing Manny has done this year especially on offense that makes me trust his judgement. I think Manny has become a used car salesman and I grade him on his team and player‘s performance not what he says. A good AD would have fired him this year. He has no credibility that he has done the right thing With anyone. In fact he has handles many things wrong. Since your speculating that he was still injured as the reason not to play, I will speculate also and submit coaches knew he was going to transfer and decided to punish him and reward players who were staying.

"He has no credibility that he has done the right thing With anyone."

Exactly!!!
Obviously something was going on that we will never fully know. But they way some here automatically take the staff's narrative and spin over the player is what ****es me off.
Manny has no credibility.

Advertisement
One item of note:

The "Jimmy Murphy getting carries over Lingard" stuff seems rather silly to me. I only recall Jimmy Murphy getting a handful of carries during the Bethune Cookman game. That was in September. Was Lingard medically cleared to play at that point?

I looked at Jimmy Murphy's carries as more of a reward for his hard work on special teams. As well, he was a senior.

There is still a chance he does not leave

if dsd is right and seems that way w how manny seems to be in terms of dictating offensive personnel, then the new OC could convince Lo to come back. do i think itll happen? doubt it esp with two elite hs backs coming in to further add to the comp.

How many carries did Murphy get?
The Jimmy Murphy references re the Lo situation have jumped the shark. Jimmy Murphy wasn't elevated above Lo on the RB depth chart, like some of you like to infer with your comments. They brought the kid in for a smash mouth run in a decided game to give him a TD and a glory moment because he had worked his *** off to be our "Rudy". It's worth noting that it was one of the only positive moments of our entire 2019 season.

I get the optics of it re Lo, but stop with these asinine remarks that imply our coaching staff made Jimmy Murphy RB3 and Lo RB5. That never happened. Yes, the staff REWARDED Murphy in that manner and never did the same for Lo. I get that. But their situations couldn't be any more different and have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
One item of note:

The "Jimmy Murphy getting carries over Lingard" stuff seems rather silly to me. I only recall Jimmy Murphy getting a handful of carries during the Bethune Cookman game. That was in September. Was Lingard medically cleared to play at that point?

I looked at Jimmy Murphy's carries as more of a reward for his hard work on special teams. As well, he was a senior.
Took the words out of my mouth as I was typing them, SF.

Advertisement
Look man... We all said the same exact thing about Jarren when he was about to leave because he couldn't get playing time behind garbage a$$ Rosier and Perry... And we see how that played out when he finally got his chance lol. No knock to Zo but I actually wouldn't be surprised if he really just couldn't get his **** together. RB is one of the hardest positions to come back from that type of injury. And yes, he said he was healthy but c'mon we know **** well it affected him with "technical" things(things other than just running the ball).

Advertisement
Did he play defense in high school? He’s got the speed and frame to do damage there

Harris is that savage mentality. Guy ran full speed at every stacked box. Ran full speed behind every garbage line. Made some plays. Love that guy

Harris played at Carol City High, and at Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes youth program. Kid has always played with and against competition...you can tell those who really have...and those who havent. The ones's who havent have tried to or have high tailed it out asap...
This kid is/was a 4th string rb so i could really care less...and dude is scared of the other 2 coming in. He had all spring to show his notches then re evaluate but he's high tailing. The full back was beat out by a walk on and he also is in the portal. Hightower gone and we have a pedestrian wr group.

Advertisement
/Cue the Allen Iverson voice:

"You talking 'bout a warning man. A warning. Not a ban. Not a ban. You talking 'bout a warning man. I know we're supposed to take warnings seriously but c'mon, man. You talking 'bout a warning man. A warning?"
Warnings count.

Our doctors are all world. HOWEVER much as I love vinny as a person and as long as hes been around it may be time to move on from vinny. Atleast in the head trainer capacity.

we should've been moved on from Vinny, he's hobbling more than the player that's injured lol

Dude might not be the same after the injury

Who knows

I wanted to see that sub 4.4 speed doe

Dude had a Different gear

last video I saw of him running he still looked like he had a limp.

who was that Lb a few years ago that tore his knee up and never got back his speed. He would drag that leg around the rest of the games he played. His name slips my mind right now

One item of note:

And the support and appreciation shown from his teammates after his TD was easily one of the few team highlights from this train wreck of a season.

Apologies to @For_The_U as I saw your reply after posting mine.

Advertisement
Back