Lingard in the Portal

Think about that and you'll be able to answer it yourself. Maybe the problem is bigger than ****. A bandage dont heal when you need an amputation.
I hear you but **** man. Shanny is a defensive coach and I guess I was just hoping for a new OC that would finally use him. I guess the HC is always going to be involved but in our case, I hope we can get a truly innovative spread and Shanny stays out of the way. Not to mention, he's obviously not firing Baker, so he really needs to concentrate on D

Advertisement
Leaving makes no sense unless he feels he won't be able to get carries over Harris, Knighton, and Cheney. He now has to sit out another year...which is another year of lack of on-field development for him. There has to be more to this story than we're seeing.
He won’t get carries over those guys. That’s why he left. He is scared to compete. The most overhyped player I have seen at Miami. He can’t even best out Burns

Advertisement
he has every right to go anywhere he wants. every school will have competition for playing time and sometimes a change is good. like most things in life, you will hear only the good about the high * transfers that work out. The other 99% will be forgotten. Playing football for any school can provide and education and connections for life that could help you when you don't make the NFL, cause that's the reality for 99% of all the college players.

Advertisement
Apparently this only applies to Miami. The recycled excuses:

1. No depth, that’s y we suck

2. We’re too young, that’s y we suck

3. We have no upperclass leadership, that’s y we suck.

4. We don’t have the blue chip players like other schools, that’s y we suck.

Lol. We literally are an insane asylum.

Can't have a discussion about blue chip ratio without blue chippers. Manny is big brain.

good for him. Save yourself before these amateurs ruin your career. Get Blake James and Manny Diaz all the way out of my face

Advertisement
How can anyone say Lingard wasn’t good enough to crack the field when he was never given a chance. If we had Dee Jay healthy and Harris was almost as good there can be a case for not playing him, but that’s not what happened. Harris didn't impress even with a bad OL. Burns no where good enough to not give Lingard a chance.

This is speculation but I wonder if the coaches knew Lingard was going to transfer and decided to bench him as he was no longer on the team. If true big mistake because their impressions of him would have changed after a single long run but he never got the chance. How do you but in a LB walk on in a game but not give Lingard some carries. This seems personal.
He was given the chance to get playing time because he was never ahead of Burns and Harris on the depth cart. He had manny opportunities in practice to complete for playing time. If you don’t earn it in practice, then you don’t deserve to get carries. He has been healthy for weeks

Agree with much of your post, Rell, but we have had dudes making bad decisions to leave early since way before CMRs second year. But that doesn't change the core point of your post.

Not on this level bro; go peep the stats. We’ve always had some knuckleheads, but kids r bouncing at an alarming rate from here.

Advertisement
He won’t get carries over those guys. That’s why he left. He is scared to compete. The most overhyped player I have seen at Miami. He can’t even best out Burns
Maybe. Hard to know for sure. Maybe his injury had a lasting effect? Doesn't make sense otherwise, to wait another whole year to play, when we have an OC change coming now, unless he feels he can't compete (never regained full ability) or won't be allowed to compete (if so, why??).

Advertisement
Back