Lingard in the Portal

Agree with this. At least to me, there is a huge difference between people who elect to transfer at the conclusion of a season like Cager and Lo, and those who bail on their brothers in between games. I respect Lingard very much for how he handled himself this year. I am sure it was not easy, and he was surrounded by a lot of fellow players modeling the other way to handle it. Much respect, young man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leaving makes no sense unless he feels he won't be able to get carries over Harris, Knighton, and Cheney. He now has to sit out another year...which is another year of lack of on-field development for him. There has to be more to this story than we're seeing.

Advertisement
I call BS on that. Burns can’t even hit a wide open hole.

Burns didn't get very many wide open holes any more than our other backs....and did better than most when he went in.

I don't blame Camron for being ****ed that Lingard wouldn't see this through and have faith, and I don't blame Lo for trying to get a new start since the coach that didn't play him (who should not have been hired in the first place) was retained.

Sucks all around....and with our luck, he will ball out for one of our hated rivals.

UM

Lose a year of eligibility transferring within the conference unless the rules have changed.
That's the most confusing part. He's transferring because he's not playing, but then is gonna transfer and miss another year of football unless he goes FCS. He might as well stay, he'll have a clean slate with the new offensive staff.

Advertisement
Lmao I don't get it. Why can't we sign the best RB class in the nation and simultaneously not have our current roster collapse?

Staff is a joke.

Apparently this only applies to Miami. The recycled excuses:

1. No depth, that’s y we suck

2. We’re too young, that’s y we suck

3. We have no upperclass leadership, that’s y we suck.

4. We don’t have the blue chip players like other schools, that’s y we suck.

Lol. We literally are an insane asylum.

The issue is Cheney/Knighton technically aren't in the room. Until they attend their first class/practice, to me, they don't exist.
Ok, fair enough. I try not to spend too much mental energy analyzing chaos scenarios myself.

Advertisement
How can anyone say Lingard wasn’t good enough to crack the field when he was never given a chance. If we had Dee Jay healthy and Harris was almost as good there can be a case for not playing him, but that’s not what happened. Harris didn't impress even with a bad OL. Burns no where good enough to not give Lingard a chance.

This is speculation but I wonder if the coaches knew Lingard was going to transfer and decided to bench him as he was no longer on the team. If true big mistake because their impressions of him would have changed after a single long run but he never got the chance. How do you but in a LB walk on in a game but not give Lingard some carries. This seems personal.

Advertisement
Back