Lingard in the Portal

Advertisement
How can anyone say Lingard wasn’t good enough to crack the field when he was never given a chance. If we had Dee Jay healthy and Harris was almost as good there can be a case for not playing him, but that’s not what happened. Harris didn't impress even with a bad OL. Burns no where good enough to not give Lingard a chance.

This is speculation but I wonder if the coaches knew Lingard was going to transfer and decided to bench him as he was no longer on the team. If true big mistake because their impressions of him would have changed after a single long run but he never got the chance. How do you but in a LB walk on in a game but not give Lingard some carries. This seems personal.
Unquestionably there is a huge back story here that most of us (I'd say all) are not aware of. Youd have to be naive not to come to that conclusion at this point. Now who ends up being the person at fault if you knew the real story? I'm not sure we'll ever find that out because I think the version of events we'll get from either camp will be extremely biased as to their side of things. The whole situation sucks, there's no other way to spin it. I think at this point it is clearly better for all parties to go in a different direction. I grew great respect for how he handled himself this year considering the situation and I wish him nothing but the best wherever he lands.

Time for us to focus on who we do have.

He won’t get carries over those guys. That’s why he left. He is scared to compete. The most overhyped player I have seen at Miami. He can’t even best out Burns
Oh and I guess Jimmy Murphy was better than him too. Come on man, be for real. Him not getting reps had nothing to do with his ability. I dont know what the issue was but its obvious there's more to the story.

No one would blame you for leaving your job if your direct supervisor, director, VP, and CEO were all terrible. Let this kid go and be successful (or not) somewhere else. This program is a raging inferno of incompetency.

Advertisement
I know that. This RB is truly great and the Harris/Lingard class was really good

Per 247; Lingard was the #2 RB (5 star) in the nation and Harris was the #7 RB in the nation.

Per 247; Chaney is the #5 RB (4 star) in the nation and Knighton is the #10 RB in the nation.

Clearly by rankings, 2018 was the better haul.

Maybe. Hard to know for sure. Maybe his injury had a lasting effect? Doesn't make sense otherwise, to wait another whole year to play, when we have an OC change coming now, unless he feels he can't compete (never regained full ability) or won't be allowed to compete (if so, why??).
Burns had some awful injures over the past couple of years but that didn’t keep him from competing.

Advertisement
Oh and I guess Jimmy Murphy was better than him too. Come on man, be for real. Him not getting reps had nothing to do with his ability. I dont know what the issue was but its obvious there's more to the story.

Yeah something else was going on. I have no idea whom to blame. I'm not gonna blindly blame the coaches here either.

Burns and Harris have always been ahead of him on the depth chart. If he stayed, he would have been like the 4th or 5th running back on the roster

Leaving makes no sense unless he feels he won't be able to get carries over Harris, Knighton, and Cheney. He now has to sit out another year...which is another year of lack of on-field development for him. There has to be more to this story than we're seeing.

Yeah....he dosen't buy mannys bullsh1t

Advertisement
Per 247; Lingard was the #2 RB (5 star) in the nation and Harris was the #7 RB in the nation.

Per 247; Chaney is the #5 RB (4 star) in the nation and Knighton is the #10 RB in the nation.

Clearly by rankings, 2018 was the better haul.
MUCH Deeper rb group in 2020 than it was in 2018. That has been said by multiple people, place them in this class of rbs where would they be ranked? Not where they finished in 2018

again where does he fit in with the likes of a bowman, Evans, Chaney,bijan robinson, tank bigsby, Mar Shawn Lloyd ,knighton , jase McClellan, Kendall Milton and others?

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's the most confusing part. He's transferring because he's not playing, but then is gonna transfer and miss another year of football unless he goes FCS. He might as well stay, he'll have a clean slate with the new offensive staff.

He wont get a clean slate whith the joke of of a head coach we have

I'm not sweating over losing a RB. RB is not our problem and very, very rarely ever has been. Would prefer to have 5 on the roster at any given point, but we should be fine with the 4 we'll have.

Advertisement
Back