Let's Go USA!

Advertisement
This statement is pure trash....comparing our country to North Korea. I wonder how you were raised, especially by our educational system.

It has been a long standing custom and principle that we don't let our flag hit the ground. My generation grew up with that. We learned that at an early age.

We are at polar opposites from North Korea and terms of freedoms, tolerance and democracy, despite what the whiners and complainers like Meghan Rapinoe assert. We are the greatest country on Earth. North Korea is probably the worst.

Your specious comparison proves nothing. I suppose one could say "Look, North Korea ain't so bad...they have the same principle about the flag as the United States."

Being careless and dropping the flag is disrespect, nonetheless. Even if she was indifferent, her indifference was still disrespectful. She showed more concern for herself than for the country she represented.

She should have protected that flag like it was a precious child. She did not.

That's my impression of a lot of these women soccer players...yapping on about pay inequities and so on.

They're all about themselves.

I am not comparing our country to North Korea. Perhaps you should learn to read better before getting into arguments. YOU are the one that wants to copy a North Korean custom in "not letting people place the flag on the ground".

You are the one whining and complaining in this thread.

I agree about the pay inequality bs. It is ridiculous. They do not deserve to be paid much since no one watches their sport. I also would not allow the flag to touch the ground. However, I am all for freedom and if she wants to use her freedom to put the flag on the floor that is fine with me. That is what separates the free countries from the dictatorships.

And many of us have a right to be offended. Hasn't the NFL lost attendance and/or viewership since the Kaepernick stuff began? Has it recovered?

I haven't watched a pro game outside of parts of a Superbowl in ages.

I have lost interest and the overpaid self-centered athletes, whining about imagined grievances, has contributed to my loss of interest.
Imagined grievances? Are serious with that? Are you really saying that there's never been discrimination against blacks, women, or homosexuals in this country? Are you saying that there's never been cases of police brutality? I'm amazed how you look down on SJW's while talking about how you're offended. SJW's are offended by things that are said and here you are being offended that they are offended. Look in the mirror. You point at other people and talk about how self centered they are yet skip over how self centered you are. I know you have a post talking about hypocrisy.. look in the mirror, you're a hypocrite also. Discrimination isn't imaginary.

Not according to SJWs. Remember certain words, phrases, and thoughts are triggering to their "truth" (to self absorbed to realize its actually a viewpoint, not fact), it takes away their safe space no matter how uttterly ridiculous, childish, and narcissistic their position might be on x topic.
Where is the safe space for people who are triggered by how others protest?
SJWs don't want the US, they want the Balkans--BUT everyone in US better pay for it while they blather along playing video games, taking duck face selfies living their best life, and going to yoga drum circle classes.

Ditto for right wing religious nut jobs--although they are a bit more restrained to just a few issues...and at least they want to actually work for a living by and large.

I believe what infuriates most about libtard SJWs like Rapino is this--the hypocrisy.

She acts like she is some conscripted Roman gladiator, same for Kap. Thet are volunteers and know exactly what they are doing--FOR THIER OWN ENRICHMENT. They curse the US, but live off its dollars, yet dont see the duplicity of complicity by supporting the "rascist" economic system. 99% of libtard SJWs cant even understand my last sentence, and it only proves my point further.
Maybe it's not the system that bothers them, just how it treats certain people. They want it to be a FAIR system that treats everyone equally. You know, like it's supposed to be in this country.. or have you forgotten? This country was born of protest against injustices. Would you claim our founding fathers complicit because they made money off selling Tea but still threw it in the harbor? Are the Sons of Liberty really nothing more than hypocrites?
We've come to the point of no compromise in our country. What's the middle ground on 2d ammendment? Abortion? Immigration? The polar opposite camps now (and pulling middle towards both) want nothing less than total annihilation of the other side.

I fear this movie does not end well.

Now back to our board...

Go Canes! Beat the green off the lizards 8/24!

It is 100% American to say "**** that, we shouldn't have to live this way." People have been talking about these issues for generations. Of course there will be 'loyalist' hold outs who don't understand anything because it doesn't affect them. If it takes throwing tea in the harbor or kneeling during the anthem to get ostriches to see the issues then so be it. People need to get past being offended and self centered and open their minds to the issues that are holding this country back. Discrimination needs to end.

Imagined grievances? Are serious with that? Are you really saying that there's never been discrimination against blacks, women, or homosexuals in this country? Are you saying that there's never been cases of police brutality? I'm amazed how you look down on SJW's while talking about how you're offended. SJW's are offended by things that are said and here you are being offended that they are offended. Look in the mirror. You point at other people and talk about how self centered they are yet skip over how self centered you are. I know you have a post talking about hypocrisy.. look in the mirror, you're a hypocrite also. Discrimination isn't imaginary.

Where is the safe space for people who are triggered by how others protest? Maybe it's not the system that bothers them, just how it treats certain people. They want it to be a FAIR system that treats everyone equally. You know, like it's supposed to be in this country.. or have you forgotten? This country was born of protest against injustices. Would you claim our founding fathers complicit because they made money off selling Tea but still threw it in the harbor? Are the Sons of Liberty really nothing more than hypocrites?

It is 100% American to say "**** that, we shouldn't have to live this way." People have been talking about these issues for generations. Of course there will be 'loyalist' hold outs who don't understand anything because it doesn't affect them. If it takes throwing tea in the harbor or kneeling during the anthem to get ostriches to see the issues then so be it. People need to get past being offended and self centered and open their minds to the issues that are holding this country back. Discrimination needs to end.

He is the type of guy that would say "don't throw the tea in the water. That would be disrespectful to the king. In my day we respected the king, paid our taxes, and shut the fvck up about. Kids these days have to much time on their hands HOW DARE THEY DISRESPECT THE CROWN".

Advertisement

Where is the safe space for people who are triggered by how others protest? Maybe it's not the system that bothers them, just how it treats certain people. They want it to be a FAIR system that treats everyone equally. You know, like it's supposed to be in this country.. or have you forgotten? This country was born of protest against injustices. Would you claim our founding fathers complicit because they made money off selling Tea but still threw it in the harbor? Are the Sons of Liberty really nothing more than hypocrites?

You couldn't be more wrong, distorted, and off the mark.

At thats the tragedy. I could refute you easily point for point, but you can't grasp it. And its the hopelessness of the conversation that only further tears apart the fabric.

I can see your points, SJWs can't see others.

Thankfully this is the US (for now) and we can agree to disagree.

Keep on keepn on.

This division is going to get settled one way or the other.

At thats the tragedy. I could refute you easily point for point, but you can't grasp it. And its the hopelessness of the conversation that only further tears apart the fabric.

Keep on keepn on.

Yeah, ok then.

Advertisement

Keep on keepn on.

Division is what the head masters want. It's the only way they can keep their grip on power. It's both sides.

Yeah, ok then.

My point exactly. Go write some snarky "savage AF burn" on twitter.

Here in the actual world, people who accomplish productive things will try and get something done.

It has become impossible to believe we are from the same country.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

My point exactly. Go write some snarky "savage AF burn" on twitter.

Here in the actual world, people who accomplish productive things will try and get something done.

It has become impossible to believe we are from the same country.
What is your point exactly? I don't do twitter. What country are you from?

I could refute you easily point for point, but you can't grasp it.
Is that some sort of snarky savage af burn? Right there is exactly where you earned the 'yeah, ok then.'

Advertisement
What is your point exactly? I don't do twitter. What country are you from?

Is that some sort of snarky savage af burn? Right there is exactly where you earned the 'yeah, ok then.'

That you can't possibly grasp anything reasonable.

I'm proudly an American citizen.

You perhaps are from Bizarro World (nothing personal, it just is)?

And again, there in lies the tragedy. I can see everyone of your points and logically refute them. A 5th grader could.

You can't same the same factually.

But I digress.

Creak. Creak. Creak. (Thats me closing the oxygen valve now)

And it's honestly not people having issues with politics in sports. It's people having issues with DIFFERENT politics than they have that is the issue. Last time I checked, we were still able to speak our mind in the US.
Honestly, just speaking personally for myself, I want all politics out of sports. During the week is when I indulge in news and "controversies", on Saturdays and Sundays that's my escape from real world BS. I think when you take a political stance one way or the other it alienates fans on both sides along with ultimately costing their bottom line and salaries.

Advertisement
All this back and forth due to a thread about, of all things, women's soccer.
Given that nobody will remember women's soccer for the next three+ years, let's let them have an extra 15 minutes.

That you can't possibly grasp anything reasonable.

I'm proudly an American citizen.

You perhaps are from Bizarro World (nothing personal, it just is)?

And again, there in lies the tragedy. I can see everyone of your points and logically refute them. A 5th grader could.

You can't same the same factually.

But I digress.

Creak. Creak. Creak. (Thats me closing the oxygen valve now)
Can't same the same? Look at you trying to be all high and mighty and ******* up so easily.

I'm a proud American also and I served in the USN for eight years. Kaepernick's protests initially bothered me but I got over it really quick once I thought about it for a little bit. I suggest you do the same. Use that profound brain of yours instead of staying in your feelings.

Can't same the same? Look at you trying to be all high and mighty and ******* up so easily.

I'm a proud American also and I served in the USN for eight years. Kaepernick's protests initially bothered me but I got over it really quick once I thought about it for a little bit. I suggest you do the same. Use that profound brain of yours instead of staying in your feelings.

You only further prove my point.

If you did serve in USN thank you. What went wrong then? That was rhetorical, I don't want a response.

Even more perplexing your position. You would then of course realize our Service 100% enables SJWs to be who they are free of retribution, while at the same time recognizing the absurd caricature they have become. Both those thoughts can exist at the same time.

Given that nobody will remember women's soccer for the next three+ years, let's let them have an extra 15 minutes.

You bring up an interesting point.

Other than the inevitable self-licking ice cream cone media tour, does women's soccer start to take market share from NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL?

Advertisement
Back